Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Bananas

Premiership Player Hater
Sep 10, 2010
Next door
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I went with Bianco because I probably have the most confidence in him. He is an elite leader, his ball use is sublime and his decision making is awesome. I rate him higher than the others. I think he is the perfect quarterback type and allows kids like Witherden etc to move up.

Rivers is also HB and grant you he is very good. I really rate him but there are question marks on his ability to play midfield at AFL level and hence as a back I go with who is the better defender. Bianco is for mine. Day I think has some question marks and yep Rantall good but a different type and I was looking for an elite defender with good ball use and decision making for that pick.
Fair enough, well reasoned. I wouldn't want Bianco as a winger but it makes sense if we would be using him in Witherden's role and bringing Witherden up the ground more. I can't deny he has all those skills and attributes you mentioned so he would probably be a good fit in the quarterback role.

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
As an Essendon supporter I would be bitterly disappointed with that draft. Morelow/mid 180cm midfield/utility types is something we need to break trend from going after. Especiallly if Georgiades, Chirgwin, Ralphsmith were all still on the board when we enter.

I really, really, really want us to pick up Ricardi, he'll be a steal for whoever gets him. Is one of the betst young KPF I have seen in the VFL in my almost 10 years watching the level.

Sep 25, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Gippy Power
All of the players you have mentioned above are in play imo and if we had of gotten a band 2 for Ellis i could see going for 1 of Cooper Stephens/Rivers
and De Koning /Jones with the 2 selections but considering we only have #22 (19) i would personally like 1 of Cooper Stephens/Rivers

But also my ideal picks for the next 4 picks would be
38 - Mitchell Georgiades
39 - Hugo Ralphsmith
41 - Brock Smith
56 - Liam Delahunty

All good picks and yep Georgiades would be a nice fit at Tigers......knock Collingwood off again for a tall fwd!

Delahunty will be available.

Sep 25, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Gippy Power
Poetry as usual Snoop. Really happy with our picks. Sounds like we are really into Sokol this year. Think we’ll take him with our last pick or wait until the rookie draft?

Yeah I have been keen on him for years and hopefully gets a chance this year. Whether its us or not am not sure. How he fits in with Elliott would be interesting but they are the experts. I'd be really keen for them to get Pina as well.

Sep 25, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Gippy Power
Is Jackson’s leap better than Grundy’s?

Yeah I think so but I think he is a bit shorter. Very good prospect. Grundy had been committed to footy all the way through. Jackson has been playing a lot of basketball and for ruck prospects its a different game so when he is solely focussed the development will be massive.

Sep 25, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Gippy Power
As an Essendon supporter I would be bitterly disappointed with that draft. Morelow/mid 180cm midfield/utility types is something we need to break trend from going after. Especiallly if Georgiades, Chirgwin, Ralphsmith were all still on the board when we enter.

I really, really, really want us to pick up Ricardi, he'll be a steal for whoever gets him. Is one of the betst young KPF I have seen in the VFL in my almost 10 years watching the level.

He was a hard player to place and Essendon along with Geelong were the two I was always thinking about. I probably have a view that you have to back yourself in with Daniher and to a lesser extent Stewart, Gown and McKernan but if there isnt a lot of confidence Daniher will stay and that the other 3 wont kick on then absolutely Riccardi is a live option.

re the first two picks I think you need some inside talent and Mott and Schoenberg I rate as elite in that role. Chirgwin close, Ralph-Smith different and Georgiades again same view as above. Essendon will be interesting though and was one of the hard ones to form a view on.

Sep 25, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Gippy Power
Hey Snoop what's the chance Young slips to us? Latest talk is we are looking at Young, Stephens, Serong then Kemp. Be interested to see if we will swap picks as we don't have many spots left and are still looking to add some maturity.

There is a real chance.

if there is no pick swaps before yours then the dangers would be Swans at 5 but I hear they are keen on more of an inside mid. I havent been able to get a sense of who they have put most work into so am a bit unsure. On talent you would think Young but on needs and talent I would go with Flanders and maybe even a Serong or Robertson. Lets say it is Flanders.

Then it is really just Freo and given Longmuir has said wants some speed / carry you would think Stephens comes into the frame and they may couple that with the local kid in Robertson. Young's interviews will have been interesting bc if they got the sense he wouldnt cope well away from home then they may pass. The interviews are crucial to clubs when picking interstate players.....more than we realise.

Sep 25, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Gippy Power
No. We will use the lower picks we have.

The way the bidding works is that when another clubs calls his name, Port have the right to match it. In order to match it they take him at that selection and then use their remaining picks which each have a points value to match it. Hence if he is called there you will have to take him there or lose him.

Soapy V

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 17, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
There is a real chance.

if there is no pick swaps before yours then the dangers would be Swans at 5 but I hear they are keen on more of an inside mid. I havent been able to get a sense of who they have put most work into so am a bit unsure. On talent you would think Young but on needs and talent I would go with Flanders and maybe even a Serong or Robertson. Lets say it is Flanders.

Then it is really just Freo and given Longmuir has said wants some speed / carry you would think Stephens comes into the frame and they may couple that with the local kid in Robertson. Young's interviews will have been interesting bc if they got the sense he wouldnt cope well away from home then they may pass. The interviews are crucial to clubs when picking interstate players.....more than we realise.

Agree. I'm really not fussed this draft. I think we will do well regardless. Even that swapping 9 for 2 x later first round/early 2nd round picks would be a bonus.

I'd like to see us get Ben Sokol late. Thanks :thumbsu:

Sep 25, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Gippy Power
Agree. I'm really not fussed this draft. I think we will do well regardless. Even that swapping 9 for 2 x later first round/early 2nd round picks would be a bonus.

I'd like to see us get Ben Sokol late. Thanks :thumbsu:

Lot of clubs interested in Sokol. Be interesting when and where he goes.

Soups

Premium Platinum
Jul 16, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yeah I have been keen on him for years and hopefully gets a chance this year. Whether its us or not am not sure. How he fits in with Elliott would be interesting but they are the experts. I'd be really keen for them to get Pina as well.
Poster on our board says we are very keen on him. So see how it pans out. More firepower in the forward line is always good.

Sunstar

Senior List
Sep 20, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
ROOKIE DRAFT

# 1 Gold Coast

Kaden Schreiber / Oakleigh / 188cm / 79kg

Utility / Defender type who showed some really good signs late. Big chance to go in national for mine.

# 2 Melbourne

Ben Sokol – Subiaco / 184cm / 88kg

Mature age medium forward who had a great year at Subiaco including 6 in a GF. The Elliott type they missed at trade table.

# 3 Carlton

Rhai-Arn Cox – East Perth / 174cm / 76kg

Got a highlight reel this kid just a bit inconsistent. Reminds me a bit of Cameron at same age. Worth a shot.

# 4 Sydney Swans

Jesse Clark – Geelong / 188cm / 80kg

Lot of time for him. Real good HB type who I think has a bit of scope.

# 5 St Kilda

Isaac Wareham / GWV / 187cm / 80kg

Midfielder with speed and a bit of class about him. Presents well and one I think someone could take higher.

# 6 Fremantle

Hugh Dixon - Fremantle

# 7 North Melbourne

Sam Ramsay – Calder Cannons / 180cm / 72kg

Impressive player and think one that when adds size can really go on. He is good inside and out. His ball use is good and might be one that a club is prepared to take time on.

# 8 Adelaide

Ben Johnson / Peel / 178cm / 72kg

Lightning quick small defender who tested really well and was impressive through the year.

# 9 Port Adelaide

Elliott Dunkin - West Adelaide / 180cm / 78kg

HB who has a good year and shows can go next level and play a role. Kicking is very good and athletically ready to go.

# 10 Hawthorn

Ty Thorne – Peel / 168cm / 58kg

Really good small forward but his size worries me and wonder if he doesn’t have to spend a year in the WAFL.

# 11 Essendon

Riley Baldi / Gippsland / 180cm / 77kg

Midfielder / wing type who shows a bit of dash and skill. Some of his moments through the year were pretty impressive but have seen these kids miss completely as well.

# 12 Western Bulldogs

Lachlan Potter – Northern / 182cm / 81kg

Small defender who I really liked as a bottom ager. Hasn’t quite got to the level I hoped this year but he has some speed and makes good decisions.

# 13 WCE

Ryan Sparkes / Gippsland / 185cm / 82kg

Seen a fair bit of him and he has some AFL attributes but he needs to do more it if. He is a good rookie selection as got a feeling he might thrive and he showed some good signs in the finals. He is a good ball user.

# 14 Brisbane

Will Martyn – Brisbane / 185cm / 82kg

Academy selection who may get bid in the National.

# 15 Collingwood

Jarvis Pina – Peel / 178cm / 72kg

With Noble and Quaynor may not need another of his type but a really quick and creative small defender. He may well go earlier than this.

# 16 Geelong

Jye Bolton / Claremont / 187cm / 84kg

Could they go and get a mature age mid to help them immediately. Bolton has dominated for years and would walk in that side.

# 17 GWS

James Peatling / GWS / 184cm / 73kg

Giants Academy selection

# 18 Richmond

Ben Kelly / Murray Bushrangers / 203cm / 100kg

I am impressed by him. Doesn’t have the flexibility others in the pool have but he is a big boy and fits that Soldo / Nankervis type.

# 19 Gold Coast

Josh Schoenfeld – Gold Coast

# 20 Melbourne

Ryan Gardner – Northern Knights / 184cm / 73kg

I was watching him closely coming into the year but he just didn’t kick on. He did have injuries and someone could look at him as someone they want to develop. Plays more an outside game and will need to add some size.

# 21 Sydney Swans

Brodie Newman – Calder Cannons / 193cm / 91kg

Key defender who I have been impressed with. Reads game well and he knows where to stand to intercept. His challenge I think is his athletic ability.

# 22 St Kilda

Jake Stein – GIANTS

Think Saints might jump in here and nab the tall from GIANTS.

# 23 Fremantle

Ryan Sturgess / Northern / 190cm / 80kg

Athletically talented and can play a few different roles but needs to lock one down and probably improve use by foot.

# 24 Adelaide

Lachlan Williams – Dandenong / 182cm / 76kg

Quite like this kid and saw him play some good games off HB late. Has also played forward and shown a knack for the goals.

# 25 Port Adelaide

Josh D'intinosante - Northern / 177cm / 78kg

# 26 Essendon

Haidan Schloithe - South Fremantle / 184cm

Think one that could come in and give Essendon some real explosiveness and power forward and middle.

# 27 WCE

Chad Warner – East Fremantle / 183cm / 83kg

Inside mid who impressed at times through the year. Real good around the contest but needs to develop outside / spread game.

# 28 Geelong

Oscar Brownless – Geelong

# 29 WCE

Sam Lowson / Coburg / 182cm / 84kg

# 30 GWS

Tom Sheridan – GIANTS

# 31 GWS

Zach Sproule - GIANTS

# 32 GIANTS

Liam Delahunty – GIANTS Academy

Academy Selections

Lions – Will get Coleman and Tozer would think as either rookie or Cat B

GIANTS – Peatling and Delahunty could be Cat B players.

Suns – Budarick / Rosas and Conroy have all signed as rookies but haven’t included above. Gore a chance.

Swans – May take Ellem as a Cat B

In the mix

Cole Gerloff

Henry Cauford

Jackson Davies

Zak Pretty

Charlie Dean

Frank Anderson

Lochie Dickson

Ronin O’Connor

Jack Bell
Suns have put in their Academy nominations Gore ,Gilmore,Koenan

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Great work as usual Snoop.

Out of interest, you don't think Trent Burgoyne is a chance to get taken. I really liked his highlights package and thought he'd be a shoo-in to go FS. Injuries this year count against him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back