Rumour Can somebody tell me the "Rompingwins" story?

BigFooty detective work figures out that Hamish edits his own Wikipedia page saying how good he is. Denies it on air, too. Brilliant.

Ando727

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 12, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
That's pretty funny. Do his colleagues call him Rompingwins to his face on the various shows he's on? Is it a completely open secret, or more of a BigFooty thing?

Jan 16, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
The Sunday footy show where Riewoldt kept alluding to the fact that Hamish ran over Cotchin’s dog at his property after an interview and did not even stop to see if all was ok , it was a riot. Hamish trying to deflect and change subject , Riewoldt kept asking further questions, Cotchin sitting there stony faced very displeased. This was on his Wiki page but is now removed.

Ando727

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 12, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
The Sunday footy show where Riewoldt kept alluding to the fact that Hamish ran over Cotchin’s dog at his property after an interview and did not even stop to see if all was ok , it was a riot. Hamish trying to deflect and change subject , Riewoldt kept asking further questions, Cotchin sitting there stony faced very displeased. This was on his Wiki page but is now removed.
Geez, that's really bad form. I'm surprised Cotchin even agreed to be on a show with him again if that's true.

It was a pretty funny story at first, but the memes made it hilarious

1572822286681.png

That's pretty funny. Do his colleagues call him Rompingwins to his face on the various shows he's on? Is it a completely open secret, or more of a BigFooty thing?
The name Rompingwins came from a horse La Ham and his mate won a heap of cash on

1572824646294.png

Damn funny, and more common amongst the "celebrity" class than they would have us believe too, I'd wager.

Like the C listers "leaking" their own movements to the paps.

Check out Nick Etchell's wiki.

In the past decade he has covered events ranging from the inquest into Princess Diana's death to the violent breakdown of the Solomon Islands and the red carpet of Hollywood's Golden Globe Awards. He has interviewed people from all walks of life including Richard Branson, Naomi Watts, Mohammed Al Fayed, Russell Crowe, John Travolta, Shane Warne, Toni Collette and many more

Either he wrote that or wrote it for a Ten media flunky.

AuntyBlindEye

Slick Bear
Chess Club Member EKA Medal - Sweet FA Rising Star BeanCoiNFT Investor
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
s**t I missed that. Any idea what episode it was? Or the air date or anything?

Much like the Chrisco hampers thread or the sneaking into the grand final thread the Rompingwins thread is a classic of the Bigfooty Forum
Correct plus the Zwicker chronicles.

Danger2Jenkins

Knight of the Teutonic Order
Oct 17, 2019
Moe Heights
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Moe Bushrangers
As the title suggests, I don't know anything about this. Somehow it all passed me by and I can't actually find a thread or source that explains it. I see that name quoted a lot, so it's seems to have been a big scandal of some sort. Any details or links to an explanation appreciated.

Once upon a time there was a born-to-rule polo playing ponce who never had to work a hard day in his life (just like Andrew Bolts brother, the secretary of the department of education). This ponce decided to make himself look good by updating his own wikipedia page. He could also be the reason he even has a wikipedia page. Such descriptions of himself were sad and pathetic, and clearly filling a void of unloving parents or just a s**t family overall. Bigfooty caught the ponce red handed and shamed him for it.

sosos

Premiership Player
Apr 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Nothing to do with Hame but I only recently read the back story to the incessant references to Andrew Walker's hat.

I can't say my life is more complete now but I do like getting the jokes.

(just like Andrew Bolts brother, the secretary of the department of education)

FYI he's moved on to head up another department. A friend of mine is now the secretary of the department of Ed and she's worked ******* hard to get there.

Anyway back to laughing at the inbred wannabe aristocrat.

Aug 17, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
It's just hilarious when you stumble across an ex- 10 game AFL player's wikipedia and it's got more detail than someone who played 300+, like you're not going to immediately assume that they're maintaining it, or someone very close to them is.

My memory may be faulty, but my main recollection of this time was that Hamish had a Wikipedia page and Gillon didn't. Probably sums it up.

Back