Traded GWS trade #6 and future R1 pick (tied to GWS) to Adelaide for #4

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Pointing out the ridiculousness of Tigers fans complaining is not irony.

We know we have advantages. Just pointing out that so do most clubs. Especially the Victorians.

You won't find us bringing up the disadvantages unless we get Victorians complaining about academies or start ups.
Well we dont have the academies or Victorian perks in SA or WA.

If you look at the numbers there is no way you could possibly come to the conclusion that Carlton have benefited slightly more!
Yes I can. Firstly I have no bias.
The pick swap allowed Carlton to pick a player they really wanted in Stocker.
This year at both 6 and 9 you'll each get the player you want. (Or close enough)
At this stage Adelaide is yet to turn the GWS pick into a player they really rate. Until they do, they are slightly behind.

Drewie11

Premium Platinum
Oct 15, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yes I can. Firstly I have no bias.
The pick swap allowed Carlton to pick a player they really wanted in Stocker.
This year at both 6 and 9 you'll each get the player you want. (Or close enough)
At this stage Adelaide is yet to turn the GWS pick into a player they really rate. Until they do, they are slightly behind.

If you swap pick 6 for pick 9 would you call that a win?

Even if the GWS pick is 19 next year then it’s pick 6 and 19 for 9 and 19

Quick maths

You are looking way too simplistically.
But it wasn't pick 19 for Carlton. They were trading to get a specific player (who they rated higher than 19)
We are now looking with the benefit of hindsight of an even part of the draft where the difference between 6 and 9 is minimal.
So now to be even Adelaide have to turn the GWS pick into something they rate (which they may well do, but haven't yet)

So Port and the Crows split the entire SA talent pool up for themselves?
Dont compare the NGA with anything approaching the Northern academies.
I'm not giving any comparison. I was just pointing out that you were either mistaken or lying.

Look I know you all want to relive last year’s live trade and that’s fine, lots of measuring still to be done.

But if you’re going to start bringing up past trades and trolling on the basis of tanking, salary cap breaches, player camps, etc. that have exactly nothing to do with this trade then you’ll find your ability to post in this thread removed fairly quickly.

This is your warning.

coniglio_number1

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 16, 2011
pannawonica
AFL Club
GWS
Look I know you all want to relive last year’s live trade and that’s fine, lots of measuring still to be done.

But if you’re going to start bringing up past trades and trolling on the basis of tanking, salary cap breaches, player camps, etc. that have exactly nothing to do with this trade then you’ll find your ability to post in this thread removed fairly quickly.

This is your warning.
F412374A-6546-4578-B3CF-B27D8404BECF.png

Oct 6, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
You are looking way too simplistically.
But it wasn't pick 19 for Carlton. They were trading to get a specific player (who they rated higher than 19)
We are now looking with the benefit of hindsight of an even part of the draft where the difference between 6 and 9 is minimal.
So now to be even Adelaide have to turn the GWS pick into something they rate (which they may well do, but haven't yet)
but Adelaide didn’t rate stocker at 19, otherwise we would have used 19 on him instead of trading it. So basically Adelaide won by trading out 19 instead of using it on a player they didn’t rate.

FyfeToAdelaide

Club Legend
May 18, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
but Adelaide didn’t rate stocker at 19, otherwise we would have used 19 on him instead of trading it. So basically Adelaide won by trading out 19 instead of using it on a player they didn’t rate.

More than that, obviously we didn't just not rate stocker at 19 we didn't rate any of the available players at 19. For all we know we can use the Carlton fan logic and say Adelaide rated all available players at 19 last year lower than our resulting hand this year and next..

TheKITC

Cancelled
Mar 7, 2009
The Cupboard
AFL Club
Carlton

More than that, obviously we didn't just not rate stocker at 19 we didn't rate any of the available players at 19. For all we know we can use the Carlton fan logic and say Adelaide rated all available players at 19 last year lower than our resulting hand this year and next..

I'm sorry, but this is simply revisionist horse s**t and apologist speak.

Adelaide did the trade thinking they had absolutely fleeced Carlton into trading their probable top 2 pick for Adelaide's probable pick 12-18ish and pick 19. It obviously didn't pan out that way and Adelaide posters have been moving the goal posts and changing their tune regularly ever since.

Saying you didn't rate any other player available in the 2018 draft is soooo convenient now that you've traded out of that stronger draft into a draft two years later where that pick could quite easily blow out to mid 20's, and ended up with a pick that's arguably worth as much as 3 picks before and after it this year...

Not many people are buying your line of thinking despite how hard you and other Crows posters are trying, sorry to break it to you guys...

FyfeToAdelaide

Club Legend
May 18, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'm sorry, but this is simply revisionist horse s**t and apologist speak.

Adelaide did the trade thinking they had absolutely fleeced Carlton into trading their probable top 2 pick for Adelaide's probable pick 12-18ish and pick 19. It obviously didn't pan out that way and Adelaide posters have been moving the goal posts and changing their tune regularly ever since.

Saying you didn't rate any other player available in the 2018 draft is soooo convenient now that you've traded out of that stronger draft into a draft two years later where that pick could quite easily blow out to mid 20's, and ended up with a pick that's arguably worth as much as 3 picks before and after it this year...

Not many people are buying your line of thinking despite how hard you and other Crows posters are trying, sorry to break it to you guys...

I simply used Carlton fans logic of what Carlton thought of the player, I'm sorry if you believe it can only be used in your favor.

Clearly by your statement you are all knowing of the crows intentions and beliefs about the trade and players it could of taken.

Oct 6, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Carlton clearly wining the trade atm. Anyways, isn’t there another thread for this?
how are carlton winning the trade? They gave up pick 4 (now pick 6 and a 2020 1st) for pick 9. If Carlton were to try and trade stocker they get a pick in the 30’s at this stage.

no one is trading pick 4 for pick 9 and a pick in the 30’s - in fact Adelaide got a future first round for going down to 6. To go down to 9 Adelaide would get a second pick in the teens. Carlton massive losers.

Kreuuuzeurns

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
how are carlton winning the trade? They gave up pick 4 (now pick 6 and a 2020 1st) for pick 9. If Carlton were to try and trade stocker they get a pick in the 30’s at this stage.

no one is trading pick 4 for pick 9 and a pick in the 30’s - in fact Adelaide got a future first round for going down to 6. To go down to 9 Adelaide would get a second pick in the teens. Carlton massive losers.

The difference between Stephens/McAsey at 6 and Kemp/Serong at 9 is negligible.

Stocker will be much better than anything you can find in the 20s next year, that’s if you’re not using it to match a bid.

Put your house on that.

Herne Hill Hammer

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 22, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
How is that silly for the crows. Seems to make a lot of sense. They'd all have a fair idea who the other sides are interested in. It is likely they are getting the same player at 6 as at 4.
I just hope Melbourne don't bid at 3. If they do I imagine we trade 4 for a 1st rounder from someone likely to finish down the bottom somewhere. I assume they have done due diligence and don't expect Melbourne to bid.
I have heard a few people think both clubs want Jackson. If they do want the same player, I think it is more likely Young.

So Young & Jackson you think?

Back