Preview 2019 Goodbye (To 2020) New; Preseason Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Meanwhile back at the captains lair.........

Moguls-Web-19-7-15-1-2.jpg

WORK LIFE BALANCE YYYEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_1406-e1540842327835.jpg

Another reason our club is currently mediocre - from the draft 5 years ago we have NO PLAYERS ON THE LIST:

2014 NAB AFL Draft: Dougal Howard (pick No.56), Logan Austin (69), Jesse Palmer (78), Billy Frampton (84).

2015 AFL Pre-Season and Rookie Drafts: Nathan Krakouer (rookie draft, pick No.16), Tom Logan (34), Johann Wagner (51).

Rookie upgrades: Kane Mitchell

Trade and free agency: Paddy Ryder

Another reason our club is currently mediocre - from the draft 5 years ago we have NO PLAYERS ON THE LIST:

Just add it to the list alongside the 2007 draft, the 2009 draft and the 2011 draft.

In fact, from the 8 drafts from 2007-2014 inclusive, we now only have 6 players on our list - Hartlett, Jonas, Wines, Clurey, Byrne-Jones, Amon. This is the group of players who would now be in the 23-30 age group - ie, the core of the team.

That 2014 draft crop has got a lot of talent in it, should have had a few 10 year players there.

The rookie draft that year however was a big gamble. Krak getting another chance, Logan just being there to look after the reserves players and a gameshow winner.

I mean, we drafted Howard with pick 56 and now we've just traded him + change for pick 18. While I personally would've much rather have just kept him, from a pure transactional perspective you definitely can't knock the Howard selection as a 'bad' draft pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean, we drafted Howard with pick 56 and now we've just traded him + change for pick 18. While I personally would've much rather have just kept him, from a pure transactional perspective you definitely can't knock the Howard selection as a 'bad' draft pick.

Agreed and I don't think Austin is or was a wasted pick either. Potentially Frampton as well. Obviously it's disappointing none will reach their potential at the club, but from a talent idnetification perspective, from the draft hand we had that's not a bad set.

2014 NAB AFL Draft: Dougal Howard (pick No.56), Logan Austin (69), Jesse Palmer (78), Billy Frampton (84).

2015 AFL Pre-Season and Rookie Drafts: Nathan Krakouer (rookie draft, pick No.16), Tom Logan (34), Johann Wagner (51).

Rookie upgrades: Kane Mitchell

Trade and free agency: Paddy Ryder

At least when this leads to a gaping hole in the list in 2022-2023, we won’t hear retconned garbage about expansion drafts from certain apologists.

FWIW - Doesn’t make my point any less valid.

I agree with your point, I bet we don't see much of KH promoting the 2020 season. No cut through. Might be time to put some more effort into Monty and Schoey as front men or even Voss who is a polished media performer.

However, it is still a bit odd to use a tweet from 2 weeks ago to ask where is Ken today.

I agree with your point, I bet we don't see much of KH promoting the 2020 season. No cut through. Might be time to put some more effort into Monty and Schoey as front men or even Voss who is a polished media performer.

However, it is still a bit odd to use a tweet from 2 weeks ago to ask where is Ken today.

We might see him in a deck chair soon no doubt!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back