What grinds your gears - partner edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Related, my wife has a bad habit and proclaiming; "RIGHT, LETS GO!". 30-40 mins later she is still in the bathroom putting on her make-up...

Also, when we are attending functions, I deliberately tell her it commences 30-45 mins mins before the actual advertised start otherwise we are simply no chance of getting there on time....

So what to do all you plate people do if u eat at the actual restaurant? No plates there.

Um wtf. I'll eat my entire plate if i want to, ill leave food on the plate if i get full prior. Its not rocket science and its not vanity.

If at a restaurant tho and the serving is too big (hello United States) i shall take it home in a doggy bag.

Okay, have just confirmed, I didn't make it up. It's definitely a thing (google "never finish your plate"), although in some countries the opposite can be taken as an insult. The first time I read something along those lines it was like an interview with someone like J-Lo and that was her diet advice: never eat until you're full.

Okay, have just confirmed, I didn't make it up. It's definitely a thing (google "never finish your plate"), although in some countries the opposite can be taken as an insult. The first time I read something along those lines it was like an interview with someone like J-Lo and that was her diet advice: never eat until you're full.

Pfft J-Lo can eat my ass.

/Altho id love to... nah better not finish that sentence.

I'm a minimalist, he's a hoarder.

Eating. I cant have silence when there's eating going on. It's not just my wife, I hate the sound of anyone eating if there's no background noise. Mrs still hasn't worked out why I put the TV on at lunch time then turn it off after lunch.

I hate watching people eat too. It's really quite disgusting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah that was never me. I'd be sitting in the fking car, waiting for him. Every. time.

I've the opposite issue, my wife waiting for me, ever, during 28 years of marriage, let me think, nup, never happened.

I did dream one night a while back that she was detained by police over a minor incident and was forced to wait for me - but no matter how hard I try, I can't get that dream on repeat....

my wife will wrap a present or write in a birthday card, 2 mins before we are supposed to leave, even though she brought it a week ago

Same here mate, what about you're half way across town, running late to a function (as usual) and she suddenly declares she left something in the oven..?

One time this happened and I was so pi**ed off, I said to her; "I don't give a rats, the house is insured!"

So what to do all you plate people do if u eat at the actual restaurant? No plates there.

I honestly used to ask for a bag and then sat down at a table, but haven't sat down to eat at Macca's in quite a while. Wouldn't have an issue with someone putting it all on a plate though. I feel like sometimes I put my Subway on a plate if I bring it home and I feel like I always put KFC, Red Rooster, Schnitz etc. on a plate. Just force of habit I guess, doesn't seem very logical.

Same here mate, what about you're half way across town, running late to a function (as usual) and she suddenly declares she left something in the oven..?

One time this happened and I was so pi**ed off, I said to her; "I don't give a rats, the house is insured!"

i get the did you turn the stove off, after telling her numourous times its off, she will still worry about it

i get the did you turn the stove off, after telling her numourous times its off, she will still worry about it

What you do then is towards the end of the night, you find a related media article of a house fire with photos etc and has you hand over your ipad or phone to her you say, "gee, sorry love, I was 120% sure I turned off the stove...!!!"

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back