News Izak Rankine, Gold coast holding Rankine to Ransom- #FreeIzak

What will be the trade with the Suns? (Crows posters only, NO opposition supporters)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

They're both staying...let them go. Embrace the new players we draft this year and next year.

Otherwise you will end up a sour person over 2 kids who just don't care about you.
Agree. We'll get Luko in the end anyway......for two 1st round picks when he's 30, + Dean Gore's son to us as a sweetener

Isnt it strange that the constant big clubs who poach off GC and GWS have managed to overcome the apparently extra money that's now insurmountable?
It's probably because they've all left that gold coast now has so much money to throw at 2nd year draftees.

They're both staying...let them go. Embrace the new players we draft this year and next year.

Otherwise you will end up a sour person over 2 kids who just don't care about you.

I disagree, keep in their ear and prep a big offer in 2021-2022.

By then hopefully they're done with Gold Coast, or we are on field an attractive enough alternative to make the move worthwhile. Till then though, pretty much, focus on the draft and build that next generation. There should be a good influx of talent in the next two years on top of having a good haul last season to well and truly build off.

If they want to stay in 2021-2022, then prep the big offer next time. Making another club pay a few hundred k extra could end up being the difference between them being a contender, or imploding due to cap space issues.

I disagree, keep in their ear and prep a big offer in 2021-2022.

By then hopefully they're done with Gold Coast, or we are on field an attractive enough alternative to make the move worthwhile. Till then though, pretty much, focus on the draft and build that next generation. There should be a good influx of talent in the next two years on top of having a good haul last season to well and truly build off.

If they want to stay in 2021-2022, then prep the big offer next time. Making another club pay a few hundred k extra could end up being the difference between them being a contender, or imploding due to cap space issues.
:thumbsu: by 2022-23 we'll be back in contention & Gold Coast will be starting to have salary cap issues as the star players start demanding more .....King, Rankine, Rowell, Anderson

Last edited:
:thumbsu: by 2022-23 we'll be back in contntion & Gold Coast will b starting to have salary cap issues as th star players start demanding more .....King, Rankine, Rowell, Anderson
With Rowell, Anderson, Luko, Rankine, King all potential stars I think you are right that there will be a cap squeeze. The upside is with the above plus Witts, Ainsworth, Bowes, Brodie, Wright etc we may very well be a significantly better team in 2 years and as we know players tend to stay when the club is contending. I know the club has put a great deal of work into creating an environment that player want to stay in rather than opening up the chequebook and with all 3 top 10 picks now secured I am optimistic that this is paying dividends.

With Rowell, Anderson, Luko, Rankine, King all potential stars I think you are right that there will be a cap squeeze. The upside is with the above plus Witts, Ainsworth, Bowes, Brodie, Wright etc we may very well be a significantly better team in 2 years and as we know players tend to stay when the club is contending. I know the club has put a great deal of work into creating an environment that player want to stay in rather than opening up the chequebook and with all 3 top 10 picks now secured I am optimistic that this is paying dividends.
Signs are good for your club ...room for optimism, as players sign on ...if the club starts to see success, players may/should accept lower $$ contracts to stay for success

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done to GC for getting him to sign. Clearly he's done well for himself fiscally, and GC have a signed another great player.

When the salary cap issue starts to squeeze, just write back to the AFL for some more assistance. Personally, I think salary cap space and off field assistance would have been more beneficial than draft picks to get them back on the up

Good to see the rewards flowing for an expansion club with 2 more years of concessions to come.
More SA lads used to prop up the VFL coffers....love it.
Rape and pillage contunues...and the unintelligent SA supporters immediately gravitate to the next pipe dream....like the ignorant cash cows they are.
So funny....lets start another "get so & so thread" ...for all the slow learners out there.
Crows are a VFL feeder club....your wasting your time and money....but hey....if your addicted to the cool aid...go ahead.

Good to see the rewards flowing for an expansion club with 2 more years of concessions to come.
More SA lads used to prop up the VFL coffers....love it.
Rape and pillage contunues...and the unintelligent SA supporters immediately gravitate to the next pipe dream....like the ignorant cash cows they are.
So funny....lets start another "get so & so thread" ...for all the slow learners out there.
Crows are a VFL feeder club....your wasting your time and money....but hey....if your addicted to the cool aid...go ahead.
If any lessons are to be learned out of this is that the recruitment team need to ensure they are in a position to draft them in their draft year. The club had the draft capital last year to have pushed up at least to Rozee if not further but didn't. Now the way the club is wheeling and dealing in pick trades leads me to think they might have learned their lesson and are going to ensure they put themselves in a position to grab player x at the draft that they want this year and it looks like next year too..lets see how it now plays out

Well, all those draft picks we've been stocking up on next year to help lure him across, we'll have to use them on other players maybe
Keep an eye on Thilthorpe..he looked mightily impressive when I saw him play against Sturt this year in the league - kicked 3 goals from memory as a 16? year old. He is a big kid with some good athletic traits. Still a year to go, but if he progresses at a good rate then those 1sts we have might very much come in handy next year!!

Some highlights

blob:https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/bdb78175-390a-40a2-a11d-8add2f8abf58

Well done to GC for getting him to sign. Clearly he's done well for himself fiscally, and GC have a signed another great player.

When the salary cap issue starts to squeeze, just write back to the AFL for some more assistance. Personally, I think salary cap space and off field assistance would have been more beneficial than draft picks to get them back on the up

Worked for the Swans.

Keep an eye on Thilthorpe..he looked mightily impressive when I saw him play against Sturt this year in the league - kicked 3 goals from memory as a 16? year old. He is a big kid with some good athletic traits. Still a year to go, but if he progresses at a good rate then those 1sts we have might very much come in handy next year!!

Some highlights

blob:https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/bdb78175-390a-40a2-a11d-8add2f8abf58

He loves to play on!

Who was that 2nd kick going to down in the forward pocket? Whoever it was can jump!

Good now we won't waste a lot of time and currency on him

Well no, all it does is push it back 2-3 years. Hopefully at that point we're looking in a very similar spot to Brisbane and just need something to truly put a stamp on the refresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back