Poll Australian Gridiron League 2019 ~ AUSSIE BOWL I

Vote for the best overall design of Aussie Bowl I

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

playoff-bracket-2-jpg.783021
aussie-bowl-i-logo-png.781134

Welcome! Welcome to the stunning Coast of Gold on this fine Friday afternoon as we get ready to kick off the first. ever. Aussie Bowl!
We'd like to thank Four'n Twenty, for sponsoring and endorsing this event. As such, both teams today will be playing off for the glory of raising the
Golden Pastry.

The great Gold Coast Pirates, led by El_Scorcho, come in today with an undefeated record on the season. A truly remarkable achievement no matter which league it is. Scorch had to tackle a victory from the Roughbacks in last weeks' playoffs, which they did so quite capably. The keys for the Pirates I think today would be to get their offense going early, which has served them well so far, becoming the team with the highest TD ratio in the league.

The marvellous Macarthur Spartans, with craegus at the helm, come in today with just a single loss on the season, that being to Gold Coast in the last week of the regular season. Macarthur stormed right back in the hunt with an impressive playoff win against the smokey Yarra Rangers. The keys of victory for the Spartans today is to channel their inner "Phalanx", making every one of their drives count and wrecking the Pirates' potent passing game.

Now with the introductions over, please stand for the national anthem:

Let's play some Gridiron!
(Poll open for 2 days)

(Four'n Twenty Aussie Bowl I)
Gold Coast Pirates v Macarthur Spartans

aNNiylp.jpg
7szzBBL.jpg

kECPYMk.jpg

BcrTiFH.jpg

AUSSIE BOWL I HALF TIME
Brought to you by Four'n Twenty Pies!

Now to present our half-time entertainment... Chum Drum Bedrum!
aka. that weird Russian singer that became a meme many months ago

Gold Coast would be having this banging around the locker rooms on full volume going in to the break with a handy 4-point lead!
Time for both teams to reset and re-assess their gameplan. Macarthur need to jump the gun on the pirates early to ensure they remain in this thing.​

Two great entries here - both would have been worthy winners, but only one can win in the end.

Congratulations, El_Scorcho

Congratulations El_Scorcho and commiserations craegus, two very strong designs in this first season of the Australian Gridiron League. Hopefully leading the charge for those willing to give it a crack next season ;)

Thank you all other who participated, magpienato Nickimus Rex Broken GremioPower cottoneyeYeo, for making history and supporting this endeavour to establish a fully-fledged and annual Gridiron design competition. I hope to see you all next season!

Well done El_Scorcho on another win. And to caloschwaby and magpienato on running the comp.

Macarthur is disappointed to not have sealed this, but will be back and hungry for revenge next season. Our only question is should the balls have looked like this throughout the game?

Deflated-Football-header-870x484.png

We are not saying that the Gold Coast did anything funny, but they are Pirates...

Well done El_Scorcho on another win. And to caloschwaby and magpienato on running the comp.

Macarthur is disappointed to not have sealed this, but will be back and hungry for revenge next season. Our only question is should the balls have looked like this throughout the game?

We are not saying that the Gold Coast did anything funny, but they are Pirates...

Let's be honest, knowing my clubs off-the-field history, we were probably drunk and "accidentally" did it.

Funny that... WB Stadium employees reported to AGL officials that they'd found one of these lying around the Macarthur rooms stocked with 120GB of footage?

1452077428_1211905.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back