Past #33: Ed Vickers-Willis - delisted at end of 2020 season - won't be offered a new contract - 21 NM games - thanks EVW

Remove this Banner Ad

:arrowup:

I believe we'll find out more tomorrow.

Should find out more today.

So has it been confirmed? Really hoping the rumours aren’t true. Surely if they are true he hasn’t pulled the pin straight away...

I had him pencilled in as a future captain. So much potential and has such natural football IQ.

What’s the go if he does pull the pin? Do we get an extra list spot? Or because it’s past the list lodgement date we won’t?

Has it actually been confirmed?
Nothing on twitter

😢😢😢

Life just sometimes isn't fair. Sure we've all had a dose of that.

J. Smith
T. Curran
EVW

Sure there are others l've forgotten even buggers like Menzel & Walker.
B.Grima was a certainty to make it if his body had held up IMO.

Curious as to how these leaks occur, moreso from who. Not doubting that this news will be confirmed soon (if indeed it’s the case) but I’m guessing we really do have some inner scrotums on here dishing out latest and greatest. Either way, if true this is such sad news. Always seemed such a big part of our future.

😢😢😢

Life just sometimes isn't fair. Sure we've all had a dose of that.

J. Smith
T. Curran
EVW

Sure there are others l've forgotten even buggers like Menzel & Walker.
K. Harper

So has it been confirmed? Really hoping the rumours aren’t true. Surely if they are true he hasn’t pulled the pin straight away...

I had him pencilled in as a future captain. So much potential and has such natural football IQ.

What’s the go if he does pull the pin? Do we get an extra list spot? Or because it’s past the list lodgement date we won’t?

Docherty did his knee straight after the draft last year and Carlton were able to replace him in the SSP period.

This was from early December last year:

1574286582819.png

That is a worse case scenario if he didn't retire.

If he retires, final list lodgements aren't until after the draft, we would have another list spot for the draft. I'm sure the club will want an answer on that before the draft. If he retires instantly, I think we would probably sign Walker as a delisted free agent before the draft.

1574286764460.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What rotten luck for EVW. I hope he recovers well and has plenty of support around him. I can't imagine the thoughts that must be going through his head at the moment but he must be wondering why me?

I hate hearing news of any player doing an ACL. Such a long hard recovery. Most players never come back quite the same and every time they go out to train or play there must be that scary thought of doing it again in the back of their heads.

And here's a bit of old fashioned farming style way of maybe strengthening his knees if he does to decide to have another go at getting back. Send him bush, put him on an older style tractor, with a heavy clutch and brakes and getting him doing all sorts of tractor work. As a kid I used to have fairly ordinary knees but years of ploughing, cutting hay, spreading super, grading farm tracks, all that sort of stuff, strengthened my knees to a considerable degree. Better than all the physio they do these days!

Last edited:
Let's just back McKay in for christ sakes. We need to be realistic as to where the list is at. The stop-gap measures and short-sightedness of Scott/Joyce is the reason we're still a middling team.

If Mckay is good enough he has the opportunity to keep walker out. Surely extra competition is better and him earning the spot rather than throwing him in as there is no one left

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Negatory

We're all still going off TAO's mail which of course there is little reason to suspect is inaccurate

But nothing official from club

I see, well, knowing how the resident neurotics love to run full steam ahead with the slightest hint of bad news, I think I'll sit and wait.

Let's just back McKay in for christ sakes. We need to be realistic as to where the list is at. The stop-gap measures and short-sightedness of Scott/Joyce is the reason we're still a middling team.
Let’s not just gift McKay games by having no competition for him and instead make him work for it and force his way in past Josh Walker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back