Radio 'You cannot be serious' podcast with Sam Newman, Don Scott and Rod Law

Having the guests has been fantastic, with the exception of Rex, they have chosen well.
I have to say, I've never really been a fan of Whateley but his episode was brilliant. He's a pretty intelligent bloke and almost self effacing in the way he took responsibility for the rift between himself and Ross Lyon.
He's converted me, can now say I'm a fan
He’s so well spoken. There’s rarely or ever a pause or um or yeah nah in his delivery

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
absolutely. scott picked newman early on when he said he's quite good at repeating stuff of interest to him but is hopeless at analysis.

good for a laugh tho.

Yeah I enjoy it too, Sam is actually more right wing and compassion less than I realised. Scott is funny, knows * all about anything other than equestrian but still happy to argue about anything.

Right wing echo chamber no doubt. Mike is closer to center though in fairness.

Been a big fan and listener since episode 1 when the beast was on. Mike was very much left. However, I find his attitude about certain topics has seen him shift more right.

Yeah I enjoy it too, Sam is actually more right wing and compassion less than I realised. Scott is funny, knows fu** all about anything other than equestrian but still happy to argue about anything.

Do you think as people get older they move further to the right, as they hark to the back in their day attitudes and experiences? And want that more and more each day?]]

I feel sam is intimidated by Don, or at least respects him enough to fall in line.

Im not sure ill be able to handle bolt

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Been a big fan and listener since episode 1 when the beast was on. Mike was very much left. However, I find his attitude about certain topics has seen him shift more right.

Well apparently he's a huge ABC fan, would be surprised many right wingers would love that, interesting he's appeared to shift.

Do you think as people get older they move further to the right, as they hark to the back in their day attitudes and experiences? And want that more and more each day?

I feel sam is intimidated by Don, or at least respects him enough to fall in line.

Im not sure ill be able to handle bolt

I think that generationally we have moved to the left, and perhaps the center has moved more to the left as well. As a result those who have maintained right wing views from 30 years ago are probably classed as extreme right wing these days. This also means that the left and right have never been further apart than right now.

Well apparently he's a huge ABC fan, would be surprised many right wingers would love that, interesting he's appeared to shift.

No hes not right per se. But shifting right of the left, thus more towards the middle.

I think that generationally we have moved to the left, and perhaps the center has moved more to the left as well. As a result those who have maintained right wing views from 30 years ago are probably classed as extreme right wing these days. This also means that the left and right have never been further apart than right now.

tech-first-of-all-youre-throwing-too-many-big-words-24626764.png

workhorse

Premiership Player
Nov 13, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
To be honest, I actually enjoyed the Bolt Episode(s). Despite the fact that I rarely agree with him, I thought he carried himself pretty well and definitely got it over Mike on a number of things.

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
To be honest, I actually enjoyed the Bolt Episode(s). Despite the fact that I rarely agree with him, I thought he carried himself pretty well and definitely got it over Mike on a number of things.

Yeah Bolt got the points, people like him who argue for a living are almost impossible to beat in an argument.

I think he’s smart enough to know that Folau deserved the sack, but his line of argument preaches to his audience perfectly so he maintains it.

There’s always gonna be the “what if” question leveled in this case. “What if” a Muslim preached the same thing and lost his/her position. Would Bolts view be the same?’

You said it perfectly. He probably doesn’t believe it, but his audience does and he feeds them. Note he said he’s not Christian straight away, therefore he cannot be accused of religious bias. It’s clever.

I found it good listening however. He’s more astute than Sam, which isn’t a slight on Sam. But Bolt is calm and measured, whereas Sam gets worked up ie. Clinton

Also of interest is his position that jones shouldn’t be forced off air. But he believes the abc should be sold off.

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
yet again i had to delete and download the episodes again to get the full episodes! Thats about 6 times now. I have 50 podcasts download a week and this is the only one that stuffs up every time.

Not Important

never test the depth of water with both feet.
Oct 4, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Yeah Bolt got the points, people like him who argue for a living are almost impossible to beat in an argument.
didn't listen to the bolt bit. one of the most ignorant, perhaps dangerous, people in the media. whinges when people attack him yet his whole modus operandi is to personally attack others. on a par with the other brain deficient media performer, jones. says a lot that he belongs to the crackpot i.p.a whose agenda is as far right and moronic as you can get. he cunningly keeps his conversations to people who aren't that bright. like newman, scott and sheahan. nasty bastard with it.

the other podcast was 40 minutes i won't get abck

didn't listen to the bolt bit. one of the most ignorant, perhaps dangerous, people in the media. whinges when people attack him yet his whole modus operandi is to personally attack others. on a par with the other brain deficient media performer, jones. says a lot that he belongs to the crackpot i.p.a whose agenda is as far right and moronic as you can get. he cunningly keeps his conversations to people who aren't that bright. like newman, scott and sheahan. nasty bastard with it.

sheehan is closer to the left than newman and bolt though.

You'd be please to know that bolt sees himself as a conservative, not far right.

reckon a lot of shock jocks/journos do that. he defended jones (or more to the point was disgusted that people wanted him off the air, but attacks the abc wanting them sold off.

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond

The Bolt bit is still worth a listen,still good to hear from those you don’t agree with I reckon.

Back