Traded North Melbourne trade #8 to Melbourne for #26, #50 & 2020 1st Round Pick

Who won this trade?

• North Melbourne

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Wait, so you are calling it a massive win if you land pick 14,17 which will be blow out to 20 come draft night and be slightly ahead of north ? Haha.

Plus you under sell next year's draft big time Its more rounded next year and a team like the hawks will need two high picks.
You aren't that silly are you?

I pity the kid who gets picked at #8 for a number of reasons, but he will want to become a gun. I'm guessing, but It would make sense if we made this trade to pick up Kemp. Obviously wouldn't be available at our pick 26, and knowing he probably won't play this next season, it will be like we have picked up a top 5 kid to start the 2021 season. It's the only reason I can think of for making this trade. Unless Taylor really does not rate anyone in next year's very compromised draft. Kemp was rated in top 3 before doing his knee. It's a huge risk though either way you look at it. Something we haven't done much of over the years, so we will see who we pick up and I guess rate the move in a number of years time.

It’s going to be a LONG 12 months!

I’m still convinced this is part of a greater pick swap that will play out soon enough. I’ll be surprised if we still have pick 8 come draft night.

This deal’s become interesting. We’ve eessentially neutralised the pick 26 by getting pick 28 from Freo, and the pick 50 by getting Carlton’s future 4th along with swapping 8 for 10. Interesting if North take the player at 26 or 27 that we want at 28.

This deal’s become interesting. We’ve eessentially neutralised the pick 26 by getting pick 28 from Freo, and the pick 50 by getting Carlton’s future 4th along with swapping 8 for 10. Interesting if North take the player at 26 or 27 that we want at 28.

You also don't have a first rounder next year.

I assumed anyone who read the post could infer that without me saying that, but I clearly overestimated abilities.

I know, but the language it was couched in "neutralised" etc seemed to imply that you'd kind of broken even in it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You also don't have a first rounder next year.

We essentially moved next years first to this year, not a bad result overall. There are a few other teams looking to swap out next year first for a top 10 pick this yeah but i dont see anyone else trading out of the top 10 now.

We essentially moved next years first to this year, not a bad result overall. There are a few other teams looking to swap out next year first for a top 10 pick this yeah but i dont see anyone else trading out of the top 10 now.

Forgive me if I trust in Brady Rawlings slightly more than Zig and Zag or whoever it is that runs Melbourne's recruiting and list management.

Yeah i have no idea what that has to do with us taking two picks in the top 10 this year.... but enjoy.

I'm keen for you to play all those kids as well.

Forgive me if I trust in Brady Rawlings slightly more than Zig and Zag or whoever it is that runs Melbourne's recruiting and list management.

What is it that Rawlings did at WCE as list manager that is so amazing? I’ve had a look and all I can see is a correct gamble to trade out the future 2018 1st round for three 2nd round picks in 2017 and a 2018 2nd round.

Yes, it ended up being very favourable to West Coast, but it’s one deal.

What is it that Rawlings did at WCE as list manager that is so amazing? I’ve had a look and all I can see is a correct gamble to trade out the future 2018 1st round for three 2nd round picks in 2017 and a 2018 2nd round.

Yes, it ended up being very favourable to West Coast, but it’s one deal.

The work he did with multiple 20s and 30s picks (which wow we have now) that got blokes like Oscal Allen, Liam Ryan, Jack Petrucelle.

It was smart work from both the Demons and the Roos. The Dees paid slight overs to get pick 8, knowing that another team (turned out to be Freo) would pay overs to move up a few spots. Both teams effectively benefit from Freo's eagerness to get ahead of a Henry bid.

So after all those missed signings, Brady Rawlings as list manager ended up being North's big fish?

Blimey
They have to spend those spare millions on someone. Rawlings and Bonar are the richest blokes at North

Back