Bumped Who DON'T you want? (2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

2 heavily Linked players to the Lions in the media and Phantom drafts Will Gould and Trent Rivers are who I don't want most
Why don't you want Rivers? I think he's a gun. Gould too if he slims down a bit.

The one I don't want is Bianco. Great kick, but our wingers are generally hard tackling tough nuts who can gather their own ball and Bianco is too small for that role.

I'm still kinda baffled with us being linked to Jackson at 3. Unless he can have instant impact up forward alongside T-Mac & Weid.

Would prefer Young at 3, seems the smartest idea.

Also as others have mentioned ~10-12 is probably too high for a Weightman/Serong/Pickett type even though it is a type of player we need. So I wouldn't be surprised if we split 10 into 2 picks in the teens through someone like Geelong/Port. Then grab one of the aforementioned smalls and a Kemp type.

I'm still kinda baffled with us being linked to Jackson at 3. Unless he can have instant impact up forward alongside T-Mac & Weid.

Would prefer Young at 3, seems the smartest idea.

Also as others have mentioned ~10-12 is probably too high for a Weightman/Serong/Pickett type even though it is a type of player we need. So I wouldn't be surprised if we split 10 into 2 picks in the teens through someone like Geelong/Port. Then grab one of the aforementioned smalls and a Kemp type.

It would make sense for you to split 10 into two of the Geelong picks if you feel Pickett will be there then (he should be, 10 seems a reach).

Jackson I'd love at 6 for Sydney (we'll bid on Green so our 5 becomes 6)

Dont want any talls except Jackson or McAsey. No to Worrell De Koning etc.
Dont want Weightman or Pickett (low production) or Bergman (too inconsistent not durable) or Bianco.

I said Tom Lamb in my first contribution to this same thread in previous years, then Liam Ryan in another. (FWIW I wasn’t against picking him up, just not as high as 26) So right now I’m 50/50.

But given WC don’t come into the draft until 46, I don’t really have a specific player I don’t want. I would hope we don’t reach for someone like Jye Bolton. Guy can play, for sure- but he’d be only a rookie pick in my opinion.

Why don't you want Rivers? I think he's a gun. Gould too if he slims down a bit.

The one I don't want is Bianco. Great kick, but our wingers are generally hard tackling tough nuts who can gather their own ball and Bianco is too small for that role.
I don't see either as a massive need for the Lions I believe we need speed and skill with players like Cooper Stephens Jay Rantall and Jeremy Sharp more of a need

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't see either as a massive need for the Lions I believe we need speed and skill with players like Cooper Stephens Jay Rantall and Jeremy Sharp more of a need
I’ll take Rivers over Cooper Stephens and Jay Rantall.

We’re only going to get one of those three.

Rivers will be a big strong inside mid with elite decision making, and skills by foot and hand.

Jeremy Sharp can provide the speed and run on the outside.

We can bring both over from East Fremantle. Package deal.

Ely Smith will provide speed and burst from the midfield.

Harrison Jones I’ve seen a few phantom drafts on BF and other sites have the Lions taking him. Brisbane don’t need another KPF we already have Hipwood,McStay,McInerney,Ballenden,Wooller,Skinner,Fullarton.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back