Adelaide United FC Thread - 2019 FFA Cup Champions (Kings of the Cup)

Remove this Banner Ad

Who are we potentially trading with?
There was talk in the pre season we were looking to swap him with a defensive mid from another HAL club who's name escapes me.

I appreciate he's unlikely to get heaps of playing time this season but he's a bright prospect and I wouldn't wanna lose him.

Not a bad opportunity to build confidence...... if you score it.
I would assume it’s a confidence thing. He has been struggling for a goal up until he got the first. Get him a couple of goals will do wonders for him going forward. We will need him in January when Toure is away

Toure isn't starting according to Verbeek.

We will miss Halloran in the form he's currently in, but we do have depth on the wing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Slacked off a bit in that last 10 minutes. The thing we know about Kurz teams is that they won't give up and they've got a quality bench.

Opseth has worked his arse off.

I’m not a Blackwood basher like some but he has been horribly wasteful today, whether key passes or shots. Needs to do better. Then again Nicola and Troisi missed easy chances as well but have been fine in the build up play. Troisi has been good, Nicola pretty wasteful and poor.

Blackwood and Nicola are getting into dangerous positions. They can and should do better. Hoping they both have a big second half.

Ospeth has been excellent. His one touch play from long balls is excellent. Such a valuable asset.

Our midfield has been supreme as well. Love the quality of Troisi and McGree but love d’arrigos discipline.

Have gifted them a few good chances but we should be 2 or 3 up.

Blackwood is doing his best work with back to goal, ironically what we want him to to as a 9 not a winger. D'Arrigo looks like he's learnt from Senor Isaias.

blackwood has done fine. very rusty, playing in an unfamiliar role, has crafted himself 2 good chances and linked up well with any play down the right.
He’s at least more useful in this position than as the focal point. I’ll give him that.

I’m not a Blackwood basher like some
Telling some hard truths is bashing?

That's what happens when you don't take chances.

Back