Traded Brisbane trade #16, #52, #55, and #72 to Port Adelaide for #29, #71 and 2020 R1 Pick

Remove this Banner Ad

there is a hard core of negative posters on the port board, who have a weird obsession with running the club down. Basically they flood the threads with repeats of the same message. Eg. one of them is just about to rank up 1000 posts saying repeatedly that ken hinkley should not be coach. So there you are......

Yes, the Port board is monotonous.

But hinkley shouldn't have been given an extension

How would this effect the trade ?? Brisbane have not given up a pick next year

Haha, because I'm an idiot, and somehow confused myself.

Yeah, Brisbane can't lose unless Port have a ripper of a year. Which won't happen.

Last edited:
Feel Brisbane rated next years draft higher than this year not sure how compomised next years draft is
Port probably the big winners have 3 picks in before Meade bid meaning they have 4 top quantity kids over
Pick 21 as our first pick this year in a poor draft

They have 3 first rounders because they’ve lost so many decent footballers recently. Brisbane don’t have early picks because they’ve been bringing in guns like Neale, Lyons, Cameron, etc.

I know who I’d rather be.

Personally i dont think they will and will have 3 good kids they have their eyes on possibly
#12 - Fisher McAsey
#16 - Will Day
#18 - Will Gould / Josh Worrell

McAsey would need to be taken at #12 if he gets past Hawks
Sure as anything, Gold Coast Will draft Will Day.

Day is a confirmed Suns fan, mainly because his cousin already plays for the Suns. Suns need to draft a future back flanker/wing with Harbrow and Hanley the wrong side of 30.

And GC love their SA kids, with something like 14 already on their list.

So port has 32 players on the senior list. And a commitment to upgrade 2 from the rookie list with late picks.

So that means they can take 6 live picks into the draft?

Sorry I didn’t reply earlier mate, I think this is the case. 6 live picks but only intending to use 4. Potential to trade up using others or bump them into next year.

Sorry I didn’t reply earlier mate, I think this is the case. 6 live picks but only intending to use 4. Potential to trade up using others or bump them into next year.

So if that’s right, then port need to trade out 67, 68 and 72 prior to the draft or else they just give them up? Or lose 3 of their 9 2019 picks some other way via trade.

Day is a confirmed Suns fan, mainly because his cousin already plays for the Suns. Suns need to draft a future back flanker/wing with Harbrow and Hanley the wrong side of 30.

Hmm and if Port decide #12 Will day ?

Yes, the Port board is monotonous.

But hinkley shouldn't have been given an extension

Haha, because I'm an idiot, and somehow confused myself.

Yeah, Brisbane can't lose unless Port have a ripper of a year. Which won't happen.
I think the trade is ok, unless Port are bottom 4.

Next years draft is weak and compromised.

Wow Port supporters having a lower expectation for 2020 than the neutrals

I was thinking you guys would be knocking on the door of finals but clearly you dont see it this way
I’m sure we will be, right up until the last few weeks when they lose games they shouldn’t and inevitably finish 10th. That’s what Hinkley does.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I
Personally i see it this way

#16 this year is worth #12 next year and see port finishing on the fringes of the final 8 so port have brought foward their pick by 1 year
I like it but why would brisbane do this ?

Brisbane now have #21,#29,#34,#48 = 2375 points

They are either dangling for GWS #6 or freo's #10
I would offer 6,40 for 21,29, port 2020r1. If necessary, add gws 2020r2

Last edited:

totally agree that the Suns will get Day …

it isn't often a young player supports them and wants to go there …

Also i can see the Suns adding to the 10 other South Australian players in the hope of creating support for Rankine & Luko (in the hope that they will both stay)

Shouldn't this trade have been prevented as being against the rules? Port have traded in more point bearing picks than they have list spots?

not when you consider:-

1) the later picks could be used for any Mead Bid
2) Port could upgrade up to 4 rookies on their list to the main list depending on the Mead bid
(the 4 players we could upgrade are - Ladhams, Lienert, Cox & Sutcliffe)

Port to me will try and use 2 of 12/16/18 to get into the top 10 allows them someone in the top 10 as well as Gould and Mead

Port are not interested in Gould...

Gould has said that he hasn't spoken to Port Much … he has mainly spoken to the Crows & Geelong

not when you consider:-

1) the later picks could be used for any Mead Bid
2) Port could upgrade up to 4 rookies on their list to the main list depending on the Mead bid
(the 4 players we could upgrade are - Ladhams, Lienert, Cox & Sutcliffe)

I think rookie upgrades have to be nominated before the draft and their upgrades are linked to specific picks.

Wow Port supporters having a lower expectation for 2020 than the neutrals

I was thinking you guys would be knocking on the door of finals but clearly you dont see it this way

if having a lower expectation results in a change of Coach from Hinkley to the more attacking Schofield …

then go lower expectations

Remove this Banner Ad

Back