Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 3 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We went very small at the start of last year (Cordy & Wood playing as KPDs!) which filled nobody with confidence. Keath is instantly our best tall defender so there is improvement there. Who else plays will be fascinating. Do we persist with Daniel?
Is La Young a chance for round 1?

Wouldnt mind a defender with a bit of a mongrel. Any chance Brock Smith slides to our second pick?

We regularly push a HF up to the contest (other clubs do too e.g. Richmond) so we tend to have at least two aerobic animals as part of our forward 6 at all times. Schache we'd want in space as with Bruce & Naughton getting the no 1 & 2 KPDs Schache should see the opportunity for him to become an uncontested marking beast. No no. 3 forward will have the reach to follow him on the long leads.
It’ll be fascinating to see how Bevo uses all his new toys. This will be one of the most intriguing - Naughton, Bruce and Schache all in the same team (if that’s how MC go). It also means the days of Bont playing FF should be over, barring a run of injuries to our KPFs.
We went very small at the start of last year (Cordy & Wood playing as KPDs!) which filled nobody with confidence. Keath is instantly our best tall defender so there is improvement there. Who else plays will be fascinating. Do we persist with Daniel?
Is La Young a chance for round 1?
I’ll be very surprised if Daniel doesn’t immediately return to his usual role at half back. Bevo is a big believer in the wee fella.

I rate Lachie Young too but he has some strong competition. How he goes in the pre-season games (if he gets a run) will be critical to his chances of a start in Rd1.

It’ll be fascinating to see how Bevo uses all his new toys. This will be one of the most intriguing - Naughton, Bruce and Schache all in the same team (if that’s how MC go). It also means the days of Bont playing FF should be over, barring a run of injuries to our KPFs.
I think we may experiment with Schache taking the odd wing rotation. Richo has done it and Riewoldt has done, both KPP height with massive tanks.
Reports are that Tex Walker may even do it this year, and in past years even English spent time on a wing at VFL level.

Last year the opposite wing pairing with Hunter would often be two players rotating between wing and HF. With a lack of any one player really stamping the opposite wing as their own we may opt for that rotation again.

I think we may experiment with Schache taking the odd wing rotation. Richo has done it and Riewoldt has done, both KPP height with massive tanks.
Reports are that Tex Walker may even do it this year, and in past years even English spent time on a wing at VFL level.

Last year the opposite wing pairing with Hunter would often be two players rotating between wing and HF. With a lack of any one player really stamping the opposite wing as their own we may opt for that rotation again.
I have Schache as the "Luke Darcy" style 2nd Ruck coming off the bench, his field kicking and endurance
excite me for a man in this role. The English/Schache one two punch in the Ruck gives us something a
little bit different. The Ruck role helped Tom Boyd, but we had no Naughton and Bruce back then.

Enter Bergman

Enter Bergman
I'm liking his story and his "type".

Mid sizer forwards who can mark and are quick at ground level are all the rage right now - Stephenson, de Goey, Raynor, and dare I say it... Stringer.

Mid sizer forwards who can mark and are quick at ground level are all the rage right now - Stephenson, de Goey, Raynor, and dare I say it... Stringer.

Ummmm.... Stringer can’t mark. He was lucky to avoid your bottom 50, with his lazy efforts and non-contribution to team defence.
His type, IF he could mark & wasn’t a pain in the &$@:&, is right though.

Stephenson, de Goey, Raynor, Stringer are all great goalkickers. is Bergman a goalkicker too?

Stephenson, de Goey, Raynor, Stringer are all great goalkickers. is Bergman a goalkicker too?
Mixed reports. Some say he's possibly the best kick in the draft pool. Others say he missed a few goals he should have kicked.
Sounds positively Bontempelli-esque.

does he have a goal sense though?
He kicked 4 in a game so that bodes well.
He's a low production type kid so sounds like he doesn't need a heap of the ball to have an impact. In a team with accumulators that helps us.

Not much to go on but in some of the training photos it looked like Schache was matched up with Hayes so he might spend a bit of time on the wing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Earlier in the season we didn’t kick to Schache quickly enough. Sitting up in level 3 you see him busting a gut and taking up great positions waving his arms around only for someone to slow things down and allow a defender to cover him.

Hopefully our end of season quick smart mojo carries onto next year. You’ll see a lot more of Schache.

We draft the closest player that plays like bont.

We will have a team full of bonts and be indestructable.

The other benefit to that is that if they all look the same, those GWS neanderthals won't be able to distinguish which Bont is the original, to punch and eye gouge. The ensuing confusion will ruin them. Genius move.

Redraft Barry Hall and play him v GWS . Have him follow Bont . Just for the one game. Then back to retirement with a life ban.
Gallen was only the warmup - he's preparing for the 4v1 special of Greene, Cameron, Himmelberg, Shaw

My money is on Hall by KO in the first quarter

Clubs seem to be pretty keen to trade out of next years draft. It makes me think we will have no trouble trading up from 2021 if we need to make up points for any of our academy or father son picks.

Clubs seem to be pretty keen to trade out of next years draft. It makes me think we will have no trouble trading up from 2021 if we need to make up points for any of our academy or father son picks.
Very interested to watch how GWS go about this Green bid and getting another player in before that bid. I wonder if there’s any chance we can manipulate/trade to draft a player before JUH. Obviously would be a huge cost in terms of picks. One for next year I guess.

Very interested to watch how GWS go about this Green bid and getting another player in before that bid. I wonder if there’s any chance we can manipulate/trade to draft a player before JUH. Obviously would be a huge cost in terms of picks. One for next year I guess.
Way too early to call, but I guess if GWS are willing to do it, and other clubs have facilitated it, then I'm sure we could. Would have to come at a price though - either we lose almost all our 2021 picks through deficit, or we lose players. Either way, it comes at a cost.

On a separate note, I am going to be so pissed if GWS draft Hayden Young with Pick 4 as well as getting Green. Ridiculous how long they've been able to stretch those initial draft concessions out through trading surplus talent for more picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back