Pattinson suspended for first test.

Remove this Banner Ad

I doubt Patto body would allow him to play more than 2 or 3 Tests in a row max, so forced to miss one Test not going to be that big a deal.
Issue is Starc bowled well this Test and little I saw of Hazlewood he did too, so probably be 12th man next Test anyway. Lyon and Cummins look a lock every Test so only 2 out of Starc, Pattinson and Hazlewood can play in the side at any moment.

Saw it on foxsports news, selective editing i guess for the part i saw, so a 25% fine for being pissed off you got out, FMD. :rolleyes: CA have seriously lost the plot with these over reactions just because they want to be seen as doing something.

Cricket Australia is morally corrupt, by fining these blokes CA is taking 25% of Smith's money and Pattinson's money. This is cheap tactics by the authority. Also the term Pattinson used isn't offensive at all. We are men, should toughen up, the world nowadays is all rainbows and jelly beans, the end is near mates

and we all do things wrong... and we all drive everyone crazy when we stuff up...

god knows it is a right of passage to muck things up. look at the lord of muck up... dermis.oh Dermott... that is right.. see
can't even get his name right but he slaughtered things and came through as a star in the end...

Pattinson and Cummins first port of call, alternate the rest

No. Hazelwood is the second quick and very easily too.

Pattinson isn't even bowling that well this summer anyway. Not fussed if he plays at all based on form. Nesser is in better form.

patto has almost missed the boat this summer - the big 4 cummo, josh, starcy and gaz will play all summer (fitness/injury permitting) - especially after winning the first test. maybe the back to back melb/syd one of the quicks may be rested, but again all the boys are from NSW. we dont really have an out and out 2nd ranked spinner either. so i'd rather play 3 quicks there as well.

patto has almost missed the boat this summer - the big 4 cummo, josh, starcy and gaz will play all summer (fitness/injury permitting) - especially after winning the first test. maybe the back to back melb/syd one of the quicks may be rested, but again all the boys are from NSW. we dont really have an out and out 2nd ranked spinner either. so i'd rather play 3 quicks there as well.

Lab and Head are in the side. They are your second spinners so to speak.

i wish i had the same faith in them as you and i don't see head with any test wickets to his name.

don't think it's an issue at least until the bang tour mid year though.

Don’t think we need a second spinner anyway

We have actually gone backwards, basically implying with everything that a straight white male will always be superior to you in every way because they are the only 3 words it is acceptable to label anyone with.
Hmm big difference between calling somebody 'homosexual' and a 'pile of sticks', though.

Who cares, stop getting offended and the problem is solved.
Go up and call somebody of African descent the N word this afternoon. Let me know how it goes.

Or walk into Connections and do the same with f*****.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think minorities going around celebrating their derogatory names is the answer.

"I am a fa*got and proud of it" doesn't really work.

I don't think minorities going around celebrating their derogatory names is the answer.

"I am a fa*got and proud of it" doesn't really work.
Funnily enough, I have a black t-shirt with Screaming Queen written in pink on the front of it. A friend of mine managed a record shop and apparently they were a local band and he thought it would make a good gag gift.

I don't think you get it, people react because it makes them feel inferior so switch the mindset.

Being labelled an N word shouldn't be insulting, you should be proud of who and what you are.

I actually think you are the one who is missing the point. It isn't gay men or racial minorities mindset that is the issue. It is the constant use of those characteristics as weapons against them to convey the speakers opinion that the target inferior and less worthy because of those characteristics.

Ironically, this is evidenced by Pattinson's use of the word as a sledge to get under the skin of an opposition player, even though the target isn't gay.

Neither is creating a two tier system where you can call a straight white male anything you like but it's sexist racist,etc to say anything to anyone else.

All that does is reinforce the white man is superior.

I hope that wasn't a Freudian slip and a reflection of how you really feel.

In terms of your broader point. Racial and homophobic slurs have been used against minorities for aeons. For many people it was the last thing they heard while literally being lynched and bashed to death. Society has used those characteristics against minorities as a way to justify poor and inhumane treatment. This is an experience which is not applicable to straight white men, hence why referring to them in such a way isn't considered a slur.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back