What grinds your gears - partner edition

Remove this Banner Ad

MC Bad Genius

No, not THAT MC Bad Genius. The other one.
Apr 15, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
I've never heard of that happening to other people. My theory was that it was a combination of a shedding girlfriend and crappy washing machine, which would put the occasional long hair in my clean underwear.
You're not alone. It happens so often but still weirds me out every time.

MC Bad Genius

No, not THAT MC Bad Genius. The other one.
Apr 15, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
The most annoying (but in the end, inconsequential) thing my wife does is look at her phone costsantly when we're watching a movie of TV show together.

It could be her favourite TV show of all time that she has been hanging out for the new episode all week. It could be something we both genuinely want to watch. It could be something where we shut the blinds and turn off the lights so there is a more serious atmosphere. It could even be something with subtitles.

But all the same, she'll have her phone out the entire time.

The most annoying (but in the end, inconsequential) thing my wife does is look at her phone costsantly when we're watching a movie of TV show together.

It could be her favourite TV show of all time that she has been hanging out for the new episode all week. It could be something we both genuinely want to watch. It could be something where we shut the blinds and turn off the lights so there is a more serious atmosphere. It could even be something with subtitles.

But all the same, she'll have her phone out the entire time.

Chuck it.

Maybe not in the bin or out the window- but chuck it or even switch it off and hide it.

The world is not going to end if you dont look at your fking phone for an hour.

Id like to snuggle maybe 15-30 mins then gtf away from me i wanna sleep not touching either

I specifically made sure our new coach was big enough that we could both lie down on it without touching.

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
You're not alone. It happens so often but still weirds me out every time.
Showering and pull out a long hair from butt crack.....

2dfafb1a81f4320cd0b0ad2032ab75d9.gif

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

TheShardMan

Team Captain
Jun 28, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
why is she scared of cockroaches? when shes cool with rats, snakes, spiders and other bugs. they terrify her. its so weird.

she also hates lizards esp the smaller ones. gets squeamish when she sees one. why though? It's just a snake with legs!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And don't say 'can we snuggle' in lovey dovey, cartoon like voice - normal voice will suffice (think of Seinfeld schmoopy episode as an example)

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

Ok sorry fk her right off.

I'll get the divorce papers for you if you like :)

deanc

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
Waverley
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania
My ex had this weird quirk, not just with me but her family, etc. as well. Last I heard she was still doing it long after I was gone.

When you made advance plans with her - such as "in five weeks time we will go to the blah blah show you want to see". Unless you continually reinforced those plans with her over the intervening time, she would assume that you've changed your mind and make other plans. She wouldn't ask, or confirm. She was certain that if it wasn't discussed regularly - it wasn't happening.

Once I got the rhythm of it it was pretty easy to manage (every Wednesday and Saturday) - but it used to hack off her in-laws when they'd find out she'd just booked a weekend away on the same night that had a party organised for weeks.

ETA: Ties are s**t. Even stopped wearing them for job interviews now. Jeans, boots, shirt, sports jacket.

Through experience I've learnt plans, specifically in relation to holidays, with the other half can be easily forgotten when they interpret such discussions as 'casual conversation'.
To avoid the inevitable future drama/dispute my tactics over the years have varied in success.

These include a big red marking pen strike-through of the relevant dates on physical calendar/s most have somewhere in the house and/or printed hard copies of flight and hotel bookings stuck on the fridge with dates in highlight pen and/or same hard copies you accidentally leave lying around the house, also tell other family and friends of your plans so it is discussed socially - however frequent reminders by SMS and/or email I've found work best. My colleague also set's a weekly message alarm on her partners phone which also works.

Speaking of phones, many years ago I once recorded our conversation on my phone about dates/location/bookings for a future holiday in Phuket that we agreed on, however this clever tactic caused far more drama that I anticipated.

"OK then, good, I'll make the flight and accommodation bookings, do I need to record this conversation?" "Don't be ridiculous!", she responds. I was recording it anyway.

Despite several hints and some acknowledgement of our plans thereafter, about six weeks later we're having dinner and I ask whether she has arranged relief for her appointments next week.
She responds, "Yep, but I'm only gonna be in Perth for 2 days". Me; "Perth?, really?, and how are you going to be in Perth and Phuket at the same time...?".
The conversation went sideways from there and when I played her the recording of our related discussion she accuses me of entrapment.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back