Transfer discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem we have is convincing him to join when he knows he's going to be an impact sub most of the time. Our front three is set in stone. He would wanna go somewhere where he knows he's gonna play.

It's a long term prospect for him. Sadio / Mo have 4 seasons to go but as they get older they won't be able to play as many games. I suspect they will move on at different times. When one goes Sancho then becomes first choice at 24/25.

While we are at it lets sign Mbappe on a free when his PSG deal expires in 2022 :)

Apparently Haaland has a clause in his deal that allows him to go from Salzburg to Leipzig for 26mil.

If true, they've set up the Werner replacement perfectly since his release clause is 26mil too.

I'll pretend to be shocked. Who was it who was claiming that there was no chance he'd go to Leipzig for a tiny fee?

I mean it's all well and good having those "deals" in place but they ignore the biggest obstacle, the player has to want to go, and I very much doubt he would. Has been too much flirting by his camp to suggest he'll be anywhere other than the PL next season.

It's also only a rumour that the clause exists, apparently the Werner buyout isn't true anyway.

It's a long term prospect for him. Sadio / Mo have 4 seasons to go but as they get older they won't be able to play as many games. I suspect they will move on at different times. When one goes Sancho then becomes first choice at 24/25.

While we are at it lets sign Mbappe on a free when his PSG deal expires in 2022 :)
But he's not gonna want to be back up into mid 20s. No chance he comes to Liverpool IMO.

Last edited:
The problem we have is convincing him to join when he knows he's going to be an impact sub most of the time. Our front three is set in stone. He would wanna go somewhere where he knows he's gonna play.

Point I was making Jod was that at a bare minimum, with no significant injuries to that front 3 he could still expect 30+ games a season across all comps.

Salah & Mane will be 28 next year, Bobby 29. I don’t think they’ll fall off a cliff but it would be sensible to bring someone in to rotate more frequently than we are currently, and reduce the burden on them.

Long term, the pitch to someone like Sancho would be that if he continues developing at the current rate, his minutes will continue to increase and within a few years he could be the focal point of that attack, much as Sterling has done at City.

Don't know that Sancho is worth what he's going to cost.

He's going to be someones starting RW for the next decade plus, so once his fee is spread over that length of time it's not going to be that great a worry.

And I doubt he's going somewhere to be a backup/depth/long term prospect. His stats over the last couple of seasons have been very good and his already holding down a starting spot in a decent time. He's not going to take a backwards step imo.

Sancho would be a good fit at Chelsea. He’s a blue apparently and they’ve got a great young team developing. But a news flash, he’s not all that. At least from what I’ve seen of him. Decent player but not one with superstar potential imo

I'd be happy for us to pay what they want, his last season and a bit in the Bundesliga has produced 16 goals and 20 assists(over 44 games). Not many 19 year olds put up those numbers. Whoever gets him will be very happy for a long time.
Screenshot_20191125-160228_Samsung Internet.jpg

I hope we have a crack as RW is where we need to spend some cash. Him or Samuel Chukwueze and I'll be happy.

Last edited:
Sancho would be a good fit at Chelsea. He’s a blue apparently and they’ve got a great young team developing. But a news flash, he’s not all that. At least from what I’ve seen of him. Decent player but not one with superstar potential imo

Sancho turned 19 in March last season, 13 goals 19 assists in 43 appearances.

For comparison, Sterling turned 19 during the 2013/14 season, 11 goals 12 assists in 39 appearances.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who said he’d be coming off the bench?

Plenty of games across the season to share starts fairly evenly among 4 attackers.
How many starts have Ox, Sturridge, Origi, Shaq made in thr past few years. Not many. When our front three is fit, they start. Sancho i dont think is an option for us.

Haaland and his old man have toured Carrington and London Colney recently. Not sure about others. Doubt he'd be doing the rounds if he is locked on to go to Liepzig.

No one suggested he was locked in to going there, just that Leipzig are likely able to buy him on the cheap if he were to be happy to go there.

Haaland and his old man have toured Carrington and London Colney recently. Not sure about others. Doubt he'd be doing the rounds if he is locked on to go to Liepzig.
Chortle.
His agent must have asked him to consider clubs great and small.

Point I was making Jod was that at a bare minimum, with no significant injuries to that front 3 he could still expect 30+ games a season across all comps.

Salah & Mane will be 28 next year, Bobby 29. I don’t think they’ll fall off a cliff but it would be sensible to bring someone in to rotate more frequently than we are currently, and reduce the burden on them.

Long term, the pitch to someone like Sancho would be that if he continues developing at the current rate, his minutes will continue to increase and within a few years he could be the focal point of that attack, much as Sterling has done at City.
Your point doesn’t hold up because those bench players have games that overlap.

Also how many appearances will Sancho make out of position as a 9 or left wing?

He won’t buy that pitch because he’s good enough now and other clubs can give him a much better pitch.

I'll pretend to be shocked. Who was it who was claiming that there was no chance he'd go to Leipzig for a tiny fee?

Maybe you want to read again. I asked you what previous transfers between the two clubs indicate that he would go for not much money. You then went on about the clubs' owners and all that, which was beside the point. I looked at their transfer history and the fees paid for Salzburg players appear to be like they were at market value. Not sure how that translates to there being no chance that he'll go for a tiny fee. I never said anything like that.

Your point doesn’t hold up because those bench players have games that overlap.

Minutes are minutes. And there are plenty of them over the course of the season. Case in point, City don’t seem to struggle rotating six of Sterling, Silva, Aguero, Jesus, Sané & Mahrez into three. They’d be daft to put all their eggs in Sterling, Aguero & Sané being fit and firing to play every single game of the season.

Also how many appearances will Sancho make out of position as a 9 or left wing?

A winger who could cost up to £100m, incapable of playing ‘out of position’ on the left? Ha.

Anyway, it seems we’re interested, and I can understand why. With our style he’s exactly the sort of forward we should be targeting. Can’t see him moving in January but it’ll be interesting to see how the next few months play out. Having not spent a penny in the summer I wouldn’t be surprised to see us make a big signing over the next 6-12 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back