Jun 6, 2007
Footscray
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sunderland,Pelicans, LA Kings
Bamboo Harvester

I found another classic today.

I was looking through some storage complaining to myself about the rubbish contained therein.

Then I saw this.
379DE2C4-4A31-40E6-B9C3-F5AE5293E96A.jpeg

Mrs G was my mum’s sobriquet for many people. The two players who gave her this are Michael Gallagher and Adrian Gleeson.

JoeyPBLUES

Premiership Player
Oct 8, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
Amuses me the talk that some run that SOS main reason if he left was his kids.
You see right there in your picture his very own Dad is one of the assistant coaches when SOS played in the photo.
His own Dad and himself have a much better idea how easy it is to still be father-son in same club and not stop you doing your role with the club.
Amuses me Denis Pagan tried to talk Jack into leaving Carlton as he tried to project his own failure to deal with his son being at North when he was a coach onto the Sivagni family. They just work with these things much better Denis...

Feb 6, 2013
Locker #5
AFL Club
Carlton
the machinations of at least 2 other games being played at the same time made it all the more exciting - the final (5)? was being settled all across town.....
HBF was very patiently explaining it all to me while we watched. I had no idea that all the games weren’t televised live or at all in those days. And I hate the score not being on screen at all times.

Nov 11, 2005
Queensland
AFL Club
Carlton
HBF was very patiently explaining it all to me while we watched. I had no idea that all the games weren’t televised live or at all in those days. And I hate the score not being on screen at all times.
Such primitive times. If you turned up at the ground & saw the Channel 7 Outside Broadcast vans parked outside, you at least knew we would be on The Big Replay that night. If the Ground Announcer called for spectators to remove scarves, banner, blankets etc from the fence prior to the game, you knew the game was Channel 7's Match of the Day & would be broadcast live outside of Victoria.

One of my fond memories is of the final scores from other grounds being posted on the scoreboard & if Collingwood or Richmond had lost, those spectators still at the ground would let out a huge cheer.

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
ha! zero.........classic, 78!
Yeah, was going through garage yesterday looking for something else but found this and did amuse me to see I'd written that in there. Not sure If I did it on the day at the grand final or a few days after filling it in watching a replay of grand final at home. I think I was getting out of habit of filling in record about then to keep tabs on goal kickers.
I do not even buy a record anymore when goto the footy but still got plenty from 90's and a few from the 80's.

Earls Smother

Club Legend
Oct 4, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
waverley - shootout against norf - was there.........stood behind sticks' kick as it sailed through and put us on top with a week's rest.............

Must have been near me! For some reason was high up in the Kenneth Luke stand, which was not my normal spot at Arctic Park.
Good game to re-watch as I had a bit of a North connection from going to school with Larkin and Holt (also Passmore, Lisle and Crocker - not bad for a shitty FTG college). Hardwick went there as well. Not sure what happened with me...
Always try to work out who missed out on the GF team. I know Evans got suspended so Murphy came in. Why didn't Sartori play in the flag?

Back