FTA-TV Rick and Morty

Apr 10, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon
Beth said it was going to be like season one so it makes sense to have started with a few stand alone episodes but I still hope there's an Evil Morty, a Jaguar or even a Beth-left-for-Adventure not too far away.

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Beth said it was going to be like season one so it makes sense to have started with a few stand alone episodes but I still hope there's an Evil Morty, a Jaguar or even a Beth-left-for-Adventure not too far away.

This. Not feeling the new season, haven't really loved anything so far.

Was sure they'd do a reveal about Beth being a clone but makes sense they'd probably save it for later in the season.

Apr 10, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon
This. Not feeling the new season, haven't really loved anything so far.

Was sure they'd do a reveal about Beth being a clone but makes sense they'd probably save it for later in the season.

I liked the set up for episode 3 and the heist movies are ready for a bit of a pisstake with the 'art of stealing', putting the team together montages and the fakeout scenes that are replayed from a different angle. But even so that was still a lot of time watching two kids repeat 'I know I am but what are you'.

Even if Beth decided to stay I wouldn't put it past Rick to have made a clone anyway and then convinced her to go off on adventures.

Rick Sanchez - "Stealing stuff is about the stuff, not the stealing".

Am I missing something here? Rick and Morty has never really had a plot. Most of the episodes, save for 1 or 2 that link together, are pretty much standalone. For example evil Morty has been in two episodes, the Beth clone thing has only been in two episodes.

No not how they should be. Serials are better.
Not in a show like this. Random s**t is what makes this show great. Turning into a story driven show is what turned South Park to s**t.

Apr 10, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon
Am I missing something here? Rick and Morty has never really had a plot. Most of the episodes, save for 1 or 2 that link together, are pretty much standalone. For example evil Morty has been in two episodes, the Beth clone thing has only been in two episodes.

With only 10 episodes in a series that's still nearly half that you wouldn't call complete stand alones. If not a plot there's certainly been an expanding universe with more and more details filled in. The multiverse, Galactic Federation, Council of Ricks. Plus Rick and Morty are now much more than just two random individuals in it.

I half agree with iBeng that its as much recurring characters as it is developing plots but still I expect them to revisit the clone Beth idea, we'll see Evil Morty's next plan, get an update on the council of Ricks etc so they are plots. I like that it's not the standard cartoon where nothing changes, episodes are referenced later, characters are developing (to some extent) Morty seems a lot more knowledgeable now as he should be with what he's experienced.

Like I said after the first episode this season it suits that these have been standalone episodes and there's always details in the background for the superfans but I'll be surprised if there's not a few more direct call backs to earlier episodes coming up this season.

the_big_sav

Premiership Player
May 29, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Melbourne
i think its new rockstars on YouTube said they have referenced dark clouds coming towards the end of eps the last 2 eps so Beth/evil morty etc stories could be coming soon?

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
rick vs the federation storyline
Rick vs the citadel and the rise of evil morty storyline.
Rick and morty destroying their earth and going to a new one.
Beth and jerrys marriage struggles.
Beths ongoing mid life crisis.
Ricks desire to get szechuan sauce.

All persistent storylines throught the first couple of seasons. The show needs some recurring themes. It helps create better jokes.

Mar 26, 2012
Block 123
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, FC St. Pauli
There are persisting storylines throughout however i wouldn't say that season of Rick and Morty have had a "plot" (nor should they)

I have liked the re-occurrence of storylines, themes, characters in the show however.

I remember loving watching the Microverse episode with the subtle digs to the previous "show me what you got" episode

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
There are persisting storylines throughout however i wouldn't say that season of Rick and Morty have had a "plot" (nor should they)

I have liked the re-occurrence of storylines, themes, characters in the show however.

I remember loving watching the Microverse episode with the subtle digs to the previous "show me what you got" episode
Yes its more recurring themes then actual plots. Show hasnt really developed any new recurring themes yet nor played on old ones in the first 3 eps.

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
That was a seriously random episode. I'm starting to think the writers take even more acid than Trey Parker and Matt Stone.

Back