Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
People that come and go with dignity appreciate it and it makes for a smoother transition for the next employee.
Gain a bad reputation though for mismanagement of people and the top tier may not be so keen to look at you as an employer....unless you bump that cash.
I know you understand this. Having and maintaining a good reputation stands for plenty....in commerce..in industry and at silly little football clubs.

EDIT: Just an aside -

I drove to our match against The Saints and listened to MLG being interviewed.
He was resolute in his backing of Bolton and for the journey the CFC embarked upon and nothing was going to sway this.
I wrote on this board as to just how happy I was to hear of what sounded like a club that knew what they were doing.

9 days later, Bolton was sacked.

Not sure that Bolton sacking was the president's call....are you?

Not sure that Bolton sacking was the president's call....are you?

It wasn't his call, but how could the left hand not know what the right hand is doing?

How can the President one week be speaking of a united front, to only next week crumble and be party to executing the coach. It's a head-shaker.

It's a good observation and probably typical of most competitive organisations. Heads roll when performances are below expectations.

I would hazard a guess that churn will decrease as the Club's win/loss ratio improves. If there has been disunity over the last few years, it only makes the achievement of completing a ground up list rebuild all the more impressive. The next major test for the club will be how it handles a period of success because this is when Carlton of old has become arrogant and complacent.

It will but the leopard will still have its spots.
In summary, I don't trust this club in the way it conducts itself.
We're all friends when the sun is shining. It's who we are on the bad days that counts, though.

It wasn't his call, but how could the left hand not know what the right hand is doing?

How can the President one week be speaking of a united front, to only next week crumble and be party to executing the coach. It's a head-shaker.

Come on Harks, the president (any president) is not going to say the coach is in trouble. They always (rightfully) give their support publicly until it’s time to sack them.

There’s also the issue of the Essendon game, which made Bolton’s position untenable.

Come on Harks, the president (any president) is not going to say the coach is in trouble. They always (rightfully) give their support publicly until it’s time to sack them.

There’s also the issue of the Essendon game, which made Bolton’s position untenable.

May I just ask this? Did you hear the interview?
You have had to have listened to the interview to have felt what I felt. It's not something that can be expressed by way of words on a football forum.
It had a pulse......although that pulse was extinguished soon after.

It will but the leopard will still have its spots.
In summary, I don't trust this club in the way it conducts itself.
We're all friends when the sun is shining. It's who we are on the bad days that counts, though.
I think that's why it's more important now than ever before that all the main players stay in their own lanes. I don't have an issue with employees being let go as long as due process is followed.

The only way to limit the influence of 'power brokers' is to follow reputable business practices. That may well take some time to establish and it will require strong, ethical leadership from the new crop of head honchos.

May I just ask this? Did you hear the interview?
You have had to have listened to the interview to have felt what I felt. It's not something that can be expressed by way of words on a football forum.
It had a pulse......although that pulse was extinguished soon after.

Can’t remember if I heard the interview or not. But even if his support was sincere, and he had the intention for Bolton to stay on for the year, the Essendon game made his position untenable. The players sacked him.

Can’t remember if I heard the interview or not. But even if his support was sincere, and he had the intention for Bolton to stay on for the year, the Essendon game made his position untenable. The players sacked him.

I think you may not have taken it all in context.
Carlton lost to GWS by 93 points just the week before the Saints game, but we were all still 'united' according to the boss.

The boss relented and as I said at the time should have tied himself to Bolton and left at years end....but no....the boss insisted on sitting on the panel to select the next coach. I can only see what I see in this situation and some may see it as a 'fair enough'. I cannot see this in the same way. It's just not right.

I think that's why it's more important now than ever before that all the main players stay in their own lanes. I don't have an issue with employees being let go as long as due process is followed.

The only way to limit the influence of 'power brokers' is to follow reputable business practices. That may well take some time to establish and it will require strong, ethical leadership from the new crop of head honchos.

This is the CFC version of the Autobahn.
When you're not loved you're confined to the left lanes and when you're shiny, new and fresh, you can drive at any speed you want. :)

There's a map to these sorts of situations and when one opens that map and considers history, it's easier to see where one may end up.

Part of the reason I was advocating for a change of leadership of the playing group for so long.

The tail should not wag the dog, has been for too many years at our club. Players that have seen off multiple coaches they couldn’t work with, or perform for, should be very concerned for their future prospects at the club. Unfortunately we have simply jumped on the same merry-go-round and hoped a change of coach will fix all the problems with the playing group. Seen dead cat bounce after dead cat bounce.

Can forgive one coach who you just cannot get along with, several leads to questions about the common denominator in all the coach sackings.

I think you may not have taken it all in context.
Carlton lost to GWS by 93 points just the week before the Saints game, but we were all still 'united' according to the boss.

The boss relented and as I said at the time should have tied himself to Bolton and left at years end....but no....the boss insisted on sitting on the panel to select the next coach. I can only see what I see in this situation and some may see it as a 'fair enough'. I cannot see this in the same way. It's just not right.

???
The Giants loss was 2 weeks earlier. It was not the coach-killer game. The scum game was though.

The notion that a president should tie their tenure to a failed coach seems utterly absurd.

Part of the reason I was advocating for a change of leadership of the playing group for so long.

The tail should not wag the dog, has been for too many years at our club. Players that have seen off multiple coaches they couldn’t work with, or perform for, should be very concerned for their future prospects at the club. Unfortunately we have simply jumped on the same merry-go-round and hoped a change of coach will fix all the problems with the playing group. Seen dead cat bounce after dead cat bounce.

Can forgive one coach who you just cannot get along with, several leads to questions about the common denominator in all the coach sackings.

I mean, advocate for Cripps’ sacking all you want. I don’t think you’ll get a lot of support.

heart transplants, leopards and spots, sun shining, now autobahns..........the jumbled imagery is as confusing as the lack of any clear conclusion - I get pilloried for my irrelevant brevity but at least my rubbish can be consumed in a few seconds.....this stuff is incoherent rambling under the guise of argument

(Log in to remove this ad.)

???
The Giants loss was 2 weeks earlier. It was not the coach-killer game. The scum game was though.
The notion that a president should tie their tenure to a failed coach seems utterly absurd.

Absurd? Not absurd to me as the President is completely out of step with proceedings.

Why is this hard to understand? We have a incompetent steering the ship and an iceberg isn't far away.

heart transplants, leopards and spots, sun shining, now autobahns..........the jumbled imagery is as confusing as the lack of any clear conclusion - I get pilloried for my irrelevant brevity but at least my rubbish can be consumed in a few seconds.....this stuff is incoherent rambling under the guise of argument

Just leave it at that maestero.
You never have anything to say and maybe best to leave it that way.

Back to the buffoonery for you....and by the way...you have me on ignore. Remember?

go hard harks, no-one understands anything you're trying to get at - ever consider you're just not cut out to present a cogent argument? is that a little too hard to hear?

Am I on ignore or not? Did you lie again?

Just go away and do what you do best and leave the bullying out of things. Mods...clean this crap up please.

I mean, advocate for Cripps’ sacking all you want. I don’t think you’ll get a lot of support.
Was advocating, not now

just saying what loads of people think - your incessant obfuscation and chasing "no-one cares but you" issues down blind allies is so utterly boring, you need to be notified - every now and then I take a look at your latest bucket of rambling toss and decide you need to be called out on it - why don't you go write some science fiction where your weird style of obtuse thinking will be appreciated? do us all a favour, champion.........

Absurd? Not absurd to me as the President is completely out of step with proceedings.

Why is this hard to understand? We have a incompetent steering the ship and an iceberg isn't far away.
give you a clue........

Is the iceberg player or off field related?

just saying what loads of people think - your incessant obfuscation and chasing "no-one cares but you" issues down blind allies is so utterly boring, you need to be notified - every now and then I take a look at your latest bucket of rambling toss and decide you need to be called out on it - why don't you go write some science fiction where your weird style of obtuse thinking will be appreciated? do us all a favour, champion.........

Champion? We're rolling out the black-belt now aren't we?

You have me on ignore. You proudly said as such, so what's your problem and why are you replying to me.
Still trying to make good for everyone else, but upon your terms? Silly boy.

This I do not agree with as I have stated many times.

Membership is up.

Attended games are up.

List is up.

Losses on paper are down

PP is getting added to ....

Not sure I follow you on the whole iceburg thingie.

This I do not agree with as I have stated many times.

Membership is up.

Attended games are up.

List is up.

Losses on paper are down

PP is getting added to ....

Not sure I follow you on the whole iceburg thingie.
just throw various images and a few words together and voila - you're relevant!

This I do not agree with as I have sted many times.
Membership is up.
Attended games are up.
List is up.

I'm not sure what we're talking about now?
There are good things happening at our club, but also some of the same disunity.

I've said what I've said about our President many times over and he will be stepping down....but somehow he just wants one more year. Jusyt can't let go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back