Crazy Tails

Premiership Player
Nov 30, 2006
Collingwood Heartland
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Is there any other teams?
Cal Twomey reckons Pick 4 to Giants (to try and get ahead of the Green bid) with Crows moving back to 6 this year and also get Giants future first.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

hhhmmm...

GWS to offer Melbourne pick 4 + next years 1st Round for pick 3...?
GWS would be trading their future first to Adelaide to get 4 in the first place. Also it seems like the Dees and GWS want the same draftee at 3/4.

It makes no sense for GWS to have done this deal before draft night when they could see if we bid on Green at 3. If we do they've essentially given away their 2020 first for the 180 point difference between pick 4 and pick 5, equivalent to pick 50.

I reckon it goes something like this for GWS' thinking...

Optimal outcome for GWS: no bid from us, we take Young, etc, they take Jackson, match for Green at 5
#2 outcome: we bid on Green, they pass and take Jackson at 4
#3 outcome: no bid from us, we take Jackson, they take Young etc, match for Green at 5

There's no way they're planning on matching for Green at 4, would make this deal insane.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Imagine being this stupid.

I didn't read the whole details of the trade. You are right, I am stupid, having said that, I can't see the Giants losing much ground in 2020, and that draft apparently isn't as good/deep as this year's (given the numerous academy picks involved) so there still is a slight risk involved for the Crows.

They would really want to nail pick 6 though in this draft.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
I didn't read the whole details of the trade. You are right, I am stupid, having said that, I can't see the Giants losing much ground in 2020, and that draft apparently isn't as good/deep as this year's (given the numerous academy picks involved) so there still is a slight risk involved for the Crows.

They would really want to nail pick 6 though in this draft.
Crows may be positioning to have a tilt at Lukosius or maybe want the draft capital to trade up for a crack at Tilthorpe next year

Lol Crows. Silly, silly Crows. Terrible move.
How is that silly for the crows. Seems to make a lot of sense. They'd all have a fair idea who the other sides are interested in. It is likely they are getting the same player at 6 as at 4.
I just hope Melbourne don't bid at 3. If they do I imagine we trade 4 for a 1st rounder from someone likely to finish down the bottom somewhere. I assume they have done due diligence and don't expect Melbourne to bid.
I have heard a few people think both clubs want Jackson. If they do want the same player, I think it is more likely Young.

Dec 2, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
When Carlton got a free first rounder in a stronger draft we were considered crazy.

Adelaide get one in an academy ridden weaker draft and are geniuses.

You didn't really get a free 1st rounder at the time of trade though, probably worked out ok in the end. This is iron clad with no moving parts.

Melbourne won't bid - perhaps a little bit of payback to GWS for not bidding on Jack Viney.

Swans seemed the most interested in Green and now GWS has leapfrogged them. Going to be a fair points deficit for GWS next year I'd imagine.

Top 5?

Rowell
Anderson
Jackson
Young
Green (matched)
I hope it goes that way.
My gut is if they are all available Giants would like Young however I think Melbourne take Young and Giants go another outside player possibly Serong or Ash.

Kreuuuzeurns

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
You didn't really get a free 1st rounder at the time of trade though, probably worked out ok in the end. This is iron clad with no moving parts.

Adelaide seem to be happy with the local lad Stephens at 7 so understandable they’d accept the extra pick even if it blows out to 20+ with GC/academy/FA or is chewed up in a bid (I believe they have a few kids tied to them).

Both sets of teams should be happy.

Back