67🏆69🏆73🏆74🏆80🏆17🏆19🏆20🏆
Nov 25, 2015
Shane Warne Stand
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond VFL Richmond VFLW AFLW
1574318031720.png

Richmond football department staff Tim Livingstone and Blair Hartley have been promoted to senior management roles under structural changes announced by the Club today.
“We have been considering the increasing complexity of our football program, in conjunction with other challenges facing the business, and how best to align resources to continue to deliver us the strongest possible results on and off the field,” Richmond CEO Brendon Gale said.
“Nothing is more important than winning games of football and our broader business and facilities need to create the conditions to deliver that outcome for our members and supporters. This philosophy has underpinned what we have built in recent years.
“We can’t stand still as a Club and with this in mind we have made some adjustments that reflect our priorities, while also recognising the excellence, experience and skill set of those inside our football program.
“As a result, Tim Livingstone has been promoted to General Manager – Football Performance and Blair Hartley has been promoted to General Manager – Football Talent. Both Tim and Blair will be a part of the Club’s senior management team.
“These promotions are recognition of the excellent job both Tim and Blair have done managing our football performance and list build. It is also a reflection of their continued development under the wonderful guidance of Neil Balme.
“Neil has made a significant contribution to our Club since returning in late 2016. His experience and judgement has allowed those around him to thrive. His value to the business extends far beyond football and these promotions will allow us to use his skill set more broadly in the role of Senior Club Advisor.
“While Neil will remain heavily involved in football, this structural change will free him up him to support broader business challenges, including the next iteration of our masterplan, business development and stakeholder engagement.”
Balme said he was looking forward to his expanded role.
“The needs of any business change and while I will still be involved in football, I’m looking forward to working closely with Brendon to deliver outcomes that will meet the needs of the business well into the future,” Balme said.
“I have watched Tim Livingstone and Blair Hartley develop into experienced football administrators in their own right and it makes perfect sense for them to step up into more senior roles.”

Looks like this is the start of Balme's transition into retirement. It's good to have a plan
Neill Balme making sure that somebody can follow in his footsteps after they erect a giant statue of him at PRO.
Funny....I see it exactly the opposite, might be getting groomed to take over from Benny if he get's the AFL gig......

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“The needs of any business change and while I will still be involved in football, I’m looking forward to working closely with Brendon to deliver outcomes that will meet the needs of the business well into the future,” Balme said.

Funny....I see it exactly the opposite, might be getting groomed to take over from Benny if he get's the AFL gig......

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am thnking he is moved contract wise out of the football dept

My thoughts eggzackery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Making room for Brad Scott.

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Good plan, Balme will retire one day. So we need someone to learn from him (thankfully it won't be Dan Richardson)

Tbf Dan did introduce us to Emma Murray. Thanks Dan :hearts:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

all I know is that if we dont win the flag next year the supporters are going to blame this change

If so the supporters are idiots.
I suspect the supporters are smarter than you think and recognise the importance of those two guys. Not next year but the last 3-4 years. Had a major influence.

dont like it

Balme is being demoted , will be at another club by december or in a years time at the latest

happened when the pies demoted him in 2016
Blame isn’t being demoted, it’ll be nothing more than a change of job title.

I hope Balme is at our club until the day he retires from football. We do have to remember that he will be 68 years old in January and won’t be here forever. Just like we always need to develop and improve the squad, It’s just as important we always look to build and improve the club for the future off the field too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back