Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 25, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Gippy Power
Would be happy with this as Collingwood's haul in the real thing

Yeah you try and be impartial and its what I came up with but having said that I hear the Georgiades has a suitor in the 20's. Having said that it all depends on what happens on the night and who falls. The suitor may suddenly be able to land someone else.

I think the other thing with Collingwood is the live selections. I have no doubt they will try and move up the order. Not sure got a strong hand though.

Sep 25, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Gippy Power
Well done Snoop Dog - love your work, as always.

I would be over the moon with this draft haul from a Carlton perspective - particularly given you have us taking two of my favorites in Stephens and Honey.

Not sure about Mahoney and haven't seen anything of Stapleton but if you were to give us Garcia at one of these picks that would make three and you would have me doing back flips outside Princes Park.

Also think there are 5-10 better options for us in the RD than Cox but as a rookie I'm not going to be overly disappointed whichever way we go. Ben Johnson the standout there for mine. Warner another good option.

Yeah I think Stephens would be a dream for them. Over weekend was told Swans love Stephens. I think they should go Flanders personally.

Mahony someone I really rate - would love him at Collingwood. Had a very good year last year and was a real influencer during champs. Was good again this year and again had an influence. Busy player, creative and makes things happen.

Stapleton is more a meat and potatoes type but he really excels as an inside ball winner. Really unheralded but if you watch closely very effective in the contest. Not a big kid so for mine loads of upside if he can get bigger. Also v quick.

Yes you are right re Johnson. He is a talent and I probably have a touch low.

BrentFalks90

Debutant
Jul 9, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It’s bloody hard to pick players in this draft. You’ve done a good job. But I can’t see North picking up Elijah Taylor, if his inconsistent then we are better off drafting Williams

Sep 25, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Gippy Power
Good write up snoop :thumbsu:

Just noticed both KM and you are Pies supporters and does this influence you guys in selecting Mitchell Georgiades at the pies selection ?

No - I did seriously consider him at Geelong's earlier selection for them but I think they are more inclined to go talls earlier. I dont think anyone will be hunting him post that. Also thought a little about Essendon and North. I think they are probably the dangers.

I went him because he was available and its a need for Pies but that's no different to any other team.

You are obviously a Richmond man - what do you think they will go after. I rolled all of Stephens / Rivers / Jones and De Koning through that spot.

Sep 25, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Gippy Power
I'd rage if we passed on all of Rivers, Day and Rantall for Bianco, who doesn't fit our style of winger.

I went with Bianco because I probably have the most confidence in him. He is an elite leader, his ball use is sublime and his decision making is awesome. I rate him higher than the others. I think he is the perfect quarterback type and allows kids like Witherden etc to move up.

Rivers is also HB and grant you he is very good. I really rate him but there are question marks on his ability to play midfield at AFL level and hence as a back I go with who is the better defender. Bianco is for mine. Day I think has some question marks and yep Rantall good but a different type and I was looking for an elite defender with good ball use and decision making for that pick.

Sep 25, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Gippy Power
Nice work Snoop. Hearing Carlton will go Kemp or Serong at 9. Stephens would still be a good option. Don't think we can lose at that pick :thumbsu:

Wouldn't surprise to see us get Sokol with a late pick as well

Yeah lot of mail Stephens will go higher. I am hearing Serong at your pick. I may change that around if I firm up the Stephens news. That would have Flanders sliding. Who would you choose out of Serong or Flanders.

Yeah you try and be impartial and its what I came up with but having said that I hear the Georgiades has a suitor in the 20's. Having said that it all depends on what happens on the night and who falls. The suitor may suddenly be able to land someone else.

I think the other thing with Collingwood is the live selections. I have no doubt they will try and move up the order. Not sure got a strong hand though.
If you did pick him with another side in the 20s, who would you go with in the who else bunch for that first pick?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 25, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Gippy Power
It’s bloody hard to pick players in this draft. You’ve done a good job. But I can’t see North picking up Elijah Taylor, if his inconsistent then we are better off drafting Williams

yeah I just think his ceiling is so high and his best moments are v good. Been plenty of players inconsistent at NAB level who go well later. He'd be good value post 30 but agree could not go wrong with Williams. Hasnt had the same year as last but gee he has some strings.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
No - I did seriously consider him at Geelong's earlier selection for them but I think they are more inclined to go talls earlier. I dont think anyone will be hunting him post that. Also thought a little about Essendon and North. I think they are probably the dangers.

I went him because he was available and its a need for Pies but that's no different to any other team.

You are obviously a Richmond man - what do you think they will go after. I rolled all of Stephens / Rivers / Jones and De Koning through that spot.

All of the players you have mentioned above are in play imo and if we had of gotten a band 2 for Ellis i could see going for 1 of Cooper Stephens/Rivers
and De Koning /Jones with the 2 selections but considering we only have #22 (19) i would personally like 1 of Cooper Stephens/Rivers

But also my ideal picks for the next 4 picks would be
38 - Mitchell Georgiades
39 - Hugo Ralphsmith
41 - Brock Smith
56 - Liam Delahunty

Soapy V

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 17, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Yeah lot of mail Stephens will go higher. I am hearing Serong at your pick. I may change that around if I firm up the Stephens news. That would have Flanders sliding. Who would you choose out of Serong or Flanders.

Tough call. Pick 9 should be best available (Flanders) but Serong fills a need. Hope we trade for two later picks like 14 & 24. Will get two good players then. I think it's a very even draft

Mar 26, 2017
Inner Sanctum
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
GBay-WSox-Bulls-Blackhawks-LSU-UNC
Yeah fair call.

Do you see Chol as more of a forward or ruck?
i see the layout of the gf working well. nank is the ruck/chop out intercept defender, soldo is the ruck floating forward occasionally, lynch stay at home fwd occasionally helping out as ruck in fwd line only, ccj upcoming roaming ruck fwd but can take contested marks so floating intercept def/ruck and chol i personally only see as a fill in ruck fwd. depth only, so i dont see them taking any others. my picks would be, cooper stephens or trent rivers with first pick but im hearing they like elijah taylor (i dont see it in him...lazy and plays from behind doesnt stay involved in the contest after first effort) then with our next 3, a developing back - hilder, a runner, perez/ralphsmith, and then a developing tackling straight kicking 3rd tall fwd in sharman, with the last pick im hoping they pick up garcia as a developing prestia replacement or go with one of the big bodied mids to develop in chirgwin or cooley.

rog1995

Cancelled
Mar 26, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
Tough call. Pick 9 should be best available (Flanders) but Serong fills a need. Hope we trade for two later picks like 14 & 24. Will get two good players then. I think it's a very even draft
Soapyyyy. Welcome back to the Carlton family..... Woohoooo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back