Free Agency Brad Crouch [joins St Kilda as a RFA for pick 23]

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol I think your flying a bit of the handle at times but I was going to say the same thing about Jarman. He's off.his rocker at times.

Although in saying all of all this I reckon we should set up a charity boxing match MMM v 5AA (Jars vs Rowey).
It's funny as I've read crows supporters saying Rowe is a clown...now I read crows supporters saying 'take his word for it'...wish they'd make their minds up!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's funny as I've read crows supporters saying Rowe is a clown...now I read crows supporters saying 'take his word for it'...wish they'd make their collective minds up!
They say that but they love him. He's there cheer leader.

Jarman on the other hand is just a general clown and has no real mail or any sources, intact in the past he ran with a rumour from this site and it blew up in his face. That's just him.

Nicks is a genuine footy mind i see him doing good things for Adelaide Crows as much as the rivalry between both SA teams id much rather watch Crows succeed over any Vic team. Port and Crows are like brothers and sisters, hate each other with a passion but would stand up for each other if anyone from the outside started any s**t.

#IRespectSA

I feel the same these days.
Unfortunately port don't have those 'hateable' players as much as back in the day the Cornes bros. Carr bros. Tredrae etc.

Lol I think your flying a bit of the handle at times but I was going to say the same thing about Jarman. He's off.his rocker at times.

Although in saying all of all this I reckon we should set up a charity boxing match MMM v 5AA (Jars vs Rowey).

The bloke is a cuckoo.
Nobody in the whole state listens to anything he says.

If theres anyone that is wrong more than McClure its Jarman.

They say that but they love him. He's there cheer leader.

Jarman on the other hand is just a general clown and has no real mail or any sources, intact in the past he ran with a rumour from this site and it blew up in his face. That's just him.

Like Jarman, Rowe is liked because he's a crows man through and through.
Unlike Jarman, he often gets good mail.

But a lot of people also think Rowie is a clown because of his game commentary and overreactions.
Part of it is him just being one of those really emotional people but also because it gets people tuning in.

I feel the same these days.
Unfortunately port don't have those 'hateable' players as much as back in the day the Cornes bros. Carr bros. Tredrae etc.
I think its more of a past 'hatred' for both fans that now really only shows during a showdown. We have the healthiest most watched showdowns out of all the rivalries in the competition. Yeh i think players these days tend to not care about the petty comments and stupid hits and bumps that earlier showdowns had that would cause a lot of hatred for each team and its fans. Now that both SA teams are in a struggle in different ways it would be wise to work together to derail Vic and its hold on the AFL

But a lot of people also think Rowie is a clown because of his game commentary and overreactions.
Part of it is him just being one of those really emotional people but also because it gets people tuning in.
This is true, Jarmans "mail" is horrendous. Not sure if he has got anything right yet.

But in fairness Jarman is simply expected to the moron folly to Dale Lewis.

So he goes out of his way to write lies, puts it on air/to print...puts his reputation and job on the line because of his hatred of the crows...ok.
Yes, he has been found out deliberately lying & does have a hatred of the Crows.

Brouch will re-sign with the Crows & make him look foolish... again.

Those names had been mentioned at some stage to the build up of trade week. The only one i am questioning is Fogarty never heard anything about him
Fog was mentioned too as was assumed he was unhappy about being in the sanfl... but they neglected to realise JJ was moving on.

So easy to make up BS in the media.

It's been a bit of a media beat up.

He only wanted to join GC because of the dollars that were on offer, but he wasn't "desperate" to get there (or out of Adelaide FWIW).

The Brad Crouch situation marries up sequentially with GC suddenly playing hard ball with Carlton for Pick #9 in the Jack Martin discussions.
Pretty much what I had been told. The only thing he was desperate for was getting a long term deal worked out before the season starts for obvious reasons, but his preference was for that to happen in Adelaide if possible.

Fog was mentioned too as was assumed he was unhappy about being in the sanfl... but they neglected to realise JJ was moving on.

So easy to make up BS in the media.
I believe the Fog rumours came more from other teams asking about him, more than him going around asking other teams. And anyone who asked was told pretty quickly that we had zero interest in moving him on.

Maybe the crows' feelings are hurt regarding Mclure is because his prominence in the media has coincided with the crows' steep fall from the gf loss and when he reports stories such as the collective minds and player movements out of the club, you guys feel attacked, when in reality, the club has undeniably been through 2 really tough years. I'm sure he doesn't hate you, he is just waiting for something positive to happen at Adelaide before he can report it.

On SM-G960W using BigFooty.com mobile app

Maybe the crows' feelings are hurt regarding Mclure is because his prominence in the media has coincided with the crows' steep fall from the gf loss and when he reports stories such as the collective minds and player movements out of the club, you guys feel attacked, when in reality, the club has undeniably been through 2 really tough years. I'm sure he doesn't hate you, he is just waiting for something positive to happen at Adelaide before he can report it.

My issue with McClure and Barrett over the trade period was they had the narrative about a Crows exodus at the start and at one point both Crouchs, Smith, Laird and Fogarty were seen as possibles to go. If this had happened the club being in total disarray would have been apt. None did, yet they stayed with this storyline when realistically none of those leaving the club was desperate to keep.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trust me, as a gold coast supporter, I understand where you are coming from
My issue with McClure and Barrett over the trade period was they had the narrative about a Crows exodus at the start and at one point both Crouchs, Smith, Laird and Fogarty were seen as possibles to go. If this had happened the club being in total disarray would have been apt. None did, yet they stayed with this storyline when realistically none of those leaving the club was desperate to keep.

He does but he is a gatekeeper for the club. He found out that Sanderson was sacked hours before anyone else in the media did and spent an hour on AA saying how something big happened at the club but it wasn't his place to say, meanwhile the Vic scribes jumped on it and "broke" the story hours later, claimed credit for it, and left Rowie looking like the joke he sometimes is.

Barrett just lacks any football knowedge, and lets his bias show through. McClure tries to make out he is impartial. I mean Purple spent the entire trade period saying that pick 15 would have been overs for Brad Crouch, in contract and the B&F at the club, meanwhile saying that Papley at pick 9 was unders and that the Gibbs trade was fair.
He is up their with Robbo in the pretender stakes.

Prominance?

He lost his job on 7's Saturday night coverage and lost his gig on talking footy?

The guy's career is going backwards at a rate of knots.

That's a shame, he won't be able to cover adelaide's rise from the ashes :'(

Our ashes (10th) are your best ever season. I wouldn't get lippy.
Still willing to bet we win 5 more games than the Suns next season.

McClure's career going backwards faster than Stuey Dew's diet.

I'll take that bet, slab of red tins?

We'll go a 6 pack.
Make it over 4.5 wins better then so that one of us wins.

People are going to be very surprised at AFC this year.
We lost 1 player from our top 10 B+F and he is replaced by someone who is actually a better player (Doedee)

Its hilarious that everyone overrated us in 2019 and now going to severely underrate us in 2020.

We didn't lose any of our top 10 best and fairest, and have young improving players such as bowes, ainsworth, weller, rowell, anderson, brodie, sexton, king, lukosisus to come in as well. You also lost a chunk of depth, which will hurt in the second half of the year.

Unless your new coach can reenergize your list I expect you to stagnate, while others improve.. I don't think Adelaide has enough weapons in the midfield, or up forward to be competitive in 2020 but we'll see.

6 pack it is!
We'll go a 6 pack.
Make it over 4.5 wins better then so that one of us wins.

People are going to be very surprised at AFC this year.
We lost 1 player from our top 10 B+F and he is replaced by someone who is actually a better player (Doedee)

Its hilarious that everyone overrated us in 2019 and now going to severely underrate us in 2020.

We didn't lose any of our top 10 best and fairest, and have young improving players such as bowes, ainsworth, weller, rowell, anderson, brodie, sexton, king, lukosisus to come in as well. You also lost a chunk of depth, which will hurt in the second half of the year.

Unless your new coach can reenergize your list I expect you to stagnate, while others improve.. I don't think Adelaide has enough weapons in the midfield, or up forward to be competitive in 2020 but we'll see.

6 pack it is!

Not saying you did lose anyone of worth.
However you are on a 18 game losing streak and you've given some big contracts to mid-low level players like Ellis and Greenwood.

You didnt read what I said did you?
We did re-energize our list, without losing any real quality.

I expect the Suns to be better, but no I dont expect them to win more than 5 or 6 next year at best.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back