Golden State Warriors thread - All Star 5

Remove this Banner Ad

He's got some moves...no doubt he'll get worked out some, but looks to be a three level scorer. Some lofty comparisons being made, but I'm thinking Carl Landry with a 3 point shot.

Great win. Will be a bearable season if a couple of rookies keep producing.

Last edited:
Seems like these guys coming in are showing a lot of heart despite not quite being as good as their opponents. Huge win today that will give them a lot of confidence.

If you’re going to have a crappy season you at least want the players giving their all, which it seems they’ve done so in the last few games.

After a s**t start to the year, happy with some signs from the young guys. We're not going to win much (due to the lack of talent), but some guys are showing they'll be rotation players in the long run.

Still need to find a trade for D-Lo

Steph
Klay
Wing who can play defense (in a trade for D-Lo)
Draymond
Looney

Solid starting 5 + a few of the current guys is a decent team going forward.

Weird to look at the team sheet and be worried Paschall is out...that wasn't happening three weeks ago.

20 wins a long way away at this stage...suppose we take the honourable losses and potential lottery pick. I know our first is top 20 protected.. do we own our second too?

Coming into a team thread to trash-talk is pretty bad form.

Especially being that the guys in here are actually still following the Warriors (hence the comments). So you're comment is pretty stupid.

Coming into a team thread to trash-talk is pretty bad form.

Especially being that the guys in here are actually still following the Warriors (hence the comments). So you're comment is pretty stupid.

And it’s now deleted.

I’ll say it again, the guys coming in, for the most part, are showing a lot of fight and heart. Big win today against Memphis.

Guys we can use going forward...

Obviously the two rookies in.
I like WSC and Chriss as backups to Looney. Maybe Spellman over Chriss?
I think Burks and Bowman as well.

PG - Steph, Bowman
SG/SF - Russel, Klay, Burks, Poole
PF - Green, Paschall
C - Looney, WSC, Spellman/Chriss

Thoughts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guys we can use going forward...

Obviously the two rookies in.
I like WSC and Chriss as backups to Looney. Maybe Spellman over Chriss?
I think Burks and Bowman as well.

PG - Steph, Bowman
SG/SF - Russel, Klay, Burks, Poole
PF - Green, Paschall
C - Looney, WSC, Spellman/Chriss

Thoughts?

GR3 has been much better than I expected.

Playing 31 mins a game, 12pts a game at 48%, 41% from 3, the best year of his career.

When do we see Smailagic as he showed a bit in summer league?

Can we keep Klay as part of commentary crew? Great value....

As for DLO trades, a few ideas from bluemanhoop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the
PG, JEFF TEAGUE
SF, ROBERT COVINGTON
SG, JOSH OKOGIE

for

PG, D'ANGELO RUSSELL
SF, JACOB EVANS III
C, DAMIAN JONES

trade, though we'd have to throw in someone instead of Jones.

I wouldn't be shocked if Minny wanted to make a change either. They're sort of stuck in the no-mans land of not really good or really bad.

I like the
PG, JEFF TEAGUE
SF, ROBERT COVINGTON
SG, JOSH OKOGIE

for

PG, D'ANGELO RUSSELL
SF, JACOB EVANS III
C, DAMIAN JONES

trade, though we'd have to throw in someone instead of Jones.

I wouldn't be shocked if Minny wanted to make a change either. They're sort of stuck in the no-mans land of not really good or really bad.

Yep, Atlanta might not like us trading DJ....

Certainly bolsters depth and wing defence.

Teague a FA next year.

Loving how the young guys are competing and we are seeing who can be part of the future.

WCS, Burks, GR3,Chris’s,Bowman, O(team option) Lee all only signed for this year.

No one earning more than $2.3M so the first 4 may get bigger/better offers.

O will be picked up.

Interesting to see where it goes.

Good game to watch. Lots of contributors.

Obviously big thanks to Russ for his Christmas present to the Warriors

Great to see Oracle.... I mean the Chase Center rocking.

Last month has been pretty competitive, good to see some reward for effort.

D-LO has been good, but lesser guys like WCS, GR3, Burks, Spellman have been contributing.

Lee was great today, Bowman has done good things also.

Think Dray has had some continuity and is learning to play with the new guys much better.

Paschall has been a revelation, hopefully can pick it up again after the injury.

Severe Splash Bro withdrawals, don’t even get to watch KD, even in another jersey.

The NBA moves fast but the Dubs roster turnover and injury absence has been extreme from last years playoff to current day.

Appreciate we're not exactly running the Hamptons 5 anymore...but I wonder how often an entire starting 5 has been outscored by a bench player...particularly one that logged less than 30 minutes and on only 12 shots.

Edit: 32 minutes and 13 shots in the end...but you get my drift.

Last edited:
Interesting to see what we do before the trade deadline, Burks, GR3 and WCS are all UFA’s next year.

All have currency with Burks and GR3 being offensive pieces that could help a contender.

All could help us next year if they stayed for the right price.

As much as we are on a losing skid, for the most part we have been competitive.

Losing isn’t fun but we freshen up Steph and Klay for next season even if Steph plays a bit this year, we have found a few players that were question marks in Paschall, Spellman and the new D.Lee.

The multi million dollar question is what we can get for D-Lo and a top 5 pick...

This move will shape our team for the next 3-4 years or longer...

Interesting times.

I'd love a DLo + pick for Simmons, but can't see Philly going for it. Hopefully Philly get knocked out in the first round so their management want to make big changes.

Running Simmons at the point with Steph and Klay coming off screens would be magic. And then play Simmons at the three on the defensive end.

I have a feeling DLo ends up in Minny. They just offloaded their point guard opening the door. We can get some pieces from Minny, but no real star power.

I'd love a DLo + pick for Simmons, but can't see Philly going for it. Hopefully Philly get knocked out in the first round so their management want to make big changes.

Running Simmons at the point with Steph and Klay coming off screens would be magic. And then play Simmons at the three on the defensive end.

I have a feeling DLo ends up in Minny. They just offloaded their point guard opening the door. We can get some pieces from Minny, but no real star power.

Thanks Fid, the Simmons trade idea seems to be doing the rounds, the only issue being having two guys that struggle from deep.

Not sure if Green for Horford somewhere in the deal works better... Dray is only 29, while Horford is 33 and struggling in Philly so may be declining.

Agree that Defence would be brilliant with Dray/Ben/Klay

I’m guessing Minny want KAT and DLo together as us adding KAT would be fantastic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back