The official Adelaide Crows BF board "NFL chat thread to help US supporters through the wee hours"

Remove this Banner Ad

Having a look at your schedule you still are a chance to finish in a wildcard spot if and it is a big one, if you could show consistency.

Not sure...obviously I posted the one you quoted mere seconds prior to the brawl. I would have said yes, we are a chance at that moment.

Losing Garrett isn't great...and it will be hard to say right now if the team rallies around itself and pulls together or just goes completely off the rails now.

Should out talent Miami and get the win next Sunday....then its round 2 versus you know who. Win both and get to 6-6....well then we can seriously consider it.

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not sure...obviously I posted the one you quoted mere seconds prior to the brawl. I would have said yes, we are a chance at that moment.

Losing Garrett isn't great...and it will be hard to say right now if the team rallies around itself and pulls together or just goes completely off the rails now.

Should out talent Miami and get the win next Sunday....then its round 2 versus you know who. Win both and get to 6-6....well then we can seriously consider it.

Plus two games against the Bengals and with Cardinals at home - the next two weeks will be season defining tho.

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
The NFL have quickly handed out punishment for the main culprits in #helmetgate.

Garrett is suspended indefinitely (minimum remainder of the season)

Pouncey got 3 matches

Ogunjobi got 1 match

Both teams also fined $250,000 (though that would be pocket change for both clubs surely).

More penalties to come.

careful who you start charging with assault

cause then they both get charged—kicking a guy in the nuts and physically twisting a mans head can be and often are criminal charges

but that doesn’t fit your narrative does it

You're genuinely demented.

They're not even remotely comparable.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I don't know if you're taking the piss or not calling that a 'legit tackle'. The tackle that started the entire process was an obvious cheap shot, well after the ball was thrown in a dead game.

Garrett should be criminally charged, and given banned for next season as well as a minimum.
Oh spare me, Garrett was kicked in the head on the ground. He was also kicked in the groin.

Those are grounds for criminal charges as much as anything Garrett did.

If that's how you react to a late tackle in a dead game I'd be surprised.

The 'kick to the groin' is a fabrication.

The kick to the head was ugly, and could potentially be criminal, but the guy was ******* helmeted. Comparing that to using a weapon to hit a guy in his head whilst it's unprotected is asinine.

People who do not think that a reaction comes to late hits on unprotected quarterbacks late in already decided simply do not understand the sport.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
The 'kick to the groin' is a fabrication.

The kick to the head was ugly, and could potentially be criminal, but the guy was ******* helmeted. Comparing that to using a weapon to hit a guy in his head whilst it's unprotected is asinine.

People who do not think that a reaction comes to late hits on unprotected quarterbacks late in already decided simply do not understand the sport.
Oh no doubt you'd get a reaction, as you do in any sport. That reaction though was very OTT. Regardless of whether he had a helmet you simply don't kick someone in the head, that act is as bad as whackinh someone with said helmet.

Barrett deserves his ban too though. His actions were childish at best, downright dangerous at worst.

Contextually, I think Pouncey's reaction is understandable. O-linemen's entire role is to protect the quarterback. They're geared up for that, and can't be any other way. In that context seeing your quarterback get struck in an unprotected head with a weapon is likely to evoke a response.

You'll find that his team mates all love him for it- Garretts? Not so much.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Contextually, I think Pouncey's reaction is understandable. O-linemen's entire role is to protect the quarterback. They're geared up for that, and can't be any other way. In that context seeing your quarterback get struck in an unprotected head with a weapon is likely to evoke a response.

I get that in a game sense, but you've gotta think with a clearer head after the play has ended. Easier said than done of course, o mean I'd react in a similar fashion if someone kicked me in the head, however you're right in saying if someone comes at you with a weapon you'd do the same.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sure you do...;)

sure you do...;)

You really really need to try to re-establish a grip on reality.

Like what's the suggestion? I've got some anti browns pro steelers bias?

I'm a Philly fan, we don't have love for the Steelers, and everyone would prefer the underdogs to the perennial champions. It's just that we can't really enjoy that angle because one of your players behaved like an absolute scumbag, and for some weird reason Browns fans are unable to truly accept it.

Considering your username, I never thought I would see you mention that horrible human being's name.
Horrible individual. Talented football player. But absolutely morally bankrupt person.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona

Four TD passes too. He just outdoes himself every week. I've never seen anyone this talented.

We played well against the Ravens earlier in the season but couldn't lay a fingernail on him when he ran with it. Was dazzling. Took the game away from us

Remove this Banner Ad

Back