1st Test; Australia v Pakistan @ The Gabba November 21-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah nah - we will win easily at home like the flat track bullies we are.

Probably but only if we play well. Not as if we have 6 batsmen in form...Rely heavily on Smith

I'm the worst person to ask, no idea. Hate 2 match series

It was more a rhetorical question, as I doubt there's a significant reason why they couldn't have had a 3rd test. I agree, 2 match series are the worst - especially against Pakistan who are more than respectable.

Yeah nah - we will win easily at home like the flat track bullies we are.
Quoted for truth. Would be interesting to find out how dominate home teams are during a test series over a sustained period. I am sure we are not the only country that dominates at home and struggles away.

It was more a rhetorical question, as I doubt there's a significant reason why they couldn't have had a 3rd test. I agree, 2 match series are the worst - especially against Pakistan who are more than respectable.

Just seems silly to say the least. Give a test to Canberra, Hobart, etc.

Can you imagine if Smith didn’t play in god mode over in England. Would have lost 5-0. Unfortunately we became so reliant on the guy.

Don't agree with that, think we would have lost but would have been 2-1 or something. Not as if England were any good

Quoted for truth. Would be interesting to find out how dominate home teams are during a test series over a sustained period. I am sure we are not the only country that dominates at home and struggles away.

Weirdly India are the one team who has done well away from home lately. It's a common trend worldwide though, everyone flat track bullies everyone

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should be a close series, underestimate Pakisan at our peril. Wish it was 3 tests though
Lol. I love this time of year, it's the only time I read your dribble.

Lol. I love this time of year, it's the only time I read your dribble.

How won't it be close? They have a very good bowling attack, and a great spinner. Yes their batting is thin, but ours is too mate.

Is there any reason Canberra or Hobart couldn't have had a test?
No reason they couldn't, but CA has negotiated the FTP to only be five Tests a summer. So both are unlikely to ever host a Test again, and certainly not in the next couple of years.

As for this series, Azhar Ali left Australia as possibly the best opener in the world last time. How sme ofmthenother badtmen adjust to the bounce of Australian conditions, traditionally the downfall of sub-continental teams, will go a long way to seeing if they can post scores. And that pace attack looks raw, bound to be prone to a few loose spells at some point.
Australia's batting, at home, won't be terrible. Another false hope series in the making on that front?

How won't it be close? They have a very good bowling attack, and a great spinner. Yes their batting is thin, but ours is too mate.

They will be pounded like they always are when they come over here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back