Prediction Best 22 for 2020

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
My AFL and NEAFL teams 12 Feb 2020. Total 51 (AFL) + 6 (NEAFL) players.

AFL
B Harbrow Thompson Joyce
HB Lukosius Collins Hanley
C Bowes Greenwood B. Ellis
HF Ainsworth Day Sexton
F Macpherson King Rankine
Foll Witts Swallow Weller
Int Miller Fiorini Anderson Rowell

NEAFL (23)
B Dawson Burgess C. Ellis
HB McLennan Graham Farrar
C Sharp GHS Murdoch
HF Flanders Corbett Holman
F Lemmens Wright Heron
Foll Smith Brodie Budarick
Int Schoenfeld Fletcher Rosas Murtagh Ace

Depth (1)
Conroy

NEAFL Depth (5)
Gore Buckland Selsby C. Joyce Rusca

Injured
Ballard, Powell, Riordan, Towey, Miles, Hombsh

Gone (10)
Rischitelli Leslie Nutting Scheer Nicholls Young Crossley Wigg Ah Chee Martin

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2009
New Highton
AFL Club
Adelaide
AFL
B Ballard Thompson Lukosius
HB Harbrow Collins Hanley
C Miller Greenwood B.Ellis
HF Ainsworth Wright Sexton
F Powell King Rankine
Int Bowes Fiorini Brodie Rowell

NEAFL
B Hombsch Burgess Joyce
HB McLennan Graham Dawson
C C. Ellis GHS Murdoch
HF Lemmens Corbett Holman
F Young Day Heron
Foll Smith Miles Anderson
Int Riordan Wigg Schoenfeld Macpherson

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
AFL
B Ballard Thompson Lukosius
HB Harbrow Collins Hanley
C Miller Greenwood B.Ellis
HF Ainsworth Wright Sexton
F Powell King Rankine
Int Bowes Fiorini Brodie Rowell

NEAFL
B Hombsch Burgess Joyce
HB McLennan Graham Dawson
C C. Ellis GHS Murdoch
HF Lemmens Corbett Holman
F Young Day Heron
Foll Smith Miles Anderson
Int Riordan Wigg Schoenfeld Macpherson
darcy macpherson finished 3rd in the BNF and you've got him on the interchange bench in the reserves?
reckon it is a decent team but he's got to get more respect than that!

Jan 31, 2009
New Highton
AFL Club
Adelaide
darcy macpherson finished 3rd in the BNF and you've got him on the interchange bench in the reserves?
reckon it is a decent team but he's got to get more respect than that!
Ok player. Probably gets picked ahead of Powell, but not ahead of Rankine, Ainsworth and Sexton. Having Powell as third tall gives forward line an extra target without being too top heavy.

Maybe reserves forward pocket for Macpherson. If GC are to be a top 8 team he’s the type of player that needs to be upgraded.

Jan 27, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Ok player. Probably gets picked ahead of Powell, but not ahead of Rankine, Ainsworth and Sexton. Having Powell as third tall gives forward line an extra target without being too top heavy.

Maybe reserves forward pocket for Macpherson. If GC are to be a top 8 team he’s the type of player that needs to be upgraded.

Powell third tall?

he is 183cm and 68kg dripping wet.

Always played as a winger

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks

I’ll counter that it was his first year in the team. Only 21-22 and could certainly improve further.

Powell took one mark to goal that I can remember for the season, every other goal was streaming forward, running goal inside 50. Is not bad above his head and a good leap. Took a few of those Mitch Robinson style marks going back with the flight or marking in front of a pack on the wing.

Gcsuns_Gourami

Debutant
Oct 13, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
powell's got talent but that boy needs meat on his bone's before he's consistently put in the AFL. I reckon now that we've trimmed a lot of fat he's gonna get more opportunity in the NEAFL. He's got so much potential and in two years I think if he's taken down the right path he'll be a power house

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
powell's got talent but that boy needs meat on his bone's before he's consistently put in the AFL. I reckon now that we've trimmed a lot of fat he's gonna get more opportunity in the NEAFL. He's got so much potential and in two years I think if he's taken down the right path he'll be a power house
If he recovered from his meniscus surgery and has a full preseason I would not be surprised for Powell to be in starting 22 round 1. He should be around 80kg by that time.

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
864610AB-EA4D-4D65-B281-1B1DCF2B569D.png

On draft day.

Kick a Vic

Rookie
Sep 22, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Pretty easy when you turn up at 65kgs

And get meal plans and meal prep
And doing weights 4 times a week.

Powell will be in the starting 22 if fit. He does all the right things and you can tell he is a favourite with the coach

Until he was injured last year he was easily our most improved IMO , watch his work rate out on the ground, it’s unbelievable

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Max Verstappen, Pacers, DR3
This would be my BEST 22 for Round 1. Hopefully we have everyone to pick from, the back 6 pretty much picks itself. Big fan of Ballard and he should have Hombsch covered all day of the week. Hopefully during the year we can develop Mclennan to replace Hanley/Harbrow. Fiorini on bench because he always is, i have Brodie over Miles but Dewy being dewy may go the other way. Really wanted to fit in Anderson but Miller & Macpherson have the runs on the board.

2 debutants (4 club debutants) sounds about right.

Port adelaide at home is a MUST WIN game, we have to start strong and i'm gunna be devostated if we don't win, we always get soft draws to start and we need to make the most of it.

Round 1 – v Port Adelaide

FB: C Ballard, S Collins, J Harbrow
HB: L Weller, R Thompson, P Hanley
C: B Ellis, D Swallow, J Bowes
HF: T Miller, P Wright, B Ainsworth
FF: I Rankine, B King, A Sexton
R: J Witts, W Brodie, H Greenwood

I: D MacPherson, B Fiorini, J Lukosius, M Rowell

EMG: N Anderson, A Miles, S Day, W Powell

Back