Opinion Dustin Martin is better than Dangerfield

Another way it can be argued that Dusty is better is footy IQ. He's in the 120s, poor old Danger is in the 70s.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I wouldn't argue it that way! Danger is still dangerous and unrivalled with his explosiveness. He can't do it all on his own, but he can still tear a team apart. Sadly we are yet to see what he can do in a GF

A Banderas

All Australian
Nov 2, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
02AACD38-F9AB-4CD9-8EC8-3C0EDDCB6BD4.jpeg
want to christen my baby in it

Sep 15, 2007
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Its a bloody tough call...

I would prefer to hang out with Danger than I would Dusty though

Danger is an odd dude but he is clearly self effacing and seems good fun.

Dusty comes across as a grade A dick.

Though I doubt dusty would have a drink with a rando like me anyway, but I reckon Danger would.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong
Its a bloody tough call...

I would prefer to hang out with Danger than I would Dusty though

Danger is an odd dude but he is clearly self effacing and seems good fun.

Dusty comes across as a grade A dick.

Though I doubt dusty would have a drink with a rando like me anyway, but I reckon Danger would.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Whoaa

Sensitive tigers wont be happy about this

Sep 15, 2007
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Whoaa

Sensitive tigers wont be happy about this

Not sure why they should get upset about my little opinion.

I prefer the company of oddballs than dickheads.

As for the topic of the thread, I honestly can't choose. Danger seems the better player week by week but you cant argue that Dusty doesn't do it when it counts. Both are explosive as all *, good to watch.

Grrr

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
mildura
AFL Club
Richmond
Not sure why they should get upset about my little opinion.

I prefer the company of oddballs than dickheads.

As for the topic of the thread, I honestly can't choose. Danger seems the better player week by week but you cant argue that Dusty doesn't do it when it counts. Both are explosive as all fu**, good to watch.
Interesting observation. The general consensus re Dusty is that he is a very quiet introverted bloke who does meditation, mindfulness (whatever that is) etc. Very popular at the club, great mates with Cotchin who is the model AFL boring/player. Even on the field he is pretty quiet.

Nov 12, 2002
AFL Club
Geelong
Interesting observation. The general consensus re Dusty is that he is a very quiet introverted bloke who does meditation, mindfulness (whatever that is) etc. Very popular at the club, great mates with Cotchin who is the model AFL boring/player. Even on the field he is pretty quiet.

The only thing I've learned about him from the last three years of doing interviews, is that he doesn't really look comfortable doing interviews.*

(* - Especially when McAvaney had him in a bear hug at the Brownlow a couple of years ago. Even for McAvaney that was unbelievably creepy.)

Well he's a modern Champion. But wouldn't perceive him amongst the likes of Chapman, Johnson, Selwood, Bartel, Joel Corey, Enright, Scarlett, Ablett and greatest players Cyril Rioli & Sam Mitchell.
Ablett and Scarlett are the only 2 that are equals or better then him.

Danger2Jenkins

Knight of the Teutonic Order
Oct 17, 2019
Moe Heights
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Moe Bushrangers
Ablett and Scarlett are the only 2 that are equals or better then him.

Martin is famous for his Septembers (rather quiet during the season). But even in September he's no Chapman, SJ. or Jimmy Bartel. Those guys dominated finals more in one game than Martins finals combined (and the season). Martin hides behind defenders and sneaks a goal or doesn't argue. He's a star but his current fame is getting ridiculous

Maylandsman

🐯EAT ‘EM ALIVE🐯
Oct 22, 2017
By the Seaside
AFL Club
Richmond
Martin is famous for his Septembers (rather quiet during the season). But even in September he's no Chapman, SJ. or Jimmy Bartel. Those guys dominated finals more in one game than Martins finals combined (and the season). Martin hides behind defenders and sneaks a goal or doesn't argue. He's a star but his current fame is getting ridiculous
Is that your best troll?
E5B16E3C-22BD-4E85-9BE1-4B764AE96982.gif

My Tilly

Premium Gold
Jun 30, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
Is that your best troll?
View attachment 782789

To be fair, Paul Chapman's finals statistics are almost identical to Martin.

1.7 goals v 1.6 goals.
23 disposals v 19 disposals.
2 Premierships v 3 Premierships.
2 Norm Smith's v 1 Norm Smith.

And Chapman faced much stronger opposition such as Collingwood 09-11, St Kilda 08-11, Hawthorn 11-15 so it's reasonable to compare the two.
Of course, when it comes to respective careers in their entirety, Martin is head and shoulders above Chapman but when it comes to September . . . Chappy is highly regarded by many as a big game performer.

Maylandsman

🐯EAT ‘EM ALIVE🐯
Oct 22, 2017
By the Seaside
AFL Club
Richmond
To be fair, Paul Chapman's finals statistics are almost identical to Martin.

1.7 goals v 1.6 goals.
23 disposals v 19 disposals.
2 Premierships v 3 Premierships.
2 Norm Smith's v 1 Norm Smith.

And Chapman faced much stronger opposition such as Collingwood 09-11, St Kilda 08-11, Hawthorn 11-15 so it's reasonable to compare the two.
Of course, when it comes to respective careers in their entirety, Martin is head and shoulders above Chapman but when it comes to September . . . Chappy is highly regarded by many as a big game performer.
No denying Chapman went alright and played up in finals with that bald nut being prominent.

AuntyBlindEye

Slick Bear
Chess Club Member EKA Medal - Sweet FA Rising Star BeanCoiNFT Investor
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Serious question. Would another flag and/or norm smith bump dusty up a level in peoples eyes?

Nov 12, 2002
AFL Club
Geelong
Not only is Dusty better than Danger he is also better than both Ablett's too

In order:

- Better finals player right now. Undeniably. Very little between them overall.
- Great player but Ablett junior's a phenomenon. Even in decline he's still better than most small forwards (35 goals is ridiculous output at his age).
- Can't go there. Still the best player I've ever seen. If you took just the best qualities of the other three I'm not sure that equals senior.

Back