Traded GWS trade #6 and future R1 pick (tied to GWS) to Adelaide for #4

Remove this Banner Ad

Do the crows keep going and trade 6 to Geelong for 14 and 17 or 14 and a future 1st
Would highly doubt it...
Think after pick 12 or so the draft shallows out real quick.

But we know so little what the recruiters think...

Sort of makes our blues pick swap worthless if we do that

Would highly doubt it...
Think after pick 12 or so the draft shallows out real quick.

But we know so little what the recruiters think...

Sort of makes our blues pick swap worthless if we do that

Maybe the crows rate local talent like Gould, Day, Taheny, Schoenberg and Pickett and want to get multiple picks in the 14-24 range to get a few of them.

Maybe the crows rate local talent like Gould, Day, Taheny, Schoenberg and Pickett and want to get multiple picks in the 14-24 range to get a few of them.
Maybe, but we only have one of them ATM.

Our plan is more likely to get the best guy at 6 rather than SA boys

Yeah, that's too far down IMO. I think we'd be after pick 10 from Freo - Carlton, please bid on Henry!
That's what I think too. Pick 6, for Fremantle pick 10 and some swap pick should be favour Adelaide a bit like GWS. All this look like already planned before GWS swap pick with St kilda and Fremantle accept pick 10 from St kilda.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is that picks 12, 18 and a future first for pick 4?

Plus a 760 point deficit for next year given they now only hold picks 40, 59 and 60 after pick 4.

That's what I think too. Pick 6, for Fremantle pick 10 and some swap pick should be favour Adelaide a bit like GWS. All this look like already planned before GWS swap pick with St kilda and Fremantle accept pick 10 from St kilda.
Nah, I'm thinking 23 GWS 2018/1 for pick 10.
I'd prefer 2 x top 10s

Can Adelaide turn 6 into Fremantles 10 and a future first. Essentially turning 4 into 10 and 2 additional first round picks. Depends if Adelaide thinks they can get a player they like at 10

Can Adelaides turn 6 into Fremantles 10 and a future first. Essentially turning 4 into 10 and 2 additional first round picks. Depends if Adelaide thinks they can get a player they like at 10
Possibility is there.

Adelaide's whole rationale and selling point for the pick swap last year was to get a Top 1 to 4 Pick that they have never had before.

I guess Reid just didn't have the confidence in the end to pull the trigger on a Top pick. Instead they've ended up with a more generic pick 7 instead a more generic pick 10. But with the Pick 19 pushed back two years.

Todays deal is a safe way to get back to pretty much square one, but the Top Pick theory got put in the too hard basket or backfired.

Can Adelaide turn 6 into Fremantles 10 and a future first. Essentially turning 4 into 10 and 2 additional first round picks. Depends if Adelaide thinks they can get a player they like at 10
No chance, GWS are the only team with the luxury of handing out first rounders like that, you got very lucky with the situation GWS are in to get this trade.

You are seriously suggesting 6 for freos 10 and 3-10 (next years first)

GWS are literally the only team in the comp that would give up a future first for a 2 pick upgrade

Adelaide's whole rationale and selling point for the pick swap last year was to get a Top 1 to 4 Pick that they have never had before.

I guess Reid just didn't have the confidence in the end to pull the trigger on a Top pick. Instead they've ended up with a more generic pick 7 instead a more generic pick 10. But with the Pick 19 pushed back two years.

Todays deal is a safe way to get back to pretty much square one, but the Top Pick theory got put in the too hard basket or backfired.

If Melbourne do bid on green we drop 1 pick in the draft for a future 1st. We've seen how quick a team can crumble, GWS immune to that crumble?

Having 2 x 1st round picks next year could be very handy if Lukosius does not sign on with GC. They also have a great young ruck coming through in SA Tilthorpe and would be well aware he will be atop end player and they may also want the buying power to make aplay for him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back