Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
A-League Round 7 and the highlight of the round is the original Derby between Adelaide V Victory and a return of Marco Kurz against his old club. As well as a Grand Final rematch

Round 7 Fixture

Friday 22nd November
Western Sydney Wanders V Melbourne City, Bankwest Stadium, 7:30pm ESDT

Saturday 23rd November
Wellington Phoenix V Brisbane Roar, Westpac Stadium, 5:00pm ESDT (ABC broadcast match)
Adelaide United V Melbourne Victory, Hindmarsh Stadium, 7:30pm ESDT 7:00pm CEDT
Perth Glory V Sydney FC, NIB Stadium, 9:45 ESDT 6:45 WST

Sunday24th November
Central Coast Mariners V Western United, Bluetongue Stadium, 6:00pm ESDT

Bye: Newcastle Jets

Predictions: WSW 2-1 WellvBris 2-2 Adel 2-1 PerthVSyd 1-1 CCM 1-0

Enjoy your football this weekend.

If we get within a goal of Sydney I'll be surprised. Not happy. But surprised.

Unfortunately I can see this game going one of two ways:

1) The bye has given us a chance to refocus, regroup and allow us extra time to steel ourselves for the biggest game of the season and we will win 2-1, or;
2) The bye will give us the false impression of refocussing and preparedness, Sydney will fly out of the blocks and trounce us 3-0+

If we get within a goal of Sydney I'll be surprised. Not happy. But surprised.

Unfortunately I can see this game going one of two ways:

1) The bye has given us a chance to refocus, regroup and allow us extra time to steel ourselves for the biggest game of the season and we will win 2-1, or;
2) The bye will give us the false impression of refocussing and preparedness, Sydney will fly out of the blocks and trounce us 3-0+
I doubt Sydney trounce us at home. Probably 1-2 or something.

Also.. Jamie Maclaren is to good for the A-League. Would be interesting if City sell him or loan him out to one of their other supply chain teams come January. At the current rate he'll easily score 20+ goals for the season.

Also.. Jamie Maclaren is to good for the A-League. Would be interesting if City sell him or loan him out to one of their other supply chain teams come January. At the current rate he'll easily score 20+ goals for the season.
You knew once he got off the mark for the Socceroos he'd gain that extra little bit of confidence he needed.

The guy is in the form of his life.

Yeah sadly I can't see him staying past this season. He will get a big payday overseas (and deservedly so)

Hopefully he can help us win our first piece of meaningful silverware, I would be delighted even if we snagged the Premier's Plate..

Last night was one of the most significant wins in our history, given the disaster last week.

There is a new found resolve and belief in our group, it would be tempting to say that Western United coming in has done Melbourne City a favour, no longer burdened with being the 'other team in Melbourne'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's not suited to a big club.

Only 3 teams can win the league this season, Real Mel-bourne (aka City), Adelaide and Sydney imo.
I think Perth are cooked and the Wanderers look set to fall off a cliff.
Real Manchester Light??

Not that I want to defend him, but it's worth noting Kurz started both his seasons with us slowly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back