Bluemour Melting Pot XXII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m going to have to be the pedant who points out that (1) is incorrect. We didn’t expect to have our first rounder because we thought it was being traded for a mature gun. So while we’re up one first rounder, we have a mature gun sized hole in the list. Arguably we need a ready to go draftee more than ever.

See point 3.

We don't need a readymade. We will get Martin in the PSD to take care of that need.

Still have 5 forwards (McKay, Curnow/Levi, McGovern, Betts, Martin) and a rotating mid as our forward line.

Papley better than pick 9, sure, but we're still fine.

Those third to five year players ready to rock and roll.

Last edited:

We already have Agresta. No need to hire someone for a similar title. If anything Agresta could do with a talented 2IC.

No more overlapping positions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will miss SOS's crafty dealmaking.

I'm not yet convinced Mick Agresta is List Manager head honcho material*, but the club seems to be able to attract high-calibre people, so I have faith that the department will be well staffed and run whomever we have in the big chairs.

* Not saying he isn't good enough, just I haven't seen enough that I can attribute to him to say that he is.

We already have Agresta. No need to hire someone for a similar title. If anything Agresta could do with a talented 2IC.

No more overlapping positions.
It was never an overlapping position, and Agresta seems to be someone the we need to move past, not support.

I’m hoping the club has a plan in place.

As someone said, SOS best strength is his negotiation and strategy skills. If he was to leave I want some of similar level in place.

I also have doubts on Agresta (sims rly just from the outside looking in) think he is good with the list management side of things but think he’s still a bit to inexperienced for the steely negotiation side that SOS excels. There’s not to many hard buggers I’d prefer then SOS in that role

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back