Review 2019 AFL National Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Won't be a problem, they take one at pick 4, then Green - go into points deficit if necessary.

I think (being the operative word) if Sydney bid on Green at 5 then the Giants picks 40 and 59 would move to 74 and 75, whilst their first pick next year would be penalised 950 points. Say they won the flag - their first next year would move to a pick at about 70 or so.

I think (being the operative word) if Sydney bid on Green at 5 then the Giants picks 40 and 59 would move to 74 and 75, whilst their first pick next year would be penalised 950 points. Say they won the flag - their first next year would move to a pick at about 70 or so.

So basically you can’t steal an academy player then as sounds like you just go into negative the following

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Maybe we can swap 47 and 50 for their pick 40 and at least creep up a little bit and give them some points for Green.

Yeah its an option. Probably our worst option seeing as 47&50 equate to pick 32 points wise but beggars cant be choosers.

Im still holding out hope we might delist someone as I think that using pick 50 ourselves is better than the above and gives us the option of trading it on draft night.

Yeah its an option. Probably our worst option seeing as 47&50 equate to pick 32 points wise but beggars cant be choosers.s

Im still holding out hope we might delist someone as I think that using pick 50 ourselves is better than the above and gives us the option of trading it on draft night.

Can’t see us delisting anyone at this late stage... all the others were done pretty early in the piece.... just hope we can use 47 or 50 to move up slightly

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Everyone seems to have missed the fact that if we head into draft night with 3 list spaces, pick 50 disappears and can't be used in live trading. So we're either going to have to delist someone (Xerri?) or do a deal prior to the night.

Everyone seems to have missed the fact that if we head into draft night with 3 list spaces, pick 50 disappears and can't be used in live trading. So we're either going to have to delist someone (Xerri?) or do a deal prior to the night.
I’m pretty sure people are aware of this
I think the plan is to do a deal now before the draft to move up

Would be handy having a list manager right now to assist with this :think:

Yeah its an option. Probably our worst option seeing as 47&50 equate to pick 32 points wise but beggars cant be choosers.

Hopefully we delist and rookie Hall, Jacobs or someone. Whoever will make it to our rookie pick. Does anyone know when the cut off is?

47 and 50 for 40 and GWS 3rd rounder in 2020 could work if we don't delist someone.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah can't believe we didn't trade in a former R1 pick from the Giants for bugger all.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Queen of the harpies

It's a great trade for GWS. If you rate Green as the third best player in the draft (which many do), they basicaly get picks 3 and 4 for picks 6 and 15-18, plus their second rounder getting significantly downgraded in 2020.

Wonder how many years GWS can keep this cycle going. 10?

More. Many more. The cycles diminishes a little each time they pick up someone who’s not an out-and-out star, but with so many high picks on the books it can continue for a very long time. And of course it is exacerbated by the FA compensation rules. A good player leaves: poor you, have another high draft pick.

More. Many more. The cycles diminishes a little each time they pick up someone who’s not an out-and-out star, but with so many high picks on the books it can continue for a very long time. And of course it is exacerbated by the FA compensation rules. A good player leaves: poor you, have another high draft pick.
Not to mention their academy gifting them Hopper, Green, Finlayson etc.

It's a great trade for GWS. If you rate Green as the third best player in the draft (which many do), they basicaly get picks 3 and 4 for picks 6 and 15-18, plus their second rounder getting significantly downgraded in 2020.
Some rate Green as even better than the third best in the draft. For that reason, Melbourne will bid on him at 3. It's à no brainer. If Sydney match, then Melbourne get the third best live player anyway and disadvantage a rival in the process. If Sydney don't match, then they've got arguably the second best player. There's no bluffing involved.

Some rate Green as even better than the third best in the draft. For that reason, Melbourne will bid on him at 3. It's à no brainer.

Doubt Melbourne will bid on Green at 3. They dont need another inside mid and the Giants who dont really need an inside mid either wont match.

I think the Giants will take Jackson at 4 so if Melbourne like him at 8 perhaps they take him at 3 in the hope that Ash or Young slide to 8.

I hope the Godees bid on Green at 3 and force GWS hand. Surely every club can see the unfair advantage GWS has and would want to do whatever they can to try to bring gws back to the pack.

Its the middle of the night, I cant sleep and I have trade scenarios constantly going through my head. I know im crazy.

Trade option with Collingwood.

27,50>35, STK future 2nd

From Pies perspective they get to upgrade their 74 to 50 as well as their 35 to 27 for only the cost of a future 2nd which they have 2 of after trading Aish.

For us we downgrade 27 to 35 which I think there isnt that much difference between the players available at those picks and lose 50 which we werent using anyway but pick up a likely mid range 2nd for next year.

With so many fs/acad players in next years pool I envisage a lot of pick trading with some teams wanting to move up the order ala GWS from this year as well as teams wanting to slide back to more point orientated picks. Having an extra 2nd to go with our extra 1st could be advantageous from a trading perspective.

This would leave us with 26,35,47.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back