What if history scenarios

Remove this Banner Ad

Borders would stop you driving around freely like we can on our great southern land and we would be closer to more crazy people.
The fact we so isolated from world for most part has been a blessing.

What if Earth was all 1 supercontinent.

Be pretty cool to be able to literally drive anywhere in the world.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app
Except for Australia, Antarctica and numerous islands due to the extent of the arctic ice pack at times you could provided you had the right vehicle, although you're not likely to be able to continue to do so going forward.

What if dinosaurs never went extinct?

Would humans have evolved?

Would we have wiped out species like we have or would we be the extinct?

I thought the death of the dinos was as part of what allowed mammals to evolve past basically scavenging rats that had to keep out of there way most of the time.

Surely no coastline, no water, all desert, no oil, no driving anywhere.
Well it would be one large mass but that won’t cover the whole earth. There would still be coastline.

B55FA761-3DFA-413D-97BB-846AAA0D52A7.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lazare Hoche’s Ireland Expedition of 1796 making a successful landing at Bantry Bay. With 15,000 troops he would have been able to occupy most of the island quickly and with assistance from the United Irishmen potentially succeeded in liberating Ireland from British control.

Lazare Hoche’s Ireland Expedition of 1796 making a successful landing at Bantry Bay. With 15,000 troops he would have been able to occupy most of the island quickly and with assistance from the United Irishmen potentially succeeded in liberating Ireland from British control.
Of course, they would have re-grouped and come back again if Hornblower had not helped Ned Pellew sink Les Droits de L'Homme

What if that asteroid due to come close to Earth in 2027 does start heading our way?

Would it be possible for countries to work together and develop ways to blow up/divert it together?

Instead of spending trillions on military the world would need to spend zillions on something that we could all fight against.

What if that asteroid due to come close to Earth in 2027 does start heading our way?

Would it be possible for countries to work together and develop ways to blow up/divert it together?

Instead of spending trillions on military the world would need to spend zillions on something that we could all fight against.

In theory, I think the entire world dedicating its scientists and engineers to stop an asteroid seems very possible. When nations heavily invest in tech (usually in war,) we can make great advancements in a short amount of time. In a united world, 7 years would be enough time to do something.

Realistically, cue "FAKE NEWS, NASA LIES BEING FUNDED BY BIG ASTEROID INC. AND THE GLOBALISTS." We'd never have the political will to do anything about it until it's too late (see climate change)

Ok so humans wouldnt have evolved.

Would dinosaurs have evolved into English speaking beasts?

Possibly. Thylacine is a good example of convergence, in that it resembles an apex canine despite being a marsupial, filling an available niche through evolutionary opportunity. Reptiles might possibly have evolved in that general direction, at least as far as their taxonomic class difference allowed them (obviously far wider than with the thylacine).

Do you mean Apophis? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/99942_Apophis

On April 13, 2029, Apophis will pass Earth closer than geosynchronous communication satellites, but will come no closer than 31,200 kilometres (19,400 mi) above Earth's surface.

Yeah that one. But apparently theres a chance it get get deflected into our path by other asteroids hitting it.

Orbital paths are never exact because there are always factors beyond what can reasonably be calculated.

Given it's predicted to come so close, and is still over 9 years away, then yes, it would only take a small adjustment to make it crash into earth.

That said, it could just as easily move further away.

I dare say they're watching it pretty closely though.

Do you mean Apophis? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/99942_Apophis

On April 13, 2029, Apophis will pass Earth closer than geosynchronous communication satellites, but will come no closer than 31,200 kilometres (19,400 mi) above Earth's surface.

Inspired by this...

On 31 December, 1914, Asteroid (152680) 1998 KJ9 which is about ~500m in diameter came within 232,000km of hitting earth.

WW1 was raging, and while politicians on both sides still though they could win, the troops had just defied orders and had a Christmas truce on the western front.

Obviously the 'where' would be a big issue, but as a 'what if'...Imagine it hit.

Often heard it said that if the Irish had kept the Protestants onside (not made it a religious thing) they would have been independent around that time.

Often heard it said that if the Irish had kept the Protestants onside (not made it a religious thing) they would have been independent around that time.
By Who? Based on What? Where the Melbourne club smoking room? Sounds terribly facetious.

Popular belief and rumours and myths of history are often wrong. I cannot see Britian granting Irish independence in 1800.

the largely Catholic population paying tithe to a mainly absent foreign protestant church surly did not help.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back