Opinion 2020 membership renewal

If Ken remains senior coach will you be renewing for 2020?

• Yes

Votes: 77 48.1%
  • No

Votes: 83 51.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

This should be the 2020 membership theme song:

Cause everything that you thought I would be
Has fallen apart right in front of you
Every step that I take is another mistake to you
And every second I waste is more than I can take

I've become so numb
I can feel you there
Become so tired
So much more aware
By becoming this
All I want to do
Is be more like me
And be less like you

And I know I may end up failing too
But I know you were just like me with someone disappointed in you

I've become so numb
I can feel you there
Become so tired
So much more aware
By becoming this
All I want to do
Is be more like me
And be less like you

This should be the 2020 membership theme song:

Cause everything that you thought I would be
Has fallen apart right in front of you
Every step that I take is another mistake to you
And every second I waste is more than I can take

I've become so numb
I can feel you there
Become so tired
So much more aware
By becoming this
All I want to do
Is be more like me
And be less like you

And I know I may end up failing too
But I know you were just like me with someone disappointed in you

I've become so numb
I can feel you there
Become so tired
So much more aware
By becoming this
All I want to do
Is be more like me
And be less like you

If we use that limpin biscuit s**t for anything I’d abandon the PAFC for life.

The drop off is concerning no matter what way you look at things. It may well add another couple of million to our debt. Either that or we'll purge the football programme. Neither is a good outcome.
Your basing this on 138 votes 60 of which are going to renew?

It's tracking at 111 a day since the last update 8 days ago. If it keeps on that trajectory, in 17 days we'll only add less than 2000, meaning a total of around 34,000. That's close to 10,000 down on the same time last year. Wow.

You reckon the arrogant "we know best" clowns in charge are feeling it now?

I said it before and I'll say it again, sacking Hinkley was the cheaper and more prudent option.
The club and the media have seriously underestimated the levels of anger that fans have towards Hinkley

Is it the same time? I thought we were 10K down on a mid-December/pre-Xmas figure.

See ...

It's tracking at 111 a day since the last update 8 days ago. If it keeps on that trajectory, in 17 days we'll only add less than 2000, meaning a total of around 34,000. That's close to 10,000 down on the same time last year. Wow.

Why pay for a product you know will be s**t. Would you keep watching a terrible movie over and over again?

2020 will be a disaster (we all know it) but we will regain more members for the 2021 revival.

At least 2021 will have an air of mystery around it.

Just copped a voicemail from someone at the club, “you previously delayed payment on the auto-renewal of your membership, just wondering if you’re still keen to renew and set that plan back up”.

Club coming off a touch desperate given I’ve got until December 13 as the emails keep telling me.

It’s almost as if they shouldn’t have staked the club’s treasury on a coach who isn’t up to it, idk.

I got a call from them telling me the card had lapsed on my sons baby membership and would I like to update the payment details.

I said he'll sign up if I decide to sign up.

I'm such a badass.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I got a call from them telling me the card had lapsed on my sons baby membership and would I like to update the payment details.

I said he'll sign up if I decide to sign up.

I'm such a badass.
”Actually he recently said his first words and they were ’Sack Himkuh’ so I think not”

Have gone ahead to reinstall my auto-renew for membership for 2020.

The pick swap was a reminder to me that, despite the on-field, coaching, and board issues, there are still people and departments working hard and doing good for the club.
I can't fault Richo and Ben, nor Chris Davies for doing what they can in trying times, for reasons outside their control.
These are the people for whom I am renewing and showing my support.

Also the adage you support your team through good times and bad... yadda yadda yadda.

Memberships for the rest of the family will come sometime after March 2020 if there are any improvements / changes to the on-field concerns.

There is usually a small spike come draft time with new kids coming in back slapping and positive spin from the club. I'm predicting we will end up with about 50000 members still leaving the club about 8000 down. Which is still a big hit the club will have to absorb

I still reckon they just name a captain next week and numbers will start getting back on track.

There just has to be even the tiniest bit of accountability shown.
but we don’t wannnnaaaaaaa

View attachment 781566
It's way too early to tell what is going on with membership.
Compared to 2018 &2019 there is a worrying 2020 shortfall, but relative to 2016 data this is not supported.
The pre-Xmas RATE of uptake seems quite variable, and I suspect there is a processing and reporting limitation at the club, due to the larger number of membership uptakes, that leads to that variability. I am more confident about the post Xmas data, due to diminished flow.
The real test is the shortfall just before Xmas - if it falls short it just does not get made up, and can widen post Xmas (eg 2018 vs 2019)
Wasn't that 2016 November spike from before they brought forward the auto-renew timing?

I wouldn't be expecting the same uplift this year. It's already happened.

I still reckon they just name a captain next week and numbers will start getting back on track.

There just has to be even the tiniest bit of accountability shown.

I tend to think Work Hardery nailed it with the comment the club has underestimated the anger and disconnect in the membership. That and the club relying on the 150th (when it shouldn't). Granted, the captain/co-captain "issue" is one element that needs to be corrected sooner the better but the bigger elephant is still in the room ..... and its smiling as if it just lost an important game of footy !! 😒.
My guess, membership down by 6,000 from 2019 high, with more members opting for reduced membership plans because a greater percentage of members have woken up to the spin this year than previous years. What goodwill remained has expired.
A lesson for club hierarchy to re-learn it appears : it doesn't pay to get large numbers of passionate members off side when the only avenue left for protest is a financial one. It will ultimately cost more than what had been considered by the bean counters.
Just my opinion for what its worth. Hope I am wrong but.

3gxti2.jpg

I've re-signed. I'm just going to be more vocal about my discontent about the incredibly s**t decisions made by the club. I realised that the fact that key figureheads are making snarky comments about supporters means we're being heard (not listened to). Gotta keep up the criticism to get the club back.

Back