briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
First rumour on the Suns board that they’ll announce Lukosius re-signing next week.

Strange time to announce it.

And it’s coming from someone who hasn’t posted any rumours or anything like that before.

First rumour on the Suns board that they’ll announce Lukosius re-signing next week.

Strange time to announce it.

And it’s coming from someone who hasn’t posted any rumours or anything like that before.

Doesn't seem all that strange. They get the good news overload of their number 2 re-signing along with bringing in a pick 1 and pick 2 in the same news cycle. Means a lot of the talking heads will be talking about how important and/or positive this draft period has been for the Suns.

Mar 13, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Bruins, Dodgers, Bulls, SEM Phoenix
Already announced

Wow, I mean they already had such a great collection of players with such a great future and now Lukosious re-signs.
It says a lot about the future of club.
It does.
And they're just about to bring in the first and second pick in this draft.
They are.
It's exciting times for Suns supporters.
It is.

Looks like Im getting a 3 gamer suns membership this year as well. Too bad Metricon is a pain in the perineum to attend.

Don't know if I'm spoiled Melbourne boy but every Gabba trip always feels like a major pain in the ass until the ball is bounced.

Milpool

Cam Rayner Fanclub Jr. Vice President
Oct 23, 2017
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Great for the suns. Remember how good that feeling is retaining players you've put games into in the face of bigger clubs they assume they can just pillage who they please. Suns could really start moving up.

Oct 13, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
Great for the suns. Remember how good that feeling is retaining players you've put games into in the face of bigger clubs they assume they can just pillage who they please. Suns could really start moving up.

Really pleased to hear this. (Lukosius)

Partly coz I'm sick of the Suns being cannon fodder but also partly coz the self entitled big Vic/ SA clubs aren't getting it all their way anymore

Scubaveg

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 6, 2009
Carina
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Wow, I mean they already had such a great collection of players with such a great future and now Lukosious re-signs.
It says a lot about the future of club.
It does.
And they're just about to bring in the first and second pick in this draft.
They are.
It's exciting times for Suns supporters.
It is.

Good for them and their supporters.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Really pleased to hear this. (Lukosius)

Partly coz I'm sick of the Suns being cannon fodder but also partly coz the self entitled big Vic/ SA clubs aren't getting it all their way anymore
Or self entitled fans.

Right now there’s some really d!ck Richmond flogs winding GWS up about getting Green in two years because he comes from Tiger Royalty.

Maroon Monsoon

All Australian
Oct 1, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Or self entitled fans.

Right now there’s some really d!ck Richmond flogs winding GWS up about getting Green in two years because he comes from Tiger Royalty.

Like how Carlton fans were winding up GWS that cogs was about to become Carlton royalty this off-season? Looks like both expansion teams have much better cultures than generally credited for so we can probs look forward to some tiger tears in two years (something has to go against them right...)

Anyway, stoked for the sun's. First the king signing and now this, what a great sign

Lukosius, King and Rankine were all touted as potential go-home risks pre-draft. It just shows that if the club gets its act together it can beat the player drain. Well done to the Suns and the three players concerned. Can only help to keep guys like Rowell and Anderson. Will be a very strong outfit in a year or three.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Lukosius, King and Rankine were all touted as potential go-home risks pre-draft. It just shows that if the club gets its act together it can beat the player drain. Well done to the Suns and the three players concerned. Can only help to keep guys like Rowell and Anderson. Will be a very strong outfit in a year or three.

Doesn’t mean they won’t do a Schache.

Schache is without doubt the softest player ever to play the game.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Schache may have his issues, and we may be disappointed with the outcome of pick 2, but this level of vitriol is unwarranted, IMO.

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Schache may have his issues, and we may be disappointed with the outcome of pick 2, but this level of vitriol is unwarranted, IMO.

...I and many others I know think the same about Schache BR. He has a gentle demeanour about him that doesn't seem right on a footy ground imo. He plays like he doesn't want to hurt or be hurt.

Saying he is the softest player isn't being vitriolic, I don't mean it to be at all, to me it's just the opposite of a player who we regard as the hardest player going around. Some look like they belong on the footy field, some don't, I see Schache as one of those.

T Rick

Premium Platinum
Sep 20, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
...I and many others I know think the same about Schache BR. He has a gentle demeanour about him that doesn't seem right on a footy ground imo. He plays like he doesn't want to hurt or be hurt.

Saying he is the softest player isn't being vitriolic, I don't mean it to be at all, to me it's just the opposite of a player who we regard as the hardest player going around. Some look like they belong on the footy field, some don't, I see Schache as one of those.
Saying someone is "the hardest player going around" is a compliment. Saying that a footballer is the "softest player ever" is a disparaging, keyboard put down. Schache has moved on and time for us to do the same.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
FWIW I thought Schache was more aggressive in the games I saw this year, he'll never be Jono Brown level aggressive but I think he could be a serviceable lead up target at AFL level and have a reasonable career.

Back