Bluemour Melting Pot XXII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clubs can circle as much as they want but there’s no chance we do this unless it’s Gold Coast offering their future first. Trading a current first for a future first goes against everything we are trying to build as a club.
I don't understand this at all?

You think we don't have enough young talent?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Clubs can circle as much as they want but there’s no chance we do this unless it’s Gold Coast offering their future first. Trading a current first for a future first goes against everything we are trying to build as a club.

Not if we want a gun next year. We will need 2 firsts for the players on the shopping list...

Few clubs circling our first round pick for their future first + second this year, won't be done until draft day if done depending on who is available.
Gold Coasts first (not #11) and it's a done deal.

If Kemp, Stephens and Ash were off the board, I'd consider that trade with Freo if they offered their 2020 first and pick 22.

That would potentially give Freo picks 7,9 & 10 before a bid on Henry. That's a massive draft hand and would fast track their rebuild.

22 could get us one of Rivers, Williams, SDK (probably off the board but you never know), Cooper Stephens or Taylor.

For us, there's a fair chance of Freo finishing in the bottom 4 next season.

Teams they play twice:
Eagles (two losses)
Bulldogs (two losses)
St Kilda (50 50 games)
Melbourne (potentially two losses)
Gold Coast (they'll win those)

If they have a bad run against teams like us, Sydney, North, Port, Crows etc. things could get really ugly for them.

What an odd chain of events it would make for, should SOS remain.

Would love the full story from both camps but still reckon we still couldn't work through the facts.
If SOS does stay, does something else get squeezed out? Just seems s though we're way too deep here for a kiss and a handshake.

What do you think is so fractured that can’t be fixed?
This whole story/narrative has been a joke and driven by paranoia and blind loyalty, as far as I’m aware, the issues aren’t big and there’s no reason why SOS couldn’t stay if he wanted.

Few clubs circling our first round pick for their future first + second this year, won't be done until draft day if done depending on who is available.

do you know roughly who we want if the player is available do you know which one otherwise I’d be happy to trade down and grab a weightman etc

Melbourne and Fremantle swapping picks to avoid a Henry bid. Melbourne can't get their pick 22 back so probably why Adelaide is involved. They currently have 23.

Henry, serong. Henry is no chance as freo will move ahead of our pick and then match. Serong unlikely. There are a few others but I can't say their names at this stage

Who's most likely to take Serong before us?

Surely we're not that silly.

Keep 9. Don't trade into the most heavily compromised draft in AFL history.

Surely we're not that silly.

Keep 9. Don't trade into the most heavily compromised draft in AFL history.

On the other hand having 3 first round picks at our disposal to trade in 2 very good players would be very helpful going into 2021.

It also depends on whom we think we can get with the second round pick and how we value them versus a Serong or Stephens.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Future first and second was just an example btw. We could get more depending on the cluv. Also club thinks there will be a lot of room for movement with the compromised draft next year (clubs wanting to get ahead of bids like freo and gws this year)

We would also be doing it because we would be confident of getting our player with the second rounder rather than having to reach with pick 9

We would also be doing it because we would be confident of getting our player with the second rounder rather than having to reach with pick 9

That seems to sound like we have our eyes on one of the draft X factors or that a player we like has had their value tank.

Someone like a Brodie Kemp who's top ten talent, and we've been linked to, may have had bad medicals at clubs due to the knee injury and he may be dropping as a result.

We may also value someone like a Thomson Dow more than we do a top ten pick and we know he wont be there come 43 hence the move.

Further, the Fremantle trade today may change how we approach the draft. I was hoping it would be us rather than Melbourne who cashed in on that opportunity but Melbourne having the higher pick always held that trump card.

Regardless, it is a huge gamble.

Currently showing interest in weightman

Not surprising. He's someone all over the draft board. Top ten, mid first, all the way to second and third rounds.

Also a Haileybury College kid. Has all the earmarks of a SOS pick.

On the other hand having 3 first round picks at our disposal to trade in 2 very good players would be very helpful going into 2021.

It also depends on whom we think we can get with the second round pick and how we value them versus a Serong or Stephens.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You know what happens when you dangle first round selections in front of clubs?

You end up with an overpriced and overhyped B grade player on 7 figures :p

Future first and second was just an example btw. We could get more depending on the cluv. Also club thinks there will be a lot of room for movement with the compromised draft next year (clubs wanting to get ahead of bids like freo and gws this year)

I don't know who these players will be but we love them already because they're bound by blue :)

Currently showing interest in weightman
Fair call Gets-him-next-hippie

Would prefer Kemp at 9, Weightman if we trade 9 for a pick split with Cats

Would be very pleased to see this eventuate. Seems to be a seller's market right now for first round picks, and would be consistent with our list strategy at this stage to bank currency for trades next year. All the better if there's an under-the-radar kid we rate highly (like Stocker last year) who we could pick up with this year's second. Get it done SOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back