Resource 2022 NMFC Membership thread - Final Tally: 50,191

FWIW I reckon that figure (made of almost exclusively rollover members) would be pretty close to exactly on the mark of our baseline week in week out Melbourne home attendees. That's the figure we really need look at when assessing genuine revenue and attendance growth IMO

Based on the club member numbers provided, we are approx 2k ahead on this time last year.

Its amazing what you can achieve when................
- you draw a line in the sand
- you begin to choose your own direction as the NMFC
- you make tough decisions
- to double down on your core values of toughness and honesty
- to invite past players back to the club
- to get your champions to re-sign against big money offers
- and embrace the Shinboner spirit
- to create a culture, an expectation a new standard
- a vision that fans can buy into

I'm not surprised we are heading in the right direction membership wise because that's how I feel so I imagine others have their own feelings as well.

Plenty of work to do;
- to get the membership team humming
- get a great cafe onsite:)
- to get our 4 fu&%ing games back!

But its a good start!

FWIW I reckon that figure (made of almost exclusively rollover members) would be pretty close to exactly on the mark of our baseline week in week out Melbourne home attendees. That's the figure we really need look at when assessing genuine revenue and attendance growth IMO

Sounds about right - need to get it to 40K roll-over

Sounds about right - need to get it to 40K roll-over

Long term sure. I think though if we can build over the next decade to around the 30k mark week in week out as a minimum home attendance number that'll be great. Will mean big games people need reserved seating and will also mean genuine non-Tasmania propped home viability.

Oct 4, 2006
The hood
AFL Club
North Melbourne
In what way?

Well, I’m as passionate a north fan as they come, and whilst I will buy a membership closer to the start of the season as I have for the last 28 years, I have canceled mine as a protest to the way the club has been run.

And from reading pages around here there are a largish amount that have done the same.

So i thought that might have been a trend and reflective in the overall number.

New coach
New assistants
New CEO
New GM
New list manger pending...
The club has been turned upside down
I think most people , me included are optimistic and bullish
There’s no guarantees but at least dramatic changes were made
I don’t understand the angst

What else do people expect the club to do?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Well, I’m as passionate a north fan as they come, and whilst I will buy a membership closer to the start of the season as I have for the last 28 years, I have canceled mine as a protest to the way the club has been run.

And from reading pages around here there are a largish amount that have done the same.

So i thought that might have been a trend and reflective in the overall number.
...so you gave up your chance to a Premiership seat? Maybe not next year but within the next 3/4. Like that is good for me because I won’t have to compete with you in the ballot but i truly don’t understand why you would disadvantage your position

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
New coach
New assistants
New CEO
New GM

A optimistic young list that should continue to impact and improve

New coach
New assistants
New CEO
New GM

Yeah I understand the protest point of view but I can’t help feel it’s counterproductive. The club has changed a lot, they have fixed many minor gripes. I reckon it’s time to get back on board which might allow the Tassie games to be wound back.

kelman

Club Legend
Apr 18, 2002
Arden Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
...so you gave up your chance to a Premiership seat? Maybe not next year but within the next 3/4. Like that is good for me because I won’t have to compete with you in the ballot but i truly don’t understand why you would disadvantage your position

No doubt the “protest” will quickly disappear and he will be scrambling for a ticket if we are deep in finals.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I'm sticking fat on my call.

Seat renewals were passed over, memberships scaled down from three to one, and I won't be renewing a basic membership until just prior to the season next year. I refuse to throw money at incompetence and non AFL related crap.

My blind loyalty to the club has been taken for granted and now they have to earn it.

Oct 4, 2006
The hood
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'm sticking fat on my call.

Seat renewals were passed over, memberships scaled down from three to one, and I won't be renewing a basic membership until just prior to the season next year. I refuse to throw money at incompetence and non AFL related crap.

My blind loyalty to the club has been taken for granted and now they have to earn it.

What he said

Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
Shut up and buy a membership..............
I still feel obliged to 'like' every mention of this.

In a 'back to the future' scenario, I get the feeling Ben Amarfio will up the ante here. :sternlook

Shut the * up, and buy a ******* membership. (And make me breakfast while you're at it!)

Last edited:
Back