West Coasters Flag Prospects 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm interested in this wager?? What's the conditions? Richmond has a better win-loss record at each Victorian venue than any interstate venue since 1990 (considering West Coast Whingers claim anything before 1990 doesn't exist)?

The difference between a State based comp & a national comp too difficult for you to comprehend?

You West coast whiners should be very greatful that your clubs players and coaching staff are not so hung up on how hard you seem to think they have it.
Imagine if they all carried on like the bulk of you sooky supporters. o_O

Drawing attention to the FIXture/GF by the club is done behind closed doors .... A WA based Commissioner got the flick for questioning, OF COURSE you know that, why would you ignore it?

The club has got to 7 GFs in the 30 years of the national comp, good stable management & we've hot our share of obstacles.

As for sooky supporters are they better or worse than elitist supporters?

You believe in your alternative facts & made up history books while I’ll use the information the AFL provides to discuss the history of the competition;)

Yep, Polly rewrote ruck work in the 60s by bringing the skills developed in WA in the 50s.
By all means stick with the propaganda, denial.

its strange your trying to compare me with Israel Folau when you’re the one who’s got the controversial opinion.

You have to at least admit that your view on the history of the AFL is different than the majority of the supporters (and the competition itself)

Yes my view is of Australian football - you appear to have a Victorian view of Aussie Rules.
Your view is not widely held anywhere but Victoria, shock horror !!

You know the history of Haydn Bunton Snr, NSW boy banned from playing AFL footy for receiving money, won 3 x Brownlow in 119 games, took a better offer from Subi & won 3 Sandovers - the best footballers didnt play VFL footy, oops, so many examples .... that some of your ilk believe Stephen Michael was able to be AA captain but didnt even play senior footy.

However in 1996 we celebrated 100 years of the AFL, not 6 ;) You can’t just decide that the VFL & the AFL are two different competitions when it’s the same linear competition with a name change.

Indeed you can, their is a difference, ALL the best play in one comp, you only have to look at the role of indigenous footballers in the AFL v the VFL.
Happy to acknowledge lineage but its a real stretch to compare on field feats. Bit like the Amatuer /Professional discussion in tennis.
Port are the most successful team of the State League era.

...and until the AFL records are separated can we at least discuss them as the AFL states them and not from the ‘alternative fact’ text book that seems to be given to every West Coast Whinger upon sign up of membership??

Once the AFL separates them I’ll happily discuss the competition on those terms; until then it just makes you guys like stupid.

Hope you never travel.

A few held by the a few West Coast Whingers supporters on Big Footy holds a little bit less weight than 99% of the media

I’ll ask you again— how many premierships did Bruce say Richmond had on Grand Final Day?

It’s actually hilarious how many excuses, false facts and bullshit that’s being peddled by West Coast supporters at the moment— it’s like they know deep down inside that they’ll need the excuses for September as there team got showed up in the last month of 2019 and it will happen again in 2020.

I don't understand this...

I'm not sure what will happen in September 2020, no one does, that's why we watch the season, to see how it unfolds. We have a great shot of winning our fifth AFL premiership. But who knows, we may not do it. That's ok, it is what it is. When you support a club that has made 7 grand finals since the AFL era started in 1990 you don't need to make excuses because you know deep down inside that there will be many more chances in the future.

Where was it that West Coast fell down last year?

WC 2019 just not as good as WC 2018. Against North in Rd19 was the only time I really thought we looked like a real contender in the second half of the season, and they weren't a finals side.

2018: 3 wins <10 points, 0 losses
2019: 1 win <10 points, 2 losses

Had a couple of good wins where we needed to fight but you shouldn't be burning those petrol tickets against Melbourne and Adelaide at home. The Richmond game in Rd 22 was a real 50/50, we lost that because of some terrible errors by T Barrass. But were still in the contest until the last minute.

Even the SF vs Geelong, poor start then kicked 9 goals to 4 in the middle two quarters to lead at 3QT. Then just went to sleep. Same as the Collingwood game in Rd 17, kicked 0.1 in the last quarter. I don't think we would have done that last year.

...and until the AFL records are separated can we at least discuss them as the AFL states them and not from the ‘alternative fact’ text book that seems to be given to every West Coast Whinger upon sign up of membership??

Once the AFL separates them I’ll happily discuss the competition on those terms; until then it just makes you guys like stupid.

The AFL list their Premierships as just that "Premierships".

But what if I only want to speak about the modern era of football where there was one professionally run national league and not divided in multiple state leagues?

Talking about it as the AFL era (given that is the name of the competition) makes perfect sense in that context. Also, if I have no interest in the "Pre-AFL era" due to the lack of prestige associated with a national competition and therefore choose to distinguish, that's my prerogative and don't understand why you should be so upset about this.

This is a thread about West Coasts 2020 prospects and yet the last few pages have been all about #VICBIAS, how only premierships since 1990 count, how travel is unfair—- all of thee excuses and a ball hasn’t been bounced yet??

What excuse is going to be next?? The AFL has bribed the umpires to favour the opposition because they are upset they lost their Gatorade sponsorship??

If this is a thread about West Coast and their 2020 prospects, and West Coast fans choose to discuss issues which affect their 2020 prospects, such as Vic-centric nature of our national competition, that sounds legitimate point to discuss. I don't understand why you're so upset about it. If it isn't your thing, just unwatch the thread and keep it moving....

Since when is changing the criteria of what is a "premiership" a legitimate element of West Coasts 2020 season??

Anyway-- I'm just going to set you to ignore from now on; because in the 2 months on BigFooty you've given West Coast supporters a horribly bad reputation.

Because when I state my opinion you go on these multiple page rants about how West Coast is disadvantaged and call me a “bunny”

The irony of asking me to respect your somewhat controversial opinion; but then harassing people across multiple threads for disagreeing with you is mindblowing.

Referring to anything as "in the AFL era" simply isn't controversial though.

It is denoting the era of a national competition. It isn't erasing any of the achievements that preceded 1990, it is simply providing a way to frame the achievements relevant to that conversation.

Hawthorn have 13 (?) VFL/AFL Premierships
With 5 flags, Hawthorn are the most successful team of the AFL era.

I have seen both of those statements in multiple articles. One doesn't invalidate the other.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a thread about West Coasts 2020 prospects and yet the last few pages have been all about #VICBIAS, how only premierships since 1990 count, how travel is unfair—- all of thee excuses and a ball hasn’t been bounced yet??

What excuse is going to be next?? The AFL has bribed the umpires to favour the opposition because they are upset they lost their Gatorade sponsorship??

7 GFs in 30 years says the Eagles are a chance, winning & losing on field is the clubs go, cant ever earn a GF, win 'em anyhow.
Interesting that the number of Vics in denial is increasing, hang in there.

WC 2019 just not as good as WC 2018. Against North in Rd19 was the only time I really thought we looked like a real contender in the second half of the season, and they weren't a finals side.

2018: 3 wins <10 points, 0 losses
2019: 1 win <10 points, 2 losses

Had a couple of good wins where we needed to fight but you shouldn't be burning those petrol tickets against Melbourne and Adelaide at home. The Richmond game in Rd 22 was a real 50/50, we lost that because of some terrible errors by T Barrass. But were still in the contest until the last minute.

Even the SF vs Geelong, poor start then kicked 9 goals to 4 in the middle two quarters to lead at 3QT. Then just went to sleep. Same as the Collingwood game in Rd 17, kicked 0.1 in the last quarter. I don't think we would have done that last year.
I've read people saying eagles erred in not going extra yard to get Tim Kelly in but im not sure midfield was an area Eagles were behind in.

I've read people saying eagles erred in not going extra yard to get Tim Kelly in but im not sure midfield was an area Eagles were behind in.

He would've made a difference but he wouldn't have replaced Barrass when he was out or Hutchings when he was out etc. Would've shared some midfield load with Yeo and Shuey who did the heavy lifting during the season but then those guys didn't drop their output in the finals anyway. We creamed the Bombers (average mids) and were all over Geelong (highly rated mids) after a slow start.

Forward line was a bit unsettled with Petruccelle and Allen playing most games, LeCras gone, Rioli injured for 10 games, Cripps out for 5, Venables out for most, Cameron and Waterman each playing a few etc. Consistency in the forward half probably our biggest weakness this season. Ruck dynamic also not as strong with Hickey and Vardy and then Hickey and Naitanui who missed 13, played 3, missed 6 then played 2.

I was laughed at last year by some Cats fans when I said the best role Kelly could play for us in 2019 was as a mid/HF with LeCras going. Ah well. At the end of the day we went from 16-6 to 15-7, we didn't fall off the face of the Earth.

He would've made a difference but he wouldn't have replaced Barrass when he was out or Hutchings when he was out etc. Would've shared some midfield load with Yeo and Shuey who did the heavy lifting during the season but then those guys didn't drop their output in the finals anyway. We creamed the Bombers (average mids) and were all over Geelong (highly rated mids) after a slow start.

Forward line was a bit unsettled with Petruccelle and Allen playing most games, LeCras gone, Rioli injured for 10 games, Cripps out for 5, Venables out for most, Cameron and Waterman each playing a few etc. Consistency in the forward half probably our biggest weakness this season. Ruck dynamic also not as strong with Hickey and Vardy and then Hickey and Naitanui who missed 13, played 3, missed 6 then played 2.

I was laughed at last year by some Cats fans when I said the best role Kelly could play for us in 2019 was as a mid/HF with LeCras going. Ah well. At the end of the day we went from 16-6 to 15-7, we didn't fall off the face of the Earth.
Occasionally played high half forward cats.

Goal kicking mids, of which he is one, are gold

West Coast should have a good chance over the next 4-5 years, their recruiting has been excellent. Hopefully we get another combo of Pies/WC/Tigers in the decider.

Referring to anything as "in the AFL era" simply isn't controversial though.

It is denoting the era of a national competition. It isn't erasing any of the achievements that preceded 1990, it is simply providing a way to frame the achievements relevant to that conversation.

Hawthorn have 13 (?) VFL/AFL Premierships
With 5 flags, Hawthorn are the most successful team of the AFL era.

I have seen both of those statements in multiple articles. One doesn't invalidate the other.

Surely you can’t count any premierships won before the introduction of the GWS Giants. In the spirit of the fairness you seek, then only flags won in the past 8 years should be truly valid.

Making up new arguments now!
With Kelly and a fit Natanui the Eagles are primed to give themselves every chance and that's all any clubs supporters should hope for at this point in time.

Surely you can’t count any premierships won before the introduction of the GWS Giants. In the spirit of the fairness you seek, then only flags won in the past 8 years should be truly valid.

its still a national comp as compared to state based comps

pretty simple concept to understand

Are you deliberately being dense? If we play a co-tenant it’s not a genuine home ground advantage, is it? Same as when you play Freo
hmm

yes it is.

but that point is moot. it's the amount you play at the ground that gives you a distinct advantage having a familiar knowledge of the ground against interstate sides.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back