Training 2020 Preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks so much!

Wow, quite the clean-out.

Whole bunch of fresh faces for me to get to know.
We have a few jumper numbers to allocate for 2020
1, 2, 3, 10, 15, 17, 21, 28, 37 (let's hang this up a little longer), 39, 40, 43, 47
Lewis Taylor had #28 at Brisbane so takes 28?
Sam Gray had #46 at Port Adelaide
Kaiden Brand had #30 at Hawthorn

tombomb

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 8, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
With a fit Franklin, we’re always a chance of playing finals.
The thing is when Buddy is fit he was still super damaging this year. Always took him 2 or 3 games to find fitness but when he did he started kicking good bags of goals, before getting injured again.

I think the last 3 games Franklin played this year against West Coast, Hawthorn, and St Kilda ... we looked every bit a top 8 team. They were the only games all year where he looked fit.

Opts

Club Legend
Aug 18, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Brisbane Lions
Swans website's player list is off-air right now (possibly being updated with new headshots etc). Anyone got a current list?
Given the Swans history of head shots I doubt it. They don't usually upload those until just before the season starts.

Opts

Club Legend
Aug 18, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Brisbane Lions
Swans website's player list is off-air right now (possibly being updated with new headshots etc). Anyone got a current list?
Given the Swans history of head shots I doubt it. They don't usually upload those until just before the season starts.

Opts

Club Legend
Aug 18, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Brisbane Lions
Still think Blakey should have been given 37 last year.
I think he deserves no.1. I still can't believe they wasted it on Rose. What were they thinking?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?
I don’t really get romantic about the numbers. Couldn’t care less really!
Me neither, unlike some I'm buggered if I can even remember many of them a few seasons after they retire, but when you think of all the unwarranted schitte heaped on one of our greatest champions ever at the end of his career, I think there's a case for retiring 37 permanently, just to make a point.

Opts

Club Legend
Aug 18, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Brisbane Lions
I don’t really get romantic about the numbers. Couldn’t care less really!
I agree. When you're playing you can't see your own number either. No.1 is good for your no.1 ruck however so that you can spot them more quickly.

elastic

Cometh the moment
Jul 24, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
How long does it take a broken toe to heal ? Sometime I wonder if players might have an injury that's too sensitive to discuss publicly, like a torn scrotum, an infestation of pubic lice or an anal fissure. I had a mate who had a huge boil on his butt which needed lancing in hospital. He was a good looking young guy and the nurses were changing his dressing several times a day.
Is there a second part to this story?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back