List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Mega Thread - Pickett is not eligible as F/S or NGA

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
My worry is we will pick the player that we think will have the most impact next year to try and make finals, save kens job and leave kemp on the board.
I disagree. The club is definitely on the rebuild. We brought in Geoff Morris for exactly this.
Ken’s contract will have nothing to do with it.
This is the list management team and recruiters domain.
If we get someone who is AFL ready this year it will definitely be a bonus for developing the group though.

Jan 20, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I disagree. The club is definitely on the rebuild. We brought in Geoff Morris for exactly this.
Ken’s contract will have nothing to do with it.
This is the list management team and recruiters domain.
If we get someone who is AFL ready this year it will definitely be a bonus for developing the group though.

Fingers crossed that they think this way.

SureBuddy

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 1, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
The ideal for us is for Melbourne to bid on Green at 3 and no one to bid on Henry before 12. That way 12 stays as 12.

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
My worry is we will pick the player that we think will have the most impact next year to try and make finals, save kens job and leave kemp on the board.
Na, I think the club directive will stop that. My worry is more that we'll have yet more players stuck developing under Hinkley which is a proven wasteland for talent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no idea.

At a guess we would. We should. He has a place in our side wherever you want to play him.

If Stephens and Kemp are there at Port's pick, which one would you take?

That's what Balmer is suggesting, Stephens and Kemp could slide past Hawthorn.

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
The ideal for us is for Melbourne to bid on Green at 3 and no one to bid on Henry before 12. That way 12 stays as 12.
If Melbourne bid could GWS want to trade out pick 4?

Could we bundle a couple of our picks to get to pick 4?

Pick 4 is worth 2034

Pick 12 - 1268
Pick 16 - 1067
Pick 18 - 985

GWS would make 300 points profit if we gave them pick 12 and 16.

Just a random thought.

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

In the unlikely event that happened I'd take Kemp and try and trade 16 and 18 for 13 and something next year to get them both.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Doesn't matter either way whether Henry gets bid on before 12 or not, he's not available for us anyway.

Just think of '12' as 'the 12th choice of players excluding the academy picks'. If somebody bids on Green before 4 or Henry before 8 that becomes the 11th or even 10th choice of player, but if Henry doesn't get bid on before 8 then it really makes no difference to us whether he gets bid on before or after our pick.

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I don't get it. Are you not tired of just accepting and living with the things the club does? Just because they employ someone to do a job doesn't mean it will be done well (e.g. Hinkley).
So what exactly do you propose we do? Egg the joint? Burn it down? Maybe a protest picket line?

Or is your plan to just whine, moan, whinge, and generally bitch about the club on every occasion?

Hey, don't get me wrong! I DON'T agree with everything the club does. I am happy to express it to the club, and was rapt with the last meeting held with them. But there are some good people still at the club doing a good job, and trying to improve the team and club. There are also some supporters here who are happy to still support our club and the people that are paid to run it, whether we love, like, and agree with them, or not!

EskimoPAFC

The Comebacks & Family Man
Dec 17, 2017
Success without Premierships
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Kemp

Won't be unhappy if we end up with Stephens, but Kemp could legit end up being the best player in this draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back