Training 2020 Pre Season Training

Remove this Banner Ad

Bugger that’s annoying news on McHenry

Seems like the kind of person that would struggle to take it easy and let his body heal. Perhaps he's been overdoing it?

McHenry might become a good player one day but always thought we wasted such a high pick on him especially after taking Jones already as smallish mid.
After seeing Ned play early in season could see how his very small frame wasn't going to handle the aggressive physical way played against bigger bodied SANFL players.
Also hold hopes for McPherson but a real worry that can't get body right as another high pick we cant afford to get wrong .
Although Bicks and I disagree on the McHenry pick I do agree with him that we must pick at least one KPP player of quality in draft .
Not having real knowledge of draftees I do get impression that there are no standouts for pick 4 with a list of players that could be taken there and my thoughts are that if we could move our 4 an get two 1st round picks with a trade that would give us a great chance to get a quality KPP and mid with something special.

McHenry might become a good player one day but always thought we wasted such a high pick on him especially after taking Jones already as smallish mid.
After seeing Ned play early in season could see how his very small frame wasn't going to handle the aggressive physical way played against bigger bodied SANFL players.
Also hold hopes for McPherson but a real worry that can't get body right as another high pick we cant afford to get wrong .
Although Bicks and I disagree on the McHenry pick I do agree with him that we must pick at least one KPP player of quality in draft .
Not having real knowledge of draftees I do get impression that there are no standouts for pick 4 with a list of players that could be taken there and my thoughts are that if we could move our 4 an get two 1st round picks with a trade that would give us a great chance to get a quality KPP and mid with something special.
I saw plenty of Ned last season. Your first paragraph is simply untrue.

Remember the comment made by Nicks re Needing to Hold some of the players back from overtraining, then go back and remember that McHenry was bored one day and went on a 40km plus run.
I would say McHenry is one of those Kids you hold back.

For all the discussion of Ned being on a modified program above, wasn't he leading the fastest running group on Thursday?
Would have thought that he's not too bad if they are pairing him with the fittest runners on the first day of pre-season?
Might be more to do with having him a modified program to build up certain muscle groups to help his back or avoid full contact tackle drills until early next year.
1574001400670.png

I think the group mentioned to be on modified programs is simply because of their injuries in the 2019 season. Likely the club has noticed a recurring pattern for the 3 - Ned, McPherson and McAdam. So the modified programs are to focus on prevention of similar injuries for next year and beyond.

If though the 3 above are only doing light drills, then most likely they are still recovering from injuries.

I think the group mentioned to be on modified programs is simply because of their injuries in the 2019 season. Likely the club has noticed a recurring pattern for the 3 - Ned, McPherson and McAdam. So the modified programs are to focus on prevention of similar injuries for next year and beyond.

If though the 3 above are only doing light drills, then most likely they are still recovering from injuries.
Agree. If I trusted the footy club then I would assume a modified program is a modified program.

Because they burnt all remaining trust with the Riley Knight “soreness” lie, I will assume a modified program means light duties, in rehabilitation, in hospital etc.

He's not known for the most rational of posts
Great throw away line Stone but based on what history as one of most conservative on here with occasional post on my opinion.
Peter J, I certainly accept your point of view but please understand think and hope Ned going to be great player for us but said after draft with such a high picks surprised and disappointed picked 2 smalls in super draft.
Then seeing him for 2nd time live at Elizabeth said to mate that with his small frame going to get hurt way attacking body and ball.
Which happened but just hope both him and McPherson adapt to demands of AFL training and games as we need these high picks playing to gain the success we all want in near future.

Only reported neck soreness and concussion symptoms from the rear ender he was involved in, was passed fit to play the next week by the medicos but the club didn't play him as a precautionary measure considering he'd suffered a concussion the week before in the SANFL. The back injury came after that when he was involved in a tackling drill at training.

He's also had foot problems, but the club hasn't reported that. That was from his own mouth when he was chatting with ROB about it at a SANFL game.

For all the discussion of Ned being on a modified program above, wasn't he leading the fastest running group on Thursday?
Would have thought that he's not too bad if they are pairing him with the fittest runners on the first day of pre-season?
Might be more to do with having him a modified program to build up certain muscle groups to help his back or avoid full contact tackle drills until early next year.
View attachment 780619
Isn't that Mathews be hind Ned his height seams all right he would be Quicker than 80% of the Side

(Log in to remove this ad.)

just read on the main trading board that Dougal Howard was lapped in his time trial with his new club..ugly if true
400m track. Maybe around a minute slower than the fastest guys over 3k? Not a big deal really.

Had a poor preseason due to groins last year was the word from Stiffy. Hard to get excited about him now given we’re at least a couple of years away and he’ll not be around.
Depends when you'd ask that question. Carlton days he was someone you could see playing until his mid 30s when he transitions to a HBF yet that's looked less likely with us. Hopefully he can return to more of the player he was at Carlton for us next year.

Depends when you'd ask that question. Carlton days he was someone you could see playing until his mid 30s when he transitions to a HBF yet that's looked less likely with us. Hopefully he can return to more of the player he was at Carlton for us next year.
If I'd have said 3 years ago you would say that in 3 years time, would you have believed me?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back