List Mgmt. 2019 Trade & Free Agency Thread V2

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s pretty good. 2 picks we weren’t going to use for a future 2nd. Now have 2 1st & 2 2nd next year and our 3rd pick has gone from 47 to 30.

I know they must have done it somehow but I cannot for the life of me figure out how hawthorns have bent us over on that.

Ummmm no

North and Hawthorn about to do a pick swap - Roos will get 30 for 50, 73 and a future second-round pick. @AFLcomau

Crap! Rule #1 people!

If we somehow used what we have to get back pick 8 from Melbourne I'd probably die from happiness

That's not allowed anymore is it waah

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we finish in the same position next year that 2nd rd pick would be 25-26, so why have we moved that and 2 other picks for pick 30?.... i have to be missing something surely, doesn’t sound right.

Yeah, it seems a little odd.

If we finish in the same position next year that 2nd rd pick would be 25-26, so why have we moved that and 2 other picks for pick 30?.... i have to be missing something surely, doesn’t sound right.
rate this draft stronger i guess, same reason we got overs for our pick 8, next years draft is viewed as weaker with all the players attached to academies

the trade is a very nothing trade and essentially we gave up next years second rounder for this years second rounder. instead of 26,27,47,50 we now have 26,27,30 and 47, so our last pick upgraded 20 spots at the cost of next years second rounder

Next years pool contains many players that are tied to clubs via fs/acad thus our 2nd rounder will get pushed back perhaps as much as 10 spots.

Would still like to see us package 2 of our picks for 1 higher pick (which we can now do on the night) and then go 39 senior list with 5 rookies and take a rookie with rookie pick 7

Like pick 27 and 30 for Richmond’s pick 19 (on points we would be paying slight overs so maybe a future third our way)

Go 19,26 and 47 plus rookie pick 7
Vs what we have now 26,27,30, 47

Or maybe easier 27 and 47 for pick 19
Giving us 19,26,30 plus rookie pick 7

Last edited:
Perhaps the club feels the available talent around 30 this year is good enough to have a crack, unless we finish really low next year then it shouldn't cost us too much in terms of points difference.

I don't think you can say the club feels the talent is s**t next year when we traded out pick 8 for a speculative first round pick given the talent in the top 10 is decent this year.

Would it be possible for the legendary giantroo or one of the other well connected tweeters to clarify the Tom Campbell and number of list spots/potential draft picks situation with Heath or Rob et al.?
Finnegan's response about not ever using Pick 50 at the draft makes no sense if we have 4 primary spots available and by essentially upgrading 50 (+73) to 30 now we aren't going to use 47 as in both instances we have 3 picks prior to them. It's very confusing and is no doubt keeping tiltraise up at night leading to the various midnight pick swap musings.

:think::think::think:

Would still like to see us package 2 of our picks for 1 higher pick (which we can now do on the night) and then go 39 senior list with 5 rookies and take a rookie with rookie pick 7

Like pick 27 and 30 for Richmond’s pick 19 (on points we would be paying slight overs so maybe a future third our way)

Go 19,26 and 47 plus rookie pick 7
Vs what we have now 26,27,30, 47

Or maybe easier 27 and 47 for pick 19
Giving us 19,26,30 plus rookie pick 7

...........and he's off!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back