List Mgmt. Carlton's 2019 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

We still have too many holes in our side to be using a single figure pick on a project ruckman. You do that when your side is pretty settled, we still need more players who can be best 22 in the next 2 years

Fold Coast again!!! Cal Byrnes has reportedly suggested that picks one and two are available for potential trades, together or separately. Heard this on 3AW.

Now, I am sure that Byrnes is just making a statement to keep their options open and keep potential options open. However, surely this is a tsunami of circumstances that dictate you just take best mates Rowell and Anderson to alleviate the retention issue and build a competitive team for the future. You have a great hand of young kids, a significant handout from the AFL to support that growth and a ground swell of community empathy, if not from the footy community itself. You also have improved facilities to wow these kids with and a great climate etc.

Just crazy! Surely the AFL would knock any trade on the head and give Fold Coast a clip for potential stupidity. Who is worth picks one and two in a potential trade that significantly moves the needle on their competitiveness and off field issues and would agree to go there.

This is one whereby Byrnes just drops the party line, media mask, removes the straight bat and just takes the gift horse. Don't make waves, Cal!

I wonder if SOS will be willing to deal in next years second round pick (that we effectively kept as a bonus after the failed Martin trade) and #43 to trade into this years (early) second round.
Would be mad not too if the opportunity arose, would love to get a hold of an early second rounder and hope that Kossie Pickett is still available, would love to see SOS do a Stocker type trade to get Pickett just think he has some massive upside and s**t loads of X factor to go with his manic pressure and his hard edge for someone of his stature, the best sf in the draft and a great Eddie apprentice.

Screen Shot 2019-11-19 at 2.44.14 pm.png

This in not to knock anyones rating but interesting to see just how things change from initial projections.
This is from Knightmare only 4 years ago.

'Projected best 22 players' in Hibberd, Collins, Partington, Balic and Lovell already off the books along withe several others showing not really much at all.

'Top 10 on list' has fared even worse. Out of the three players listed, one is gone and the other two have already changed clubs just trying to make good.

View attachment 781446

This in not to knock anyones rating but interesting to see just how things change from initial projections.
This is from Knightmare only 4 years ago.

'Projected best 22 players' in Hibberd, Collins, Partington, Balic and Lovell already off the books along withe several others showing not really much at all.

'Top 10 on list' has fared even worse. Out of the three players listed, one is gone and the other two have already changed clubs just trying to make good.
Partington could make a surprise comeback next week.

1. Gold Coast - Rowell
2. Gold Coast - Anderson
3. Melbourne - Jackson
4. GWS - Young
5. GWS - Green (matching bid from Sydney)
6. Sydney - Flanders
7. Adelaide - Stephens
8. Fremantle - ???
9. Melbourne - ???
10. Carlton - ???

Serong, Kemp, Ash, Robertson?

Smart trade by Adelaide, I reckon. No-brainer, for sure, extra first rounder next year to drop 2-3 spots this year in an even draft. Balances out the Stocker trade - they've swapped 19 (2018) and 9 (2019) for 6 (2019) and ~15-20 (2020).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great talent, probably one of the best in the draft, but not what we need at the moment.

If he’s there at 9 Geelong will offer ridiculous overs and we should accept.
I'd disagree, an explosive 190+ fwd/mid would compliment our existing group quite nicely.
I'd think he suits our needs moreso than any of the others touted to be available at our pick - particularly with Newnes & Martin coming into our squad.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

GWS as usual doing stupid s**t like giving up pick 15-18 to move up 2 spots. They get away with it because their list was built immaculately.

From their point of view though, moving up 2 spots means they get an extra top 5 pick.
Without the trade, they can have Green, or pick 6.
Now they have #4 + Green

GWS as usual doing stupid s**t like giving up pick 15-18 to move up 2 spots. They get away with it because their list was built immaculately.

They have a proven track record of pulling off these kind of deals though. It's really annoying how they have a surplus of draft picks so they can manufacture these type of pick swaps and keep on extending their flag windows

Heaven help us all if Gold Coast manage to use their similar treasure trove (rescue package) of picks in a very similar way to what the Giants are doing, it would be game over for the rest of the teams in the comp for a long time.

1. Gold Coast - Rowell
2. Gold Coast - Anderson
3. Melbourne - Jackson
4. GWS - Young
6. Sydney - Flanders
7. Adelaide - Stephens
8. Fremantle - ???
9. Melbourne - ???
10. Carlton - ???

Smart trade by Adelaide, I reckon. No-brainer, for sure, extra first rounder next year to drop 2-3 spots this year in an even draft. Balances out the Stocker trade - they've swapped 19 (2018) and 9 (2019) for 6 (2019) and ~15-20 (2020).

It's all pretty much been a waste of time for Adelaide. Their rationale for the initial trade was that they hadn't had a Top 5 pick ever i don't think. They were planning on and selling it as a Top 3. Now they are turning it into a Pick 7.

All they have done is basically turn a Pick 19 into a Pick 15 to 25 two years later(imo most likely 19-23ish) and in a lesser draft while moving from 9 to 7 in this even draft. It's a goodish deal for where they sit now with not much difference between 4 and 7, but it makes a mockery of their original stance.

Their sell of this will be interesting to the masses who don't know the intracacies. They were supposed to be expecting a gun Top3 player.

Guess Young Reid didn't have the confidence to back himself and follow thru on a Top pick.

I'd disagree, an explosive 190+ fwd/mid would compliment our existing group quite nicely.
I'd think he suits our needs moreso than any of the others touted to be available at our pick - particularly with Newnes & Martin coming into our squad.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I feel we are already too tall with Harry, Charlie, Gov, SOS up forward and Cripps, Setters, Kennedy and even Dow through the middle.

IMO we are short one Prestia/Neale/Treloar type smaller accumulator and that to me is Robertson, who is seemingly ready made and hard as nails. Stephens also works but is rising by the day.

If not, then make the most of Geelong’s situation and split the picks heavily in our favour. Plenty of pace in the 15-25 group.

It's all pretty much been a waste of time for Adelaide. Their rationale for the initial trade was that they hadn't had a Top 5 pick ever i don't think. They were planning on and selling it as a Top 3. Now they are turning it into a Pick 7.

All they have done is basically turn a Pick 19 into a Pick 15 to 25 two years later(imo most likely 19-23ish) and in a lesser draft while moving from 9 to 7 in this even draft. It's a goodish deal for where they sit now with not much difference between 4 and 7, but it makes a mockery of their original stance.

Their sell of this will be interesting to the masses who don't know the intracacies. They were supposed to be expecting a gun Top3 player.

Guess Young Reid didn't have the confidence to back himself and follow thru on a Top pick.

The sell will be simple.

SA lad Stephens, inside/outside mid, good user, "we would have picked him at 4 anyway".

Pick 19 from 2018 becomes a late first in 2020, the year in which they'll go hard after Lukosius.

1. Gold Coast - Rowell
2. Gold Coast - Anderson
3. Melbourne - Jackson
4. GWS - Young
6. Sydney - Flanders
7. Adelaide - Stephens
8. Fremantle - ???
9. Melbourne - ???
10. Carlton - ???

Looks to me like;
Freo - Robertson
Melb -ash
Carl - bid on Henry, trade or take kemp.

1. Gold Coast - Rowell
2. Gold Coast - Anderson
3. Melbourne - Jackson
4. GWS - Young
6. Sydney - Flanders
7. Adelaide - Stephens
8. Fremantle - ???
9. Melbourne - ???
10. Carlton - ???

You can pretty much put Robertson 8 and Ash 9

Wanted Stephens or Robertson

Looks to me like;
Freo - Robertson
Melb -ash
Carl - bid on Henry, trade or take kemp.
You can pretty much put Robertson 8 and Ash 9

Wanted Stephens or Robertson

Looks like the neatest outcome. Could see Melbourne go for Serong though, if they're still wanting that small forward. They don't have any picks after 8, so unless they offload a future pick they'll be waiting til 80+ for their final selection.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back