Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
A-League Round 7 and the highlight of the round is the original Derby between Adelaide V Victory and a return of Marco Kurz against his old club. As well as a Grand Final rematch

Round 7 Fixture

Friday 22nd November
Western Sydney Wanders V Melbourne City, Bankwest Stadium, 7:30pm ESDT

Saturday 23rd November
Wellington Phoenix V Brisbane Roar, Westpac Stadium, 5:00pm ESDT (ABC broadcast match)
Adelaide United V Melbourne Victory, Hindmarsh Stadium, 7:30pm ESDT 7:00pm CEDT
Perth Glory V Sydney FC, NIB Stadium, 9:45 ESDT 6:45 WST

Sunday24th November
Central Coast Mariners V Western United, Bluetongue Stadium, 6:00pm ESDT

Bye: Newcastle Jets

Predictions: WSW 2-1 WellvBris 2-2 Adel 2-1 PerthVSyd 1-1 CCM 1-0

Enjoy your football this weekend.

That's the issue for me, if it's an obvious error you'd see it fast enough.

Perth being pantsed here.

Brilliant team goal that and a nice finish by Ninkovic too! 3-1 game over?

Perth in the some boat as Victory atm althrough with much more upside to turn it around.
Not sure about that. Hoogland, Kruse and Naboott still to get fit, and Ola will always find a way to score.

Perth look a different side.

Mate have you seen our midfield? or lack of one? Kruse, Toivonen and Nabbout need supply we don't have any.
Can't say I've seen it no ;)

Brox has been a warrior but he can't be a starter anymore, and there's a bloke you didn't want who plays for us that might have helped.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So many ex-Melbourne City players going around in this game. And the interesting thing (given it's the GF rematch) is that with the exception of Fornaroli, Wilkinson and perhaps Kilkenny, they were all basically plodders with City.

I don't really remember anything about Zullo's time with MC. Ditto Franjic, I think his greatest moment as a fullback was scoring a scorching volley against WSW or someone, didn't do much else. Redmayne never kept a clean sheet in his time as a starting keeper. Retre had a contract because he could play a few roles off the bench. Caceres...meh. Brattan had his moments, but his "whoops a daisy" wry smiles when he'd blast a free kick into the second tier when City was trailing 0-2 wore pretty thin... and so on. I never would have thought you could build a champion team with these players in key roles, but there you go. Surprised Gol Gol Mehbratu and Mate Dugandzic weren't out there, figuring prominently.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back