Traded GWS trade #6 and future R1 pick (tied to GWS) to Adelaide for #4

Remove this Banner Ad

Great.

The entire Caddy family are mad North supporters. One of his brothers is best mates with Boomer. He went to another club (twice) when he had the option.

Josh Kelly.

John Blakey played 224 games for North and won 2 premierships with North, it didn't matter.

Paddy Dow and Sam Flanders were/are both absolute North tragics as kids.

I think there's enough evidence to suggest it doesn't matter one iota who they support as kids.

I know enough AFL players personally, every single one of them, even the ones that just scraped 1 or 2 games together, support the club they were drafted to/played for, not the clubs they supported as kids after they finished up with footy.

Players buy in to clubs when they go there, they put blood, sweat and tears in. It lasts for life. Obviously they retain a whole heap of friends from their time with AFL teams, who obviously all support said teams as well. It makes sense to support the same team as your mates who you have shared those experiences with...

Common theme is players just dont want to go to North

I'm willing to bet you whatever you like stocker will have a longer career then anyone you draft with GWS pick next year.

I'll take that bet. Stocker is a terrible footballer. A total scrub. Whoever Adelaide take next year with our first rounder would simply have to be an Emergency for the entirety of his career to be an upgrade on Stocker. Willing to bet anything you like on that one.

His family will become Giant supporters once he pulls the jumper on. Who they supported growing up goes out the window.
No it doesnt when your grand Father is Michael Green a legend of the mighty richmond football club

We have a freo captain thats still talking about the mighty tigers every chance he gets

Yes he was that fanatical he said he was neutral about the grand final even though he is a Richmond supporter. He and his brothers have been in the Academy for years, his family all live in Canberra so GWS is really a dream result. His only challenge is getting into the team which by his talent and work ethic he should achieve in time.
Seriously he is tied to the Giants and has friends there he was not ever going to say "I was hoping the Tigers smash the giants"

Look yur team has the most amount of talented players in the league and continue's to get these players due to the way it was set up and the benefit will linger for 10 more years but you cant keep them all and these players are going to get chased and with Tom Green's backround and talent its natural Richmond will go hard at him and it wont be too hard for him to imagine wearing the #9 at The Tigers in 3 / 4 years time

No it doesnt when your grand Father is Michael Green a legend of the mighty richmond football club

We have a freo captain thats still talking about the mighty tigers every chance he gets
Why are Richmond supporters spruiking their club in a trade between the Giants and Adelaide? Weird.

Common theme is players just dont want to go to North

Nah.

Let us know when Ed Richards and Sam Weideman request trades to Collingwood because of their grandfathers wont you....

Richards lineage right back to his great-grandfather is certainly more impressive than Greens and certainly more engrained at Collingwood...

Nah.

Let us know when Ed Richards and Sam Weideman request trades to Collingwood because of their grandfathers wont you....
I dont know about other teams supporters or family members and even Tom Lynch coming from a Collingwood mad family wanted the Tigers over the pies
You wood need to ask the pies supporters about their club and the reason why they are no longer a destination club.

I dont know about other teams supporters or family members and even Tom Lynch coming from a Collingwood mad family wanted the Tigers over the pies
You wood need to ask the pies supporters about their club and the reason why they are no longer a destination club.

You dodged the post, as usual.

Stop polluting this thread with more manure.

Richards great grand father was a Coleman medalist,
2 x Premiership player for Collingwood and also a captain of Richmond.

Not to mention his grandfather and great uncle.

Surely his trade request is imminent....

I'll take that bet. Stocker is a terrible footballer. A total scrub. Whoever Adelaide take next year with our first rounder would simply have to be an Emergency for the entirety of his career to be an upgrade on Stocker. Willing to bet anything you like on that one.

Any real point going in that hot and heavy on Stocker?

Only played a few games, but showed good composure and defensive intent while adapting to an unfamiliar position.

Still needs to work on his conditioning, which is largely being addressed, but he’s got a heap of tools at his disposal to at least be a reasonable midfielder with the ability to go into defense if necessary.

You don’t have to rate him, but surely you can recognise how premature your assessment is?

You dodged the post, as usual.

Stop polluting this thread with more manure.

Richards great grand father was a Coleman medalist,
2 x Premiership player for Collingwood and also a captain of Richmond.

Not to mention his grandfather and great uncle.

Surely his trade request is imminent....
I didnt doodge anything , You are asking me about Collingwood grand kids and i said even their supporters are selecting Richmond, Go ask them
happy to answer anything related to Tom /Michael green.

polluting this thread is when your post does not include anything to do with Green or GWS

Maybe read you post

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If GWS and Green play in the 2020 Grand Final v the Tigers - Michael Green will be supporting the Giants. Delusional to think otherwise. Either that or you don’t have children.

If GWS and Green play in the 2020 Grand Final v the Tigers - Michael Green will be supporting the Giants. Delusional to think otherwise. Either that or you don’t have children.
I have 2 kids and i can tell you now that if my child played in a GF against my team i would still be going for the Tigers but if he did end up winning a medal i would be happy for him.

My friends son plays for a Turkish 1st division soccer club Besiktas and my friend is a Galatasaray supporter (carton/Collingwood) type games and traditional rivals - My mate always goes to games between the 2 wearing Galatasaray gear but if besiktas play another team then he supports them

You dont change, Just cant

In denial much? You basically traded back to the position you were in before both trades, basically.took a massive risk for nothing.

I'm willing to bet you whatever you like stocker will have a longer career then anyone you draft with GWS pick next year.
Just think if carlton didn't do the pick trade you guys right now would be debating which of anderson or rowell you would take as bolton never would have got the sack half way through the year. The pressure on SOS to act became unbearable when the crows were on track for pick 1 but if carlton held the pick it would have been vastly different messaging and we will back bolton in with a wink towards another pick 1

I have 2 kids and i can tell you now that if my child played in a GF against my team i would still be going for the Tigers but if he did end up winning a medal i would be happy for him.

My friends son plays for a Turkish 1st division soccer club Besiktas and my friend is a Galatasaray supporter (carton/Collingwood) type games and traditional rivals - My mate always goes to games between the 2 wearing Galatasaray gear but if besiktas play another team then he supports them

You dont change, Just cant
Well most normal parents would put their kids happiness above their own.

The kids I know that have been drafted their parents changed. 1 had to unfortunately flip to follow the Tigers.

This may have been answered already.. but what happens to GWS's 2020 pick when they don't have enough points to match for green this year?

Ordinarily they would lose points next year - will this mean the pick Adelaide get will be pushed back?

This may have been answered already.. but what happens to GWS's 2020 pick when they don't have enough points to match for green this year?

Ordinarily they would lose points next year - will this mean the pick Adelaide get will be pushed back?
No it only affects picks tied to them..same as picks this year traded

Seriously he is tied to the Giants and has friends there he was not ever going to say "I was hoping the Tigers smash the giants"

Look yur team has the most amount of talented players in the league and continue's to get these players due to the way it was set up and the benefit will linger for 10 more years but you cant keep them all and these players are going to get chased and with Tom Green's backround and talent its natural Richmond will go hard at him and it wont be too hard for him to imagine wearing the #9 at The Tigers in 3 / 4 years time

And as I said do your best, if you try we will make sure to make you pay through the nose and get a couple more first rounders :tongueclosed:

No - Crows will still get their 1st rounder as per where they finish. They may have to carry a negative balance for a 2nd year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back