List Mgmt. Next Generation Academy/Northern Knights

Nov 11, 2005
Queensland
AFL Club
Carlton
Do we still have first dibs on Wild?
We should have on the same basis that the Dopers still have access to Chris Johnson's son, who has moved from the Dopers NGA zone to the other side of town. Would love some clarification on this because I reckon Wild could be a handy, no-cost selection.

Login

All Australian
Sep 7, 2013
Brunswick
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea
We should have on the same basis that the Dopers still have access to Chris Johnson's son, who has moved from the Dopers NGA zone to the other side of town. Would love some clarification on this because I reckon Wild could be a handy, no-cost selection.
Cheers, let's hope so.

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Discounted, not zero cost. If his name is called out in the second round, it will likely take one of our 3rd round picks.

Nov 11, 2005
Queensland
AFL Club
Carlton
Discounted, not zero cost. If his name is called out in the second round, it will likely take one of our 3rd round picks.
I am basing the zero cost on him not being nominated in the National Draft. We might need to arrange for him to have some surgery in the 2nd half of the season to take him off the radar.

Nov 11, 2005
Queensland
AFL Club
Carlton

#5 Cameron Wild

Made his return from Vic Country for the bye and absolutely dominated. Wild recorded a game-high 29 disposals, six marks, six tackles, four inside 50s and four rebounds in his return home. A contested beast, Wild brought solid hands off the deck, absorbed contact, kept his feet and broke through opponents to release by hand. A reliable user by foot, Wild hit his targets well on the run, picks his passes well, and moved down back for the last quarter to aid exiting the ball. A bull on the football, Wild’s return was immense in their victory.

No1Suspect

Premiership Player
Aug 11, 2010
In the shadows
AFL Club
Carlton

#5 Cameron Wild

Made his return from Vic Country for the bye and absolutely dominated. Wild recorded a game-high 29 disposals, six marks, six tackles, four inside 50s and four rebounds in his return home. A contested beast, Wild brought solid hands off the deck, absorbed contact, kept his feet and broke through opponents to release by hand. A reliable user by foot, Wild hit his targets well on the run, picks his passes well, and moved down back for the last quarter to aid exiting the ball. A bull on the football, Wild’s return was immense in their victory.

Those are some solid numbers!

Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Ummm, has it been determined we still have a hold over him for the academy?

Really vague.

He's been listed in our NGA program.

This year he's playing TAC for Murray, and is presumably living somewhere out that way. Technically that area is zoned to Richmond.

The NGA rules state that:

A person must be domiciled in the Club’s NGA Region at the time the person first wishes to enter into a Next Generation Academy Agreement with a Club.

They then go on to state the requirement that a player:

(vii) unless otherwise permitted by AFL, has been and continues to be domiciled in the relevant part of the Club’s NGA Region from the period after he first entered into a Next Generation Academy Agreement with the relevant Club;

Wild was certainly part of our NGA academy last year, and I think 2017 as well. Presumably the AFL could pull our access if he's since moved away, but as long as he hasn't registered with Richmond's NGA academy this year (which I'm sure would have been reported somewhere, but isn't) I don't see why the AFL would do so. They want the NGA's to work, and to be seen to work, and the best way for that to happen is for NGA players to get drafted under NGA rules.

Yubby

All Australian
Dec 20, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Aston Villa
Can someone remind me what the NGA means should we want to draft him? Is it similar to F/S that we can use our last pick unless someone bids earlier in which case we have the choice to match with a discount? Or are they auto rookies if we want them?

teagueyubeauty

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Somewhere there
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool, Yankees
Vague normally means they find a way to screw us...will be pretty hard to considering the ruling they’ve made on Chris Johnson’s son but it’s not set until it’s set.

Yubby, NGA is Next Generation Academy and gets the same 20% discount a father son or bris/goldy/sydney sides academy would get.

Back