Prediction The entirely arbitrary and pointless Luke Jackson posterity circlejerk

What will Luke Jackson become

• Total voters
Time for everyone to put their money where their endless melting is. This thread exists purely so we can all point fingers and laugh at each other when Jackson turns out to be either a good pick or a bust, either for us or elsewhere.

put your predictions below

I’m gonna say good pick

Cobwebs

Team Captain
Oct 21, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
I'm gunna say he will be another Hogan and we are going to get annoying comments from his beloved Freo before he finally returns there in 3 years. Belly shafts us for a future 2nd and 3rd the year they win the premiership. We lose.

Jack Fitzpatrick 2.0

Except we are using pick 3 instead of pick 50. So instead of being a cult hero he will be the next Jack Watts.

Tom Boyd and Patty McCartin will look like recruiting masterminds compared to this. At least Boyd won a premiership and McCartin looked somewhat like a forward as a junior.

At least we will still get to watch Hayden Young tear it up on the MCG on grand final day.

Okay, Im done

Last edited:
Now it did ... Let me know if you want the options changed to something a little more, or less, serious
my options were

- He'll be the GOAT, i have faith
- Indifferent, draft picks are overrated
- Jason Taylor should be sacked and we might as well fold

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Multiple votes allowed, so I voted for every option. Looks like I'm right, again.

He could turn out to be the next Buddy Franklin, or he's more likely to be a Jared Brennan type showing flashes of potential well into his late 20s. He could also be rubbish, or run away home at the earliest convenience. Would've thought we'd go with a safer option than a tall project player.

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Multiple votes allowed, so I voted for every option. Looks like I'm right, again.

He could turn out to be the next Buddy Franklin, or he's more likely to be a Jared Brennan type showing flashes of potential well into his late 20s. He could also be rubbish, or run away home at the earliest convenience. Would've thought we'd go with a safer option than a tall project player.
Shocked that you've made it so you can't be wrong ... so out of character

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Shocked that you've made it so you can't be wrong ... so out of character

Don't blame me for your weak attempt at creating a poll. Worst moderator ever.

stEdy

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Nah but seriously, I don't see how we develop him into the player he might be able to become.

The veil of negativity will come crashing down around him after he fails to make an immediate impact at Casey, where he has the ball dumped on his head consistently by the Wagner brothers. Expectations grow too much for the pick 3 bolter, he has a Tom Boyd-esque falling out of love for the game and retires early to play basketball back in WA. His love for the game rekindles in a Mitch Clark type scenario, where WCE pick him up for free after Nic Nat retires.

WCE then go on to win the flag, where he claims AA honours. Deven Robertson wins the Norm Smith that year, after we had to trade him back to his home state due to home sickness. We received the ghost of Steven Armstrong in return for the promising young midfielder. At this point it becomes clear that the 2019 Draft for the Demons was a calamity.

"It's all apart of the journey" - Simon Goodwin, 2025

ABray10

All Australian
Aug 30, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
I am warming to the idea of Jackson, tall players AFL ability is even harder to predict at 18 than midfielders. Can we have an option that is "Don't care so long as we don't draft Ash"? Good with any two of the other options talked about in that range

Back