Not open for further replies.

jack 23

All Australian
Apr 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
yall ready for 2020?

A new thread has been started.

General consensus is that Dance Monkey will win, with Bad Guy looming as second favourite. A banger would have to drop within the month to challenge either of these for the title. Flume, Amy Shark, Tame Impala and Denzel Curry are the next favorites but without looking too threatening/likely.

This thread is more directed towards the betting side of the event, with most of the followers doing pretty well the last few years, and previous threads are still on this forum.

Most major bookies have released an outright win market which is usually followed by a Top 10, Top 5, Top 3 and in the week leading up to the event a surge of of Request-a-Bet markets. Two years ago these were ridiculously priced (before bookies were clued on to the warmest100 and warm tunas, etc.) with markets at $100-1 which should have been single digit odds, being hit by us.

2019 the odds provided were extremely stringent, but most on the forum did well to find a few value bets as they slipped through and made good profits, with a bit of luck too. Most of us now find ourselves severely capped on betting limits for these novelty events.

2020 Hottest 100 Outright Market movement over the last couple months :

Neds 2nd October
Dance Monkey $2.50
Bad Guy $3.50

Neds 14 October
Dance Monkey $2.25
Bad Guy $3.25

Neds 4th November
Dance Monkey $2.25
Bad Guy $3.25

Neds 7th November
Dance Monkey $1.90
Bad Guy $3.50

Neds 21st November
Dance Monkey $1.60
Bad Guy $3.50 ($4.00 Sportsbet)

A few takeaways from last year from me:

- Beware the internationals
- Not even the best/ most accurate vote count was close with the top 5.
- In the last 24hrs the top 3 seemed leaky but the final order of the top 3 was well kept (from a betting and odds perspective)

My moneys on Bad Guy to win but we'll have a better idea when betting opens. Goodluck!

Last edited:
Seems sportsbet only have odds for winning Artist this year.. did they get reemed to much last year ?

Should probably start a new thread soon.

Hopefully we can get them to at least put some top 10 markets up early. Pretty sure Dance Monkey is going to win, so not a lot of value there. Neds had it up between $6-$11 briefly a few months ago, was fortunate to get a little on. I suspect we'll see two songs from Tones and I, billie eolith and Flume in the top 10, as well as the Denzel Curry LAV. Lots of contenders for the other spots though.

Markets could be a little tighter this year if they caught on there was a bit of a leak happening.

Odds have been up for most of the year for winning artist.

Put a little on Fidlar back in April, not confident at all now.

Always liked Dance Monkey, didn’t think it’d become such a huge hit, so missed the boat.

Should probably start a new thread soon.

Hopefully we can get them to at least put some top 10 markets up early. Pretty sure Dance Monkey is going to win, so not a lot of value there. Neds had it up between $6-$11 briefly a few months ago, was fortunate to get a little on. I suspect we'll see two songs from Tones and I, billie eolith and Flume in the top 10, as well as the Denzel Curry LAV. Lots of contenders for the other spots though.

Markets could be a little tighter this year if they caught on there was a bit of a leak happening.

What songs for Billie qualify?

I guess Billie has the multiple songs could take votes off each other factor as well but Bad Guy could be a chance to take it out given Tones and I voters could be split between a few songs. I think the public like Tones and I songs more evenly but Bad Guy is much more popular than Billies other songs.

I'm hoping bad guy wins for its value but too early to know.

Looks like bad guy or dance monkey win unless a pearler of a song drops in the next 3 weeks

If Denzel Curry did the LAV in November instead of earlier in the year it would go really close. The hype was massive when that thing dropped, i think it's definite top 5, if not top 3

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As Tones and I sees her smash single “Dance Monkey” continue to climb on charts all around the world (and hold onto the top spot in nations like the U.K., where the cut even beat the new Dua Lipa track to the top), she makes history in her home country with the song that has made her a household name.

“Dance Monkey” is steady at No. 1 once again, earning its fifteenth stay in the penthouse on the ranking of the most popular songs in Australia. With 15 frames in charge, the poppy tune ties the record for the most weeks at the top in the country’s history.

The only other title that has managed to rule for 15 weeks in Australian history is Ed Sheeran’s “Shape of You,” which completed its historic run at the top in 2017.

Last week, Tones and I’s “Dance Monkey” joined ABBA’s “Fernando” in sharing the second-place spot on the list of the songs with the most frames in charge of the important ranking.

Today In: Business
While Tones and I may currently be tied with Ed Sheeran for the single with the most weeks at No. 1 down under, the former’s title is actually the longest-running leader when looking solely at uninterrupted rules. During its heyday, Sheeran’s “Shape of You” occupied the highest rung for 13 frames, stepped aside, and then returned to the summit for another pair of weeks. All 15 weeks at No. 1 for “Dance Monkey” have been in a row.

It looks like Tones and I may be ready to rewrite the record books next week with her breakout track, as it stands a good chance at earning a sixteenth stay at No. 1. Currently, the song’s biggest competition remains Post Malone’s “Circles,” which has now been stuck in second place for quite some time, unable to beat the hometown favorite back, and there doesn’t appear to be any reason why it should surge in the next few days.

would any of you actually vote for that song though? I cant stand it dont think Ive ever listened to it in full.

Saw a tweet from someone saying the AFL pre game entertainment made them depressed, thought it was funny.

DMA silver a darkhorse as a filler vote.

Might be a year for top 10 and top 5 betting rather than outright winner.

Notice Billie Eillish drifted out to $4.50 on sportsbet

That Dance Monkey song is a testament to how bad music has gotten. Absolute trash tier rubbish being churned out and somehow people/sheep like it...

Theres always been bad music, don't think it's gotten worse? Or you're just getting older and remembering the good old days in your own mind/opinion. I'm 35 and by god there was some horrendous shite doing the rounds when i was growing up... no worse or better then whats on offer today.

There's always been bad music, don't think it's gotten worse? Or you're just getting older and remembering the good old days in your own mind/opinion. I'm 35 and by god, there was some horrendous shite doing the rounds when I was growing up... no worse or better then what's on offer today.
You're probably right regarding music getting 'worse'. What's different about music now and 30 years ago is 20+ years from now people will still be listening to stuff from the '80s. No one alive will remember what Dance Monkey was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back