Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Zombie Lover BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 9, 2005
on the road to nowhere
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
Your putting the same clothes on the line every week in virtually the same configuration
Smalls stuff more pegs on the inside bigger stuff less pegs on the outside
Pegs already there like magic

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
I'm destined to be single forever reading through this. How have some of you not gone postal yet?!
The only way you'd probably not have a single issue with a person whilst spending all that time together would be if you dated a brother or sister.

According to a lot of well documented cases online though this seems to be becoming a thing.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
The only way you'd probably not have a single issue with a person whilst spending all that time together would be if you dated a brother or sister.

According to a lot of well-documented cases online though this seems to be becoming a thing.
I expect small things like she wants to cuddle when I don't or compromising on dinner ideas but bloody hell, some of the stuff in here is insanity

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
- shopping
- movies (particularly chick flicks)
- gym
- lunch and read paper
- watch my s**t reality shows

All things I am quite happy to do alone, even with a partner.
This. You can do some things without each other, though I'm yet to find someone who believes this as I do

"Why wasn't I invited to Melbourne?" "It's an end of season trip with the boys". You can't have expected an invite surely?!

"I'm going to the test match with the boys Friday." "Can I come?" - A) You don't like cricket. B) You don't like most of the guys going. Why on earth do you want to go?

This. You can do some things without each other, though I'm yet to find someone who believes this as I do

"Why wasn't I invited to Melbourne?" "It's an end of season trip with the boys". You can't have expected an invite surely?!

"I'm going to the test match with the boys Friday." "Can I come?" - A) You don't like cricket. B) You don't like most of the guys going. Why on earth do you want to go?

Looool knock yourself out on boys trips. Just dont do anything illegal or stupid and im cool.

Hook up with a chick, who cares. Couldnt care less.

She could go, just stay in a different hotel have some fun of her own, thats all.

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton

Took a while for the missus to understand there are things i want to do alone (or with mates) and things we can do together - probably because she rarely sees her friends and finds it weird i want to see my mates (often without her and the kids)

Even bunnings trips, you dont need to come....give me 30m to myself

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Took a while for the missus to understand there are things I want to do alone (or with mates) and things we can do together - probably because she rarely sees her friends and finds it weird I want to see my mates (often without her and the kids)

Even bunnings trips, you don't need to come....give me 30m to myself
Brother and his wife will go to the shops together just to get milk, as if one person isn't enough. They lock the house up, both put shoes on/get changed and drive to the deli to do this task. Whatever makes people happy I'm fine with but I'd blow my brains out if my relationship had this level of clinginess

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
She could go, just stay in a different hotel have some fun of her own, thats all.
Men and women are so different when it comes to this idea of holidays/trips without each other
Man: "Going to Melbourne for the weekend with the lads". Her "why? Can I come? How long for? Who's going? Don't spend too much! Can I come...."

Woman: "Going to Melbourne for the weekend with the girls". Him "How long can you go for?"

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Brother and his wife will go to the shops together just to get milk, as if one person isn't enough. They lock the house up, both put shoes on/get changed and drive to the deli to do this task. Whatever makes people happy I'm fine with but I'd blow my brains out if my relationship had this level of clinginess

We'll often walk down to the local supermarket together and the kids to get a few things. Its not clingy but just nice to get out of the house some days. Overall i think we do too much together that could be done by one parent - something im working on to convince her. For instance, kids had a school sleepover, we both walked them there and picked them up - didnt need both of us (i didnt really care as i had nothing else on but i know she expected both of us to go)

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Men and women are so different when it comes to this idea of holidays/trips without each other
Man: "Going to Melbourne for the weekend with the lads". Her "why? Can I come? How long for? Who's going? Don't spend too much! Can I come...."

Woman: "Going to Melbourne for the weekend with the girls". Him "How long can you go for?"

Spot on - women tell us and expect us to beg them not to go, our response - go as long as you want

I see it as a chance to do whatever I want (with or without mates) while if I go away, she'll stay home and do nothing

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Spot on - women tell us and expect us to beg them not to go, our response - go as long as you want

I see it as a chance to do whatever I want (with or without mates) while if I go away, she'll stay home and do nothing
When we last went away we were late to the airport because we picked a mate up who was being lectured by his GF, then her crying started. Not fair he goes away and leaves her home to do nothing. blah, blah, blah

Meanwhile, she had a baby shower and an engagement to attend that weekend. Major red flag, end it and onto the next one but none of my concern there, he can suffer if he doesn't speak up. Actually happy these bunny boilers are off the market LOL

Back